Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    I don't know much of the Galindo/Weir wars but for most other skaters I don't think it's a case of lifting or stealing another skaters style but more of admiring another skater and subliminally imitating them to an exaggerated extent. Susanna Poikyo comes to mind - she wasn't known as Eurokwan for nothing. Infact the picture on the front page of FSU which is often thought to be Kwan is actually Poikyo!
    Wait, thats Poykio? I've been thinking this was Kwan for years! I've always thought Poykio and Kwan were similar in style, though.

Buttle and Brezina have a similar style as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    A while back I remember seeing that according to some very sketchy youtube videos, apparently every competitor of Yu-Na Kim ripped off the way she bows at the end of her programs, even Joannie Rochette at the 2002 Jr. Worlds before anyone even knew who Yu-Na was.
    I myself remember seeing this old gem on Youtube about how Josée Chouinard copied Yu-Na's "Yu-Na camel" spin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclare View Post
    I am trying to figure out if that was a snarky mean spirited remark or if you are just one of those fans who honestly admits to only watching the final Yuna, I mean final few skaters in the last group.
    The two are not mutually exclusive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vodkashot View Post
    I myself remember seeing this old gem on Youtube about how Josée Chouinard copied Yu-Na's "Yu-Na camel" spin.
    This intoxicated troll crawl out of the cave again. Stop your malicious and outright lie. Else, provide the link.

vCash
    I remember a while back that people accused Mirai of stealing Yuna's style (ina bauer into double axel, etc)... But whatever, what do you expect from people on youtube?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    This intoxicated troll crawl out of the cave again. Stop your malicious and outright lie. Else, provide the link.
    I can't tell if either of you believe that Josee copied Yuna but of course that isn't true. Josee is the 1st skater I ever saw do it but I can't imagine why anyone would copy it. It is so ugly IMO that I guess people only do it to be different. Although how different are you when copying someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    I remember a while back that people accused Mirai of stealing Yuna's style (ina bauer into double axel, etc)... But whatever, what do you expect from people on youtube?
    Exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    Wait, thats Poykio? I've been thinking this was Kwan for years! I've always thought Poykio and Kwan were similar in style, though.

Buttle and Brezina have a similar style as well.
    I agree about Kwan and Poykio.

As for Buttle and Brezina, I think they look a lot alike, but their skating styles are quite different.

At times, Verner reminds me of Kulik.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtherlore View Post
    The video was removed from Youtube over a few months ago. Thank goodness for that, because it was a sad waste of bandwith.

PS. Hey, you forgot to accuse me of being Japanese along with your usual ad hominem attacks! I suppose keeping standards low is a daily battle.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Another waste of youtube bandwidth included--that whole plastic surgery thing that apparently everyone needed to know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I can't tell if either of you believe that Josee copied Yuna but of course that isn't true. Josee is the 1st skater I ever saw do it but I can't imagine why anyone would copy it. It is so ugly IMO that I guess people only do it to be different. Although how different are you when copying someone else.
    You probably have to blame that one on her Canadian coaches and choreograhers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    You probably have to blame that one on her Canadian coaches and choreograhers.
    I thought she did it before she moved to B.O.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whoa View Post
    Sorry, OT, but what is the music to Polina's SP? It's on the tip of my tongue and I definitely know it, but cannot articulate it for the life of me.
    The Russian Dance from Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake. Rosalynn Sumners had a very nice pro program to this music back in the 1980s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvUyHdFdh4

vCash
    I'm a little surprised that this hasn't been brought up already, as it's from this season, but I guess so few people care about Sasha Abt nowadays...

Adam Rippon's 2010-2011 Long Program

vs

Alexander Abt's 2001-2002 Long Program

Obviously I'm not going to get irky about music, but those costumes look awfully similar. Not sorry to say, Adam, but Sasha did it LOADS better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallcolor View Post
    Another waste of youtube bandwidth included--that whole plastic surgery thing that apparently everyone needed to know
    Ugh, I agree. I wonder if the bots who made those stupid videos actually think that anyone would believe what they say?

But then again, that's why I love this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnsgeAv-3z8

vCash
    Wow. I had no idea that Chouinard could travel back and forth in time. awesome.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Josee must have a DeLorean with a Flux Capacitor.

-Bridget

vCash
    Ugh, I agree. I wonder if the bots who made those stupid videos actually think that anyone would believe what they say?

But then again, that's why I love this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnsgeAv-3z8
    at "Even a girl can do a 3A" Hilarious video!!

But I have to say if those jumpface shots show Lambiel as the Plastic Surgery Prince, then Jeremy Abbott's must make him the King.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    : Infact the picture on the front page of FSU which is often thought to be Kwan is actually Poikyo!
    That's I had no idea.

vCash
    As far as I'm concerned, all skaters can be placed into a certain bracket.

It's not a matter of imitating, it's merely one's natural style.

What makes a skater stand out is the fact that they can not be bracketed, or can be put in a dozen brackets. i.e Lambiel who could be seen as balletic/Showman/Storyteller/Strong/Soft.

Galindo and Weir both failed at the alter of John Curry

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast