Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Patrick is a talented young man. He' will be unstoppable with 2 quads...I can totally see him on the top at the World Championships podium this time.
    Skategods - you didn't hear nothin'! Move along.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Skategods - you didn't hear nothin'! Move along.
    yeh, move along. I wouldn't say he will win a certain major comp this year, but this certainly does improve his chances.............Gooooo Patrick!!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Mmmm... so Chan will be going to college soon? wonder how that will impact his skating???
    http://www.canada.com/sports/winter/...239/story.html
    He soon plans on enrolling in business and languages at Colorado College in Colorado Springs and juggling academics and skating.
    Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm - Ralph Waldo Emerson

vCash
    Oh, so Chan will be doubling quads?

vCash

could be his time

Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Looking forward to Patrick's quad attempts. The ones he's hit so far this season have been gorgeous.
    Maybe this will be an exemplar season for Chan. What he and others have been waiting for and looking for. All things coming together and working for him. Who knows! It will be interesting.

vCash
    I really love how Chan doesn't hesitate to up his technical difficulty. He's someone that truly pushes himself to be the best he can be, in times at the expense of short-term gain.

I remember his breakthrough season in 07/08 when he just started landing the 3axel and had been winning medals all season. He upset Buttle at Nationals, and then just before Worlds decided to rework his LP and add a second 3axel because he felt he needed to push himself so that he could be a contender at the Olympics. That didn't work out well for him at Worlds, and he likely could have placed a few spots higher than 9th had he stuck with what had worked all season, but he was looking at the big picture and did indeed enter the Olympics as a serious contender.

So good for him for being willing to incorporate a second quad, even if at the expense of a 2nd axel. We'll see if he ends up going for it and regardless it's smart to try it at Nationals and then decide at Worlds if it's worth trying it again.

And as much as I do like what COP has done for the in-betweens, it'll be great to see the Canadian boys out there pushing the quads again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
    Even with 2 quads in his LP, Patrick will have hard time winning Worlds in Tokyo since Takahashi is going to do 2 quadriple flips and double the amount of gel applied to his hair.
    +3 GOE for quantities of hair gel. In DoggyGirl's MCOP.

vCash
    Kind of wondering what all you naysayers think now, after seeing Chan nail 3 clean quads in 2 programs at Cdn's??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kppt View Post
    Kind of wondering what all you naysayers think now, after seeing Chan nail 3 clean quads in 2 programs at Cdn's??
    I'm kind of wondering the same thing. Turns out the joke is on everyone who has been criticizing Chan this season for insisting on going for the jumps he hadn't quite mastered yet. Now that he's built up his skill, he's starting to land a very full arsenal more consistently; and the critics up-thread and in some other threads have a bit of egg on their faces.

vCash
    I am thoroughly impressed with how Chan has developed over the season. It makes the Chan hate pretty funny now that he has landed so many quads. Ironically, he still has points left on the table to try to achieve by World's...maybe score 300 points? That would seriously be something to see with any skater to be honest.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    All I wish is that Chan skates well and continues to grow. He is young, talented and as a fan of figure skating I look forward to seeing where he will take us during his competitive career.

What I also wish for (foolishly ) is that people could resist gloating so much when it comes to him. He's still learning so while some are busy gloating that he landed 3 quads at nationals and ready to crown him at Worlds you have just as many ready to gloat if the other Chan shows up ( which is possible ).

I'm just going to enjoy the skater he is and, aside from this momentary lapse, continue to ignore Chan threads and mens threads in general.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    What I also wish for (foolishly ) is that people could resist gloating so much when it comes to him. He's still learning so while some are busy gloating that he landed 3 quads at nationals and ready to crown him at Worlds you have just as many ready to gloat if the other Chan shows up ( which is possible ).
    In a way it may not have been the best thing for Patrick to have skated so brilliantly. If he goes into Worlds expecting to skate as well or even better and win, the pressure could get to him. It might be a replay of the Olympics.

Also, it's possible that Patrick peaked to soon this season.

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    In a way it may not have been the best thing for Patrick to have skated so brilliantly. If he goes into Worlds expecting to skate as well or even better and win, the pressure could get to him. It might be a replay of the Olympics.

Shhhhhh......
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post

This thought crossed my mind after the LP in Victoria. Hopefully Chan and Krall have enough experience for this not to happen.

Not summer :(
    vCash
    All I wish is that Chan skates well and continues to grow. He is young, talented and as a fan of figure skating I look forward to seeing where he will take us during his competitive career.

I'm just going to enjoy the skater he is and, aside from this momentary lapse, continue to ignore Chan threads and mens threads in general.
    ^^^ This
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash

Well said, I salute you with a SO! However, I somehow don't think I can completely ignore Chan threads and mens threads in general but I do hope I will continue to think hard before I click that submit reply button.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    Some more articles

Beverley Smith
    A Canadian figure skating battle looms
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1871671/

Cam Cole
    Patrick Chan, from ‘if’ to ‘when’: stretching his quads in Victoria
    http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/P...655/story.html

Cleve Dheensaw
    Champion Patrick Chan will attempt back-to-back quad jumps in Victoria
    http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/...893/story.html

They're all trying to hype a big rivalry between Patrick and Kevin While I appreciate how much Kevin has improved he's not quite at Patrick's level yet.
    I'm excited for Patrick.

on a side note, Cam Cole is the worst sports writer I've ever read.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12