Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I missed John Zimmerman. They need another pair team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stogba View Post
    I enjoyed it . Definite improvement over the past years shows that showed more of prior shows than the one they were promoting. I always attend the SOI shows when they come to St Louis but they are not coming this year. I would have definitely bought tickets after what I saw today.
    This. It's still not up to the level of the glory days of SOI but IMO it's an improvement over last years tour which looked more like a continuation of COI. At least Renee Roca managed to get some of the creativity back into the tour; that was evident in particular in a couple of the group numbers (the clown piece and the 50's looking piece that we saw clips of).

I also think that some of the cold spots were better than those from last year. I actually liked Evan, Katia (I liked her program better than I thought I would after reading a couple of the SOI reviews from last Thanksgiving weekend), S&P and I liked B&A's number.

I thought NBC was just going to show pieces from last year in between talking up this years tour or another retrospective so I almost blew off watching. I'm glad I didn't.

I usually can watch Sasha skate to anything but didn't care for her new number; yet another GFB.

vCash
    Don't worry Carmen, I liked B&A's too. I also liked Kurt, Todd and Sasha and I don't like clowns. Too bad we didn't get to see all performances.

vCash
    Finally got to see Tanith & Ben's number and I really, really enjoyed it.

I'm sooooo thrilled that they've cut back on the perk as pros. 'If It Kills Me' is my least fave program of theirs since they retired from eligible skating.

vCash
    I've gone to Stars on Ice in Denver every year since 1992 and they aren't coming here this year either. Major bummer! Glad I could see a little of it on TV but still doesn't make up for not getting to see my favorite ice show in person! I hope the economy improves and skating can bring in an audience again soon AND I hope that SOI can survive through this.

vCash
    Love this year's special, it's a GREAT excerption of the show, I enjoyed the whole cast and every single program, but Evan and Katia are the absolute highlights for me! Will definitely see it live again.

vCash
    I loved the Stars on Ice Special! I am so glad that I will get to see the show live. Stars on Ice has not come to my state in many years. Therefore, I will again have to travel over ten hours to see the show. However, it is well worth the time and expense.

vCash
    Seems like a Latin theme this year, judging by the progams they showed on NBC: Gordeeva, B/A, Rochette, Lysacek all skated to Latin music. I actually liked S/P's routine, even though I never liked them.

vCash
    I like "If it Kill's Me" but I have it in the same category as the "Hip Hop" routine. It was fun to see a couple times when I hadn't seen it before but it's definitely not going to go onto my rewind and watch over and over again list.

vCash

Question SOI discount code/coupon

Do you know where I can get discount code for SOI? Last year there was a coupon in the Entertainment book for 50% off or something. I don't think it is there this year. Any suggestions where to get some great discount to SOI? Thanks..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luviskate View Post
    Do you know where I can get discount code for SOI? Last year there was a coupon in the Entertainment book for 50% off or something. I don't think it is there this year. Any suggestions where to get some great discount to SOI? Thanks..
    As far as I know these are all discounts
    http://www.starsonice.com/?content=d...and_promotions
    Also if you could buy your ticket in person @the venue it's much cheaper. Ticketmaster charges up to 40% in additional fees.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12