Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash

hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    She needs to find a new designer who can help make her look less like the walking dead.
    One would think a designer would design herself the best looking dress of the evening. Maybe she's running out of ideas. The color doesn't suit her. And she looks so thin - has she always been that way? However, she does a fine job with figure skaters. Kwan looks fantastic.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qUfXSg2KYM

Michelle appeared at 0.43

Yes definitely the best dress on the day! Also the much needed burst of glamour and youthful vibrancy as well.

Michelle is easily amongst the best rep of American/Chinese success in the world scene, lots of ops for her in diplomatic relations if she put her heart to it. (making President Hu laugh works in her favour already, doubt even Obama could do that)

Surprised how loud the heckling were from the white house.

vCash
    B.D Wong (Law & Order SVU) was there as well and he brought his mom!

Talk about racking up "son points" for years by taking your mom to the White House for a state dinner.

I think if I were ever invited to a state dinner, I'd bring my mom too! She would talk about it for the rest of her life!!!

vCash
    Michelle looks GORGEOUS. I love the dress.

Apparently her dress earned quite the buzz from readers:

http://live.washingtonpost.com/relia...nd-gossip.html
    Last edited by IceJunkie; 01-21-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qUfXSg2KYM

Michelle appeared at 0.43

Yes definitely the best dress on the day! Also the much needed burst of glamour and youthful vibrancy as well.

Michelle is easily amongst the best rep of American/Chinese success in the world scene, lots of ops for her in diplomatic relations if she put her heart to it. (making President Hu laugh works in her favour already, doubt even Obama could do that)

Surprised how loud the heckling were from the white house.
    Is that Michelle Obama standing in her sleeveless Alexander McQueen outside in the middle of January in DC??? That's cruel and unusual.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I can't eat (and never order) lobster. The thought of a poor lobster squealing to death in boiling water--for my benefit--is too much for me.

vCash
    Michelle looks STUNNING!

vCash
    Thanks for the photo! Kween looks awesome! I was wondering if she was invited to the banquet when watching the news on TV yesterday.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Speculation that Hu Jintao is not the only one dyeing his hair:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thetic...yeing-his-hair
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Are they also speculating if he used some sort of bronzer as well?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Are they also speculating if he used some sort of bronzer as well?
    Hmm, not sure where this came from, sounds a bit defensive.

If Hu Jintao is fair game for such speculations, why not Obama? I think he looks fine either way, perhaps grey is better look for a politician in this culture but no big deal.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I don't blame them for wanting to dye their hair. People do it all the time.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I don't blame them for wanting to dye their hair. People do it all the time.
    I am trying to figure out if in Chinese culture it's more desirable to have dark hair because here a politician with gray hair is actually a plus, implying maturity and experience.

And yeah, nothing's wrong with it. I've been putting in highlights for years and am now hiding the encroaching grays as well.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    She is amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Hmm, not sure where this came from, sounds a bit defensive.
    It was just my observation after seeing the two photos that were in your link. In the p.m. photo everything, including his skin tone, is much darker than in the one from that morning, so I wondered if they were also speculating on the reason for that difference.
    If Hu Jintao is fair game for such speculations, why not Obama?
    I guess I don't see why there is a need to care whether any chief of state colors his/her hair. Unless they are attempting to cover up signs of some sort of physical illness that could affect their job performance, it seems rather silly.
    I think he looks fine either way, perhaps grey is better look for a politician in this culture but no big deal.
    I don't think it's any big deal either. But then I discovered my first gray hair two weeks after my 25th birthday.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    It was just my observation after seeing the two photos that were in your link. In the p.m. photo everything, including his skin tone, is much darker than in the one from that morning, so I wondered if they were also speculating on the reason for that difference.
    I didn't notice the skin, was concentrating on the hair and so was the article.
    I guess I don't see why there is a need to care whether any chief of state colors his/her hair.
    Just like with any famous person, there is interest to such details.
    Unless they are attempting to cover up signs of some sort of physical illness that could affect their job performance, it seems rather silly.
    I've been highlighting my hair for many years and so am interested in the subject.
    I don't think it's any big deal either. But then I discovered my first gray hair two weeks after my 25th birthday.
    Yes, they showed up shortly after my 25th birthday, one or two and then more and more but really came in force after I had Mini Ice. Thank goodness for Clairol's Touch Up.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Michelle looked FABULOUS but someone pointed out to me that strap thing that's holding up her boobs. Now I can't stop looking at it. D:

vCash
    Somehow it always comes back to her tatas.

Just saw Anna Wintour's dress. MK may have been dressed as a single gal ready to mingle, but Ms. Wintour looked...erm, not like one would expect a Vogue fashion editor to be dressed at a State dinner.

vCash
    Anna wore her dress a month before the state dinner. According to that poll 60% thought her dress was also too short (michelle's was about the same length if not, shorter).
    http://www.styleite.com/media/anna-w...e-dinner-cfda/

vCash
    IMO Chanel is hit or miss. I've seen a lot of Chanel that is hideous like this one. It's not the length but the dress that is all wrong. It looks like a day dress.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast