Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Wherever the beautiful and artistic male skaters are! :-D
    vCash
    While watching the live stream for the Swedish Nationals last month, a junior skater named Anton Marberg wore an outfit which looked EXACTLY the same as Verner's 2008/2009 Tango costume. No joke! That young man might have raided the Tomas' closet for all I know. For a split second, I actually thought it was Verner who was on the ice! I was like, "What the hell is Tomas doing at a Swedish competition???"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by newbatgirl View Post
    Very common. Sasha herself borrowed dresses from Jenni Meno. Also, I think the Canadian pairs skaters shared dresses last year.

Hey, not everyone can afford their own custom made Vera Wang!
    Very common, yes!

At a JGP in Norway, one of the Russian pairs were wearing Totmianina & Marinin's old Edward Grieg SP costumes, complete with leafs and everything. I thought it was really cute

vCash
    Scott Hamilton said Christina Gao reminded him of Yu Na Kim during her LP at nationsals, especially the way she "opened with a 3f-3t like THAT"

But overall, I think Christina is maybe trying to emulate Yuna a little too much. I am a Gao uber, but to me, her SP this year is trying to be like Yuna's Tango de Roxane with the arm movements, black dress, facial expressions and her FS is trying to be like Yuna's Lark Ascending with the similar dress style, arm movements, type of music, choreo, and jump layout. She pulls it off quite well and her similarities to Yuna - jumping ability, physique, style - are hard to ignore, but next season I'd like to see her truly develop her own style a little more. I think it might get her farther in the long run, although maybe Orser/Wilson is to blame for her Yuna-ish image.

Risa Shoji has many similarities to Shizuka Arakawa, but I think she also has her own unique style that comes through. She is a lot like Shizuka without being a Shizuka clone/knockoff.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    OMG . . . Watch Viktor Petrenko's 1992 Olympic LP and Ryan Bradley's 2011 Nationals LP. Ryan totally ripped off Viktor . . . No joke . . . yet hilarious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    OMG . . . Watch Viktor Petrenko's 1992 Olympic LP and Ryan Bradley's 2011 Nationals LP. Ryan totally ripped off Viktor . . . No joke . . . yet hilarious
    VP
    RB

Not sure what you saw, But I don't see it.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    VP
    RB

Not sure what you saw, But I don't see it.
    The wrist flicking, non-skating leg movements, and pose striking.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567