View Poll Results: How will the USFSA handle the Johnny-Reader's Choice Trophy situation?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Johnny gets trophy in person, during the Exhib or in-between a competitive session of Nationals

54 72.00%
  • Johnny gets trophy...in a special ceremony at Art Devlin's, in Lake Placid, the week before Natls

6 8.00%
  • USFSA announces mistake in counting votes; the award will really go to Evan at the Exhib

9 12.00%
  • The trophy will be mysteriously "lost" and cannot be awarded. Sorry, Johnny!

6 8.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Arrow Johnny at Nationals 2011, Getting Trophy - What Will Happen?

Fact: Johnny Weir is the USFSA Skating Magazine's Reader's Favorite skater for 2010.

Fact: The trophy has to be given. It cannot be taken back (we think).

Fact: USFSA had, a while back, announced that it's Reader's Choice trophy would be presented to the selected skater during the 2011 Nationals in Greensboro.

Unknown: Will Johnny's book and 'attitude' about the USFSA have an effect on whether or not the presentation ceremony happens? What will happen?

Vote for your guess on what will happen. I am still hoping that he gets the trophy at Nationals, so I voted #1.
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 01-20-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I had to pick the third option.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Was Johnny's book *that* damaging to the USFS that they would consider not giving him the award, or not giving it to him in public? Sure, he said some not very nice things, but he certainly isn't the first skater (in the US or elsewhere) to publicly diss their federation. I am sure that USFS knows he didn't get along with them, so I can't see his remarks being that damaging that they would want to get back at him through the award.

It would also be a publicity disaster for USFS to cancel the award or the award ceremony, and I can't see them being foolish enough to risk that.

The bigger question might be, will Johnny show up for the ceremony, and if so how he will act in the ceremony (or dress for it ) if he truly is that mad at USFS or wants to make some kind of statement about how they allegedly treated him.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Purple and Michelle Kwan, obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    :
    The bigger question might be, will Johnny show up for the ceremony, and if so how he will act in the ceremony (or dress for it ) if he truly is that mad at USFS or wants to make some kind of statement about how they allegedly treated him.
    Again, Johnny wouldn't think of not showing up. That award was earned as a result of his fans. Bypassing it would be dissing his fans. He'll be there. If he's not, it's not because he doesn't want to be there.

vCash
    Frau Muller, you keep bringing this up, but as far as I can see you're the only one who has any doubts on the subject. Why not just relax and expect that everything will go fine and he'll get the trophy? Awards typically aren't withdrawn just because someone writes a book.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    It's a bit Priscilla (Queen of the Dessert, not Priscilla Hill), but I'd love him to arrive atop his touring bus (driven onto the ice naturally) sitting on a big silver stiletto throwing glitter to the audience, before being carried down by a cherry picker operated by the president of the USFSA to collect the award.

vCash
    That would be classic!

vCash
    I'm the only one who voted for the trophy being mysteriously lost?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Purple and Michelle Kwan, obviously.
    Well it *is* the Michelle Kwan trophy. I don't see purple winning this one though

vCash
    Is there another option - the ceremony goes ahead as planned, Johnny receives the trophy, but years later Johnny will reveal that the people presenting the awards all took turns to spit on him before he went out and would later go on to find his dog and kick it, and that's why him receiving the trophy was really a way of holding him back and being critical

Ant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Frau Muller, you keep bringing this up,.....
    Ooooo...because it is delicious speculation.

Essence of Soy, I love-love-love the idea of Johnny showing up in his touring bus. He absolutely must wear a hot-pink boa, to stand-out from the USFSA officials who undoubtedly will be wearing their standard-issue navy blazers,maroon ties, khaki pants and brown loafers.

vCash
    lmao at option 2.. I guess they'll have to give him a trophy but maybe they'll skip the ceremony

vCash
    I think Johnny will be front and center. USFSA is using him in their TV ads for nationals. They passed over Rachael and Mirai.

vCash
    I think the presentation of the award has always been very lowkey. As far as I remember it's the editor of Skating magazine saying a few words and presenting the award in the kiss & cry. There's no big ceremony.

vCash
    I had to pick the second choice which makes me only because I know that its not true.

vCash
    Just a few days before Johnny picks up his trophy! Be there or be square!!!

vCash
    Apparently, Johnny is not in Greensboro...at least not yet. During last night's Sr Men's SPs, he Tweeted that he was enjoying watching the coverage from home, in his undies (ha!), & wished all competitors well.

So...what's going on? Maybe Johnny will be flown to Greensboro in "photo-finish style" to pick-up his Reader's Choice Trophy tomorrow? Did the big tour bus get a flat tire?

vCash
    Johnny just sent this tweet:

Landed in Greensboro. Going with @EricAltSalons to meet @tmodlin for some southern cooking.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    Johnny just sent this tweet:
    Hoorah!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast