Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vodkashot View Post
    Ugh, I agree. I wonder if the bots who made those stupid videos actually think that anyone would believe what they say?

But then again, that's why I love this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnsgeAv-3z8
    Anyone familiar with my posts knows I LOVE Stephane, but I have to admit that these joke videos are pretty funny. First, the assertion that he can't spin and then the line, "Please stop telling a lie, S." Absurdist comedy is so , but then again, I do have a pretty strange sense of humor.

Oh, to be in a room with the people who make all these videos. . . .

vCash
    Watching Canadians yesterday, I was reminded of Shawn Sawyer's style and thought Grant Hochstein really resembles him. I'm sure some of it is just their similar coloring and physique, but they also skate similarly, IMO.

vCash
    I was also watching Canadians yesterday and Paul/Islam....If Tessa decide stop skating Scot can team up with Alexandra and no one will notice the diference.

They are great skaters but they are toooo much like V/M, its kind of strange.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by L'amour View Post
    I was also watching Canadians yesterday and Paul/Islam....If Tessa decide stop skating Scot can team up with Alexandra and no one will notice the diference..
    Maybe this is the plan?
    I dont think Mitch have something common with Scott, but Alexandra sure look, like Tessa.
    This is young team, they need to find there own style

vCash
    ^
    In the Skate Canada exhibition, they skated a number much like V/M's Jack and Diane, with Mitch wearing jeans and a white T-shirt. It was almost scary to see the parallels. I hope he uses a different costume for the gala tonight.

Alexandra and Mitch are great skaters and deserve to be judged on their own qualities. Next year, I hope they avoid any costuming or choreography that will be too reminiscent of V/M.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    ^
    In the Skate Canada exhibition, they skated a number much like V/M's Jack and Diane, with Mitch wearing jeans and a white T-shirt. It was almost scary to see the parallels. I hope he uses a different costume for the gala tonight.

Alexandra and Mitch are great skaters and deserve to be judged on their own qualities. Next year, I hope they avoid any costuming or choreography that will be too reminiscent of V/M.
    PJ Kwong said Debruel-Luazone are made this FD for them. Hope next season they will use choreo from someone out of Canada.
    At Natioanls one team even was at T-S Mahler costumes- really scary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I think the style of many of the Russian male singles skaters is similar. I think the reason Yagudin became so much more popular (at least it seems that way among American fans) is because he is so much more hotter than the others.
    Yagudin more attractive than other Russian skaters?? LOL!!!!!!!! That´s really funny! Did American fans ever see Urmanov, Kulik or Abt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    Yagudin more attractive than other Russian skaters?? LOL!!!!!!!! That´s really funny! Did American fans ever see Urmanov, Kulik or Abt?
    To each his/her own.
    Personally, I never got the gaga-ness over Yagudin's looks.

vCash
    I think they are all very good looking........with the exception of a couple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    To each his/her own.
    Personally, I never got the gaga-ness over Yagudin's looks.
    The guy has a certain sex appeal.

His face isn't handsome though imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post

I can see why some would like him. Never did anything for me on that level, though, other than his amazing skating! Few could match him.

vCash

All Russian skaters had sex-appeal in my opinion. But I think only Urmanov Kulik and Abt were truly handsome.

vCash
    All Russian skaters had sex-appeal in my opinion. But I think only Urmanov Kulik and Abt were truly handsome.
    I agree.

Esp. Urmanov. Yum!

vCash
    I agree.

Esp. Urmanov. Yum!
    Urmanov's chicken legs killed the for me. His face was handsome but hot? No.

vCash
    Absolutely 100% agree with this. Plushenko is pretty, Yagudin and Abt are handsome, but Kulik is beautiful, and if he weren't off the market I'd be in California in a heartbeat and dragging him back home!

vCash
    Getting back to style-stealing, I've been attending Nationals in Greensboro, and last night at the Jr. Ladies short, a young lady by the name of Courtney Hicks was wearing a costume identical to one of Sasha Cohen's (purple dress with an orange hem) while she skated to "Dark Eyes". Oh, and her coach is John Nicks. She skated clean, so I expect that she'll botch a jump in her free skate tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8junkie View Post
    young lady by the name of Courtney Hicks was wearing a costume identical to one of Sasha Cohen's (purple dress with an orange hem)
    It's literally the same one.

From Ice Network:

"Mr. Nicks didn't like the other dress [I chose], so he asked Sasha if I could use one of hers, and she picked this one," Hicks said.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Wow. I recognized it as being identical, but I would have never guessed it was the exact same one! Thanks - now I'm almost scared to see what she's going to wear tomorrow!

(And P.S., She really doesn't hit her highlight positions nearly as well as Sasha, but still, I had a really hard time seeing past the costume and music choices enough to pay close attention to her actual skating.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    This one really bugs me, because both of Paul/Islam's programs this year seem like copycats of Virtue/Moir's, especially the FD.
    Alexandra definitely reminds me of Tessa ( which has a lot to do with both having extensive ballet training), and I know many others have mention how this FD resemble Mahler, but I don't see it. I certainly see the influence of D&L, but I still see an attempt to find their own style. according to PJ ( during the Bold coverage of the FD this wkd), P&I acknowledge these comparisons, but want to find their own style, and Alex recognizes that this will take time. I can tell they really like their FD, and I particularly like how Mitch captures some of Bogie's spirit. It will be interesting to see how this team progresses...saw their free program live at SC and what enormous potential!

Btw, i heard marie- france design some of her own costumes ( and her mom made her gorgeous Somewhere in Time dress)--does anyone know if MF also designs for other skaters?

vCash
    I think that a change in costume style could help Paul/Islam differentiate themselves. Her dresses remind me of Tessa's...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast