• Keep it!

46 34.33%
  • Dump!

88 65.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Not if they're going to grant exceptions...
    That would mean granting exceptions to Worlds, and the wording of the Plushenko announcement was that it only applied to Europeans and specifically doesn't apply to Worlds. He has to earn his TES minimum at Europeans (or a Senior B before Worlds) in order to compete at Worlds. (He's also said he had no interest in competing at Worlds, because he plans to have surgery.)

I disagree with using Euros and 4C's as qualifying events for Worlds. For one thing, every 4C nation gets three entries (still) to 4C's, giving that nation multiple shots to qualify skaters for Worlds; Euros are limited by prior year placements. Besides that, I think that it is legitimate to give ailing champions the ability to skip Euros to be healthy for Worlds -- it's not the playoffs, just another competition -- and/or the Federations to use it to determine their own spots, and that doesn't always include their gold and/or silver medalists.

I don't think that skaters should be in championships unless they show that they've been able to meet the minimum requirements for a SP in some combination of international competition. For example, I don't think that a skater who has never done a 3/2 and a triple of out of steps should be at a senior championship.

I also don't think a minimum score should be required from anyone who has qualified for a championship FS (and can do the minimum SP requirements).
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Any one who attended Australian National Championships in December 2011 will be really pleased that there is a minimun score requirement for 4CC. The only lady to pass the qualifying mark in the senior even was a guest. Not one Australian lady completed a satisfactory double axel in the senior event.

Australia is scrambling to field a team.

So please, please keep the qualifying mark- if skaters can't meet the requirements they should seek the technical expertise to bring them up to the minimum score or forget about a career as an international figure skater. The minimum scores are extremely low.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin Bean View Post
    Any one who attended Australian National Championships in December 2011 will be really pleased that there is a minimun score requirement for 4CC. The only lady to pass the qualifying mark in the senior even was a guest. Not one Australian lady completed a satisfactory double axel in the senior event.
    I still think it sucks badly that there were international guests at our NATIONAL championships, and worse, that one won the Senior Ladies event.

I'm a bit miffed about the double axel thing. I watched Karuna practice many times in the leadup to Nationals and her double axels looked fine to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123