Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    And Kristiina Wegelius was Eurohamill. I guess it had to do with Fassi being the coach of both of them. As has been said here before Julie Lynn Holmes was Peggy Fleming II.

An Old Sports Illustrated article I saw many years ago, talked about something like that. Janet Lynn's coach accused Julie Lynn Holmes of stealing Janet's hand positions.

Also, some coaches are like Mike Brady in the Brady Bunch Movie. I'm talking about the part where he keeps designing buildings for companies that look exactly like the Brady home. The coaches have a signature style, and put each different skater in the same mold. You could almost always tell who was a Fassi girl, or a Heiss Jenkins girl.
    Last edited by DarrellH; 01-21-2011 at 05:15 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertango View Post
    Wheee ! That is the one I was going to post !
    Skandal !
    G&P were so brilliant, and G&G so slow, painful to watch, what a miserable performance by comparison !

vCash
    I don't think it's necessarily fair to blame a skater for ripping off a style when it's usually the fault of a coach or choreographer.

Also, when skating to something like Carmen, there is really only one direction to go to with costumes and choreography.

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    An Old Sports Illustrated article I saw many years ago, talked about something like that. Janet Lynn's coach accused Julie Lynn Holmes of stealing Janet's hand positions.

Also, some coaches are like Mike Brady in the Brady Bunch Movie. I'm talking about the part where he keeps designing buildings for companies that look exactly like the Brady home. The coaches have a signature style, and put each different skater in the same mold. You could almost always tell who was a Fassi girl, or a Heiss Jenkins girl.
    Well Jutta Muller easily tops Fassi or Heiss Jenkins for moulding. Sonja Morgenstern, Anett Poetszch, Constance Genzel, Witt of course, Marion Weber, Simone Lang, Karin Hendscke, Evelyn Grossmann. They were like reincarnations of each other complete with hand me down costumes and music cuts

Stanislav Zhuk also turned his hand to cloning skaters with Cherkasova & Shakhrai, Pestova & Leonovich, Pershina & Akbarov and even the early G&G. The reason those fours exhibitions that the soviet pairs used to do are so incredible is because they had identical technique and style.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pumba View Post
    Seems like B/K or Morozov were also impressed with G/P when making their outfits for the 2003 FD.
    I also find them being influenced by F-P/M 2000-2001 FD costumes.
    Yeah, I forgot about that.. Shae Lynn looked like a Pasha twin in '03.

vCash
    so what- a lot of skaters ripped off michelle moves, like sasha did some of michelle moves made a bit stiffer.
    it goes with the territory. why--not much can be done about skating , jumps, positions are about alike.
    cop is all about ripping off other skaters, moves, styles, music etc.
    it is just a continuance of the previous skaters. nothing is new.
    how much bending, moves can a person do without hurting himself/herself.
    so this thread is pointless.
    biellman spin, rip off of who, jumps rip off of who, hand postions, smiles,
    everything you can go way back and see who they copied/ripped off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I don't think it's necessarily fair to blame a skater for ripping off a style when it's usually the fault of a coach or choreographer.
    I agree. The coach has a lot to do with and skaters generally do what the coach tells them.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I think the style of many of the Russian male singles skaters is similar. I think the reason Yagudin became so much more popular (at least it seems that way among American fans) is because he is so much more hotter than the others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I think the style of many of the Russian male singles skaters is similar. I think the reason Yagudin became so much more popular (at least it seems that way among American fans) is because he is so much more hotter than the others.
    Yeah, IMO Yagudin is a lot more attractive than Plushenko. Plushenko's nose is way too huge

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    A while back I remember seeing that according to some very sketchy youtube videos, apparently every competitor of Yu-Na Kim ripped off the way she bows at the end of her programs, even Joannie Rochette at the 2002 Jr. Worlds before anyone even knew who Yu-Na was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Plushenko's nose is way too huge
    yeap, the plunose cannot be ripped off by any skater for sure

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Chait/Sakhovski's Bolero FD & Torvill/Dean's...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    A while back I remember seeing that according to some very sketchy youtube videos, apparently every competitor of Yu-Na Kim ripped off the way she bows at the end of her programs, even Joannie Rochette at the 2002 Jr. Worlds before anyone even knew who Yu-Na was.
    I think I saw the video clip, but I remember it quite differently. I thought it was trivial and rather silly too, but I recall no reference to Joannie emulating anybody.
    Last edited by lowtherlore; 01-22-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    And to add to the Torvill/Dean copying i posted before- I remember Sandra Bezic claiming that G/P were copying many of B/B's moves in 1988 and the purple costumes reminiscent of Torvill/Dean in '84, tho i thought it was a bit of a stretch.

vCash
    Sorry, OT, but what is the music to Polina's SP? It's on the tip of my tongue and I definitely know it, but cannot articulate it for the life of me.

Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Polina Korobeinikova is quite the Alissa Czisny clone. It's really rather how much alike they look and skate.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LenaElik...14/VGuwz6z_z8s

vCash
    C/S Bolero
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Ij7g-Qy8c
    Dick Button's comentary were just right on the spot ,OK maybe a little too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertango View Post

I forgot about this one. I agree that is very hard to find and create something original and don't mind interpretations and variations when they are done well or even better .Unfortunately ,it happenes very often.Even Olympic Champions Navka/Kostomarov did repetedly skate to some great programs .They did good but i still prefer the originals:
    Bolero
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNlD4bELFvQ
    The feeling begins
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV87-v4EuVM
    While i don't mind the first two and their Carmen FD, my first reaction after watching their Olympic EX was to pull someone's hair for turning Missing into Savage Rite
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu0uN-drwgc
    Last edited by vivika1982; 01-22-2011 at 06:19 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I do remember seeing a video claiming that Mao Asada changed her ending bow to one similar to Yuna's, but didn't really care to pay attention to ending bow of a skater who places 8th in GP events.
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 01-22-2011 at 07:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    I do remember seeing a video claiming that Mao Asada changed her ending bow to one similar to Yuna's, but didn't really care to pay attention to ending bow of a skater who places 8th in GP events.
    I am trying to figure out if that was a snarky mean spirited remark or if you are just one of those fans who honestly admits to only watching the final Yuna, I mean final few skaters in the last group.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vivika1982 View Post
    I forgot about this one.
    Maybe because like me you tried to erase those 4 min out of your mind

Not a rip off but I have to say that last year when Weaver & Poje skated their flamenco with the fan I couldn't help thinking that Pechalat & Bourzat's program was so much better!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast