Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that. My girl is 18, and I know she won't be with me forever -- just thinking about losing her is enough to bring me to tears, so I can imagine how devastated you must be.

*hugs*

vCash
    In heaven, the kitties and doggies play together and get along famously. My beloved Trouser is happy to show your kitty the best spots in heaven. (((Holly)))

vCash
    Sorry for your loss

vCash
    (((Holley))) I am so so sorry. Thinking of you.

vCash
    So sorry to hear about Bandit. I remember that photo you took of him. Such a lovely cat. Thinking of you.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Oh Holley. I'm so sorry. I'm sure that he knew how much he was loved.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    My thoughts to you on the loss of your friend. I had to put my oldest kitty to sleep a year ago and still forget and wait for her to come to the door sometimes. They are truly all about love and bring so much happiness to our lives, of course there is a big level of grief.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Oh, Holley. Your relationship sounds like the one I was blessed to have. My baby went suddenly last year. I still cry my heart out for him. God bless.

{{{Holley}}}

-Bridget

Re-registered User
    vCash
    So sorry Holley. I've only ever had one cat- 25 years ago. It broke my heart when he died.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    (((((Holley))))))
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Sending hugs (((Holley))) I am so sorry to hear of the loss of you beloved Bandit....

vCash
    Holley -- Bandit sounds like a wonderful kitty. I'm so sorry. I hope you have some wonderful pictures of Bandit -- I'm sure Bandit thought you and Richard were just as wonderful. Hugs..... (The year after she died, we planted a beautiful tree near where our dear kitty is buried, and seeing it gives me real comfort.)

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Thanks again to everyone. You have all helped get me through this terrible day. You are all so special and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I have a whole fat envelope of photos of Bandit, starting with the one we took the morning after we recued him from 12 degree weather. He had been abandoned as an 11 week old. He was a pistol from the start, and so incredibly loving. He was just so expressive. And he loved strangers. Especially men! When a guy would come to the house and sit down, Bandit would be on his lap in a flash.

I do have many pictures and many stories about the little guy. I am thinking about making a cartoon/children's story book for my two grandsons, telling family history stories about our family members when they were children. I am going to devote a little story to Bandit!

Thank you again, everyone. I wish I could give each of you rep, but the system won't let me do it all in one day.

vCash
    Holley, I'm so sorry. I lost my elderly Golden Retriever last year after a long illness, and I found that our bond grew even stronger during that extra time we had together. I imagine it would have been the same for you and Bandit. Kudos to you for everything you did, in keeping him going all this time. ((((Holley))))

vCash
    I'm so sorry to hear that In 2009 I lost both my dog and cat that I'd had since I was about 10 and it was devastating. Bandit was lucky to have you.

vCash
    Hugs.

vCash
    Aww. I am so, so sorry.

I love kitties so much, and reading this thread makes me want to cry. At least he's somewhere where there is no more pain - only an abundance of cat nip and amazing places to take naps.

Your kitty looks like such a sweet little boy, I love him (as weird as that sounds, I love all cats. Seriously).

vCash
    (((((Holley)))))) sorry for your loss.

vCash
    (((Holley))) So sorry for your loss. And the picture is beautiful. He looks like a happy cat in that shot.

My first cat, Patches, died at 13 also. She had chronic renal failure that suddenly got worse, and so I had to put her down. I made a picture collage of shots of her that I had and had it printed and framed and it still hangs in my room, almost 8 years later. After about 6 months, I adopted my second cat, Callie. Callie was born a few months before Patches died, so I have a sense of continuity. Anyway, as you said, if it's meant to be, you'll find another cat when you are ready.

Quadless
    vCash
    Holley, I'm so sorry that you lost your beloved Bandit. He was a beautiful boy.

I lost one of my best buds several years ago, and he too suffered from IBS (or Kitty Crohn's as I used to call it), so I can relate. Like you, I found it very comforting to pour over photos and remember my guy in better days.

RIP Bandit, and ((((((hugs)))))) to you and your husband as your mourn your loss.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast