Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Heartfelt sympathy

I have been through this too and understand. They give their love so unconditionally. We are much better for having known them and it keeps them forever in our hearts.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Sending warm thoughts of understanding to you, Holley.

I have had several special feline companions who would have been part of the "welcoming party" for Bandit.

My current special boy came from the Humane Society at about 9 months of age just after I returned from the Helsinki Worlds of 1999. He was diagnosed with mitral insuffiency last year and very recently with hyperthyroidism. Sadly, I know his time with me will likely be shorter than his predecessor.

We love our pets as family members and we mourn their loss. Some may not understand this attachment - it's their loss.
    Can't skate but love to watch

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Victorskid, I will hold you and your sweet baby in my thoughts and prayers. Bandit shouldn't have lived longer than a few months after he was diagnosed with IBD, according to the vet, considering his state at that time. But he lived another 2 years and about 6 months! And he enjoyed it, too. You just never know. With all the love you are giving him, you might be surprised. Those 9 lives and all....

Hugs to you too.

vCash
    Holley, You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers. It is hard to lose someone you love, and it sounds like you both loved Bandit. I'm glad you have lots of pictures of him. His charm showed in the one you linked.

vCash
    I had to put my 15.5-year-old cat to sleep last summer. He had kidney failure. He was with me a huge chunk of my life. I was on Petfinder the next day, and I'm sitting here with my newest little scamp, who brings me so much joy. Saving a life is the greatest thing you can do to honor a deceased pet. I have four rescued pets in my house right now (two cats, two rabbits). Good pet parents should always get another pet, and I'm sure you were the best.

vCash
    It is hard to lose old friends. Just remember the heart is large and a new kitty is an addition not a replacement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Just need some hugs from my FSU friends. We had to put my 13 year old cat Bandit to sleep this morning. It was definitely time. He has had Inflammatory Bowel Disease for almost 3 years, and we've done a great job managing it, he and I. However, since October he had started going down. I knew the end was near, but you are just never ready for it. I am, to put it bluntly, grieving my heart out. He was my best friend, my constant companion, and one of the sweetest souls I ever met, human or non-human.

Here's to you, my beautiful Bandit. Thank you for all the love. I hope I see you again someday, in whatever kind of heaven there may be, because I do believe in it.
    The most beautiful thing about cats is that they do not really need people and can live in their own world. When they love you they do it by choice not because it is necessary for survival. When they follow you, sleep with you and are constantly at your side you have a true love.
    Morry Stillwell

vCash
    So sorry for your loss, Holley. Beautiful Bandit is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. I just know it.

Morry's quote is lovely. Can't think of a better way to describe the special relationship between cats and the humans they own. I'll admit it...I'm owned.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry Stillwell View Post
    The most beautiful thing about cats is that they do not really need people and can live in their own world. When they love you they do it by choice not because it is necessary for survival. When they follow you, sleep with you and are constantly at your side you have a true love.
    Then, I have just lost my true love. But, I know I will be with him again, some day. I have felt pretty peaceful today. Some tears, but I feel he is near and a happy boy again. Thank you everyone once more. You have all made this awful process so much better. Sweeter. All of you have such lovely thoughts and feelings. I am so glad you wrote to me. Blessings to you all.

vCash
    So sorry for your loss.

vCash
    Just saw your original post. Sending my deepest condolences. Losing a beloved pet is one the hardest things to face.

vCash
    I'm sorry for your loss. It's always hard when we lose our furry friends.

vCash
    Holley,

My deepest condolences. It must have been so hard for you to put your beloved kitty to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Just need some hugs from my FSU friends. We had to put my 13 year old cat Bandit to sleep this morning. It was definitely time. He has had Inflammatory Bowel Disease for almost 3 years, and we've done a great job managing it, he and I. However, since October he had started going down. I knew the end was near, but you are just never ready for it. I am, to put it bluntly, grieving my heart out. He was my best friend, my constant companion, and one of the sweetest souls I ever met, human or non-human.

Here's to you, my beautiful Bandit. Thank you for all the love. I hope I see you again someday, in whatever kind of heaven there may be, because I do believe in it.
    The most moving post I've ever read at FSU. I'm sitting here crying for you, Holley.

vCash
    I'm so sorry Holley. I still feel the pain from the loss of a pet back in 2006, and I dread the day I have to say goodbye to our current pets... it's so hard. I always say that pets have a way of stealing your heart... and then breaking it when they depart!

Big hugs for you, and hang in there.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234