Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash

Evan Bates injury update; he and Samuelson will attend the FD at US Nationals

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpts:
    "Apparently, I'm right on schedule, maybe a little bit ahead of schedule,'' Bates said in a telephone interview from Ann Arbor, Mich., where he is taking courses in industrial psychology and media writing. "But there is still a bit of pain and tightness, and there is still some swelling.''
    Bates can rest assured that when he returns Samuelson will be waiting for him. The two have been in close contact even recently while Samuelson has been studying in Europe. Samuelson, who is an international business major at the University of Michigan, headed to Barcelona around Christmastime and plans on spending several weeks abroad.
    Bates said he and Samuelson will travel to Greensboro to watch the free dance. They will miss the short dance because they have classes back at Michigan.

vCash
    Glad he is doing well! I think it's great that Emily is having the time to do the Europe study. You know there is no way she could have done that if they were competing so I am glad she took the opportuntiy when she had it! Hope she had a great time!

vCash
    Very glad to hear the good news! They will definitely be missed on the ice at US Nats.

vCash
    Good for them, I hope the do some interviews at Nats, Evan is always entertaining.

On a side note, I have a lot of respect for all the skaters who train while attending college. It takes a lot of discipline to train on an elite level while going to school.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm still over not having them competing this season, but nice to see they are both making good use of the time. Hope they get some air time in the NBC coverage of Nats.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Tranquillo
    vCash
    These two just seem so nice. I wish Evan a full and speedy recovery, and I'm glad Emily is getting a chance to use their time off the ice to do something interesting.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Bates said in a telephone interview from Ann Arbor, Mich., where he is taking courses in industrial psychology
    Samuelson, who is an international business major at the University of Michigan
    EYS, I hear Michigan's got some pretty darn good business classes and students.

vCash
    Great news!
    I am looking forward to seeing them back in competition when they are ready!

Quadless
    vCash
    I'm glad that they both seem upbeat about their lives despite this setback in their skating, and I'm looking forward to seeing them back on the ice once Evan is fully healed. (Soon, I hope. )
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    I miss them this season... hope he gets soon very quickly.

vCash
    Great to know Evan is doing well! I miss them.

on the rink doing synchronized spirals with Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Shawn Sawyer, Alissa Czisny, Rohene Ward, Yukina Ota, Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu
    vCash
    I am glad he is doing better. I'm sad they won't be able to compete this year. I'll be cheering loud & clear when they come back to competition

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    This season has IMO has definitely been lacking without S/B competing - I cannot wait until Evan is healed enough for them to take to the ice again.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    I am so thrilled he's recovering so well. Very talented athletes and people

vCash
    So happy that he is nearing the point where he can train on the ice again!

Although he is making steady improvement, and hopes a trip to the doctor on Tuesday will result with a permission slip to lace up his skates once again, it's been a tough time off the ice
    I really missed Evan & Emily in the GP series!

vCash
    I so hope he can overcome this setback. They are one of my favourite couples, and I was really looking forward to seeing them this year.

Hope he gets the thumbs up following those tests.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I love this team! What a wit he has!

vCash
    I've really missed them this and can't wait to see them again! I'm glad his recovery is going well and that they've been using the time off to their advantage.
    "If people are looking for guarantees, they should buy appliances at Sears and stay away from human relationships."~Prancer

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I'm going to Nationals for the first time and it seems so wrong that they won't be competing. I wonder if he'll throw down a UMichigan shirt/sweatshirt for Meryl and Charlie to wave in the K&C. And one for Alex too, for that matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I'm going to Nationals for the first time and it seems so wrong that they won't be competing. I wonder if he'll throw down a UMichigan shirt/sweatshirt for Meryl and Charlie to wave in the K&C. And one for Alex too, for that matter.
    Clearly he needs to throw UMich SOCKS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast