Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cheltzie Lee news

Here is a link to see Cheltzie Lee's new short program skated on January 9 and is the first time she was able to try a full short with any triples since Worlds 2010. http://www.burwoodscene.com.au/home/

Choreographed by Robin Cousins

also a story - http://www.burwoodscene.com.au/home/...o-compete.html

Quadless
    vCash
    Thanks for the update! The program is obviously still developing, but it has great potential. I like her music choice and the fact that she understands which styles suit her, as this program clearly does. With some more training and speed, this could be quite a memorable short. Very interesting positions on her layback at the end.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Thanks for posting. I can't wait to see her compete again.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Good to see Cheltzie out there again.

Hopefully, she can boost her content to the 3toe/3toe and 3lutz she is planning by worlds.

vCash
    Is she going to 4CCs and Worlds?

vCash
    Yay! So good to see her coming along after time off! She was training so well pre nationals and then injury. She seems stronger and fitter than Olympics for sure. Great to see the new programs!

My girls and I have been away and came back last week. Had the pleasure of speaking with Cheltzie and she's happy to be back training after injury and so excited to start uni! What an exceptional young lady to have had such a rollercoaster 2010 and yet so excited to be back skating. Can't wait to see what's in store for her in 2011! Welcome back Cheltzie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Is she going to 4CCs and Worlds?
    Worlds isn't decided yet. But she is assigned to 4CCs along with Jaimee Nobbs

http://www.isa.org.au/Documents/High...ary%202011.pdf

vCash
    Thank you so much for sharing! It's great to see her skate again! Go Cheltzie!

vCash
    Thanks for posting the clip. Great to see her skating so well.

Just wondering why Brooklee was selected for Junior Worlds when Chantel Kerry was the Junior champion at nationals.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Just wondering why Brooklee was selected for Junior Worlds when Chantel Kerry was the Junior champion at nationals.
    I can only assume they took the international results and jump content into consideration as well.
    Has Chantel competed internationally at all this season?

vCash
    Thank you for posting that. It's great to see that she'll be healthy enough to compete at 4CCs. I really like the program, too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    I can only assume they took the international results and jump content into consideration as well.
    Has Chantel competed internationally at all this season?
    Chantel didn't compete in any international events.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    The selection of Brooklee was a no brainer- it was clear from the selection of skaters for the JGP events last year that ISA was backing Brooklee as the next representative to Junior Worlds. ISA chose to give Brooklee 2 JGP and Jaimee 1 therefore Chantal missed her opportunity to establish an International score therefore lowering her Australian Ranking. Chantal did finish 2nd to Brooklee at the selection competition but failed to gain selection as Jaimee Nobbs has a medical bye and as the junior national champion for 2009 had priority.

Does any of this make sense? ISA has a history of selecting skaters for prefential treatment based on how the ISA guru's see this skater performing in the future. The same goes for skaters they see as not being the best representative for Australia. If the preferred skater does not fit the selection rules ISA will rewrite the rules and there is no appeal process!

Good Luck to Cheltzie and all the Australian team!

vCash
    Australia followed the rules they set at the beginning of the year completely. They didn't change anything but go by the ranking scores. It's the same as what many countries use, like GBR they take the highest score. Brooklee had the highest score, so gets JW.

Chantel had the option of going to any B assignment to try to get a higher score but didn't. Her brother went to 2 JGPs, and now FCC, and JW, so I'm sure they could have sent her somewhere if they thought she could match Brooklees score. Chantel landed no triples at nats and Brooklee landed 5, so I doubt she thought she could match the score. If clean Brooklee has a chance to earn Australia extra JGP spots, Chantel with no triples would not.

The lucky one seems to be Jamiee Nobbs. She got JW when she was 13 and 14 as an alternate, last year got it at the last minute when Chelzie got to go the Olympics as origionally Chelzie was going to JW. This year, due to the min score rules she got FCC, otherwise it would have gone to the senior ladies at nats. She has really good timing! I hope she does well there.
    Last edited by sammyf; 01-24-2011 at 05:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Worlds isn't decided yet. But she is assigned to 4CCs along with Jaimee Nobbs

http://www.isa.org.au/Documents/High...ary%202011.pdf
    Thanks. I guess 4CCs is going to decide who between Cheltzie and Jaimee will go to Worlds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Thanks. I guess 4CCs is going to decide who between Cheltzie and Jaimee will go to Worlds?
    Yes, the top finishers in each will go to Worlds. As long as Cheltzie stays healthy she should have that spot easily.

vCash
    Cheltzie looks great, fit and her jumps are as big as ever! Looking forward to seeing her at 4CC and hopefully Worlds!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks for sharing the link. Love Cheltzie's program and the choreography. I think working with Robin Cousins was a wise decision.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Sorry for the thread drift but why isn't Broklee entered for 4CC?

Her choice because it's so close to Junior Worlds?

Best of luck to Cheltzie! I hope she returns back to form by 4CC.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Brooklee Han is too young to compete in 4CC

Good luck to Cheltzie, Jamie and all the Aus team!!!
    Last edited by pinky33; 01-25-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast