Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I used to be a Capricorn, now I'm a Saggitarius My friend is an Ochi thing now - whatever it is, the name is dumb. The Babylonians got it right when they dumped it.
    Apparently I'm no longer a Capricorn either. Well, I refuse to accept it (I don't want to be a Saggitarius) and no one can make me.

Somebody had too much free time on their hands.

Off to throw a tantrum.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    You can you really be an Astrology expert? Whatever floats your boat, but it still remains a pseudo-science that produces no real, practical results.
    Oh yes, there are astrology experts and they study and read charts for years to become experts. Dane Rudyar and Stephen Arroyo are two such experts.

Some practical evidence does exist in support of the four angles - ascending sign, descending sign, mid-heaven, and deep-heaven. As to the rest, there is a lack of research.

I dabbled in astrology for many years - I learned to draw charts by hand using data from the ephemeris and read charts for a time. I did find a ton of truth and insights in charts, but reading them is extremely complicated. You need to consider the 12 hours, the 12 signs, the angles, and the configuration of planets (squares, trines, conjunctions, etcetera). Then there all sorts of other details, such as whether your key signs are fixed, mutable, or cardinal, and where the north and south nodes of the moon are.

Becoming proficient at reading charts is a craft that takes years. I rarely got to the point where I could make an intuitive leap, but relied on the analysis and reading of details.

A person's sun sign is on its own quite meaningless, you need to know the moon and ascendant positions at least to begin an astrological analysis. And some sun signs are weak in an individual. For example, my niece has four planets in Libra and sun in Scorpio, and she is far more Libran in character.

As to changes in signs, tropical astrology remains true. I would love nothing more to have four planets in Libra instead of four in Scorpio, but alas, I'm a true blue Scorpio. So is Charles Manson , but looking on the brighter side, we also have Indira Ghandi.

vCash
    I'm Leo/Virgo now...my birthday is September 16. I don't even know anything about Leos; I've always been a typical Virgo!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Astrology is bunk.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Astrology is bunk.
    Yeah, but it can be fun - and a good time waster!

vCash
    Noooo, my whole life has been lived as a lie!

vCash
    Japanfan I dabbled in astrology too, but only for awhile in my salad days. I'm a real Scorpio, with 4 planets in Scorpio besides the sun. The teacher in the course I took drew our charts. I forget the details but of all the trines in the universe, he identified the three worst to have, and I have two of the three. Every day the ephemeris would have bad news for me. It started to become a self-fulfilling prophecy so I quit looking/charting.
    Boi Bumba!!!

vCash
    I have the same birthday as BYTCH. I wonder how many of the bad trines I have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    But I AM a cliché-Scorpio...and most of the time proud of it...my life has ended now.
    Oh, I am so completely a Scorpio, I could never change now!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    All my life I thought I was a Libra. But I am not...I'm a Virgo.
    Virgo? Oh come on.

vCash
    PL you were born years after me, so you should be safe because trines change constantly. Plus I think they are allergic to sparklies, so you have double protection.
    Boi Bumba!!!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    I am so NOT a fecking Pisces! If ever there was a true Aries,,, It's MEEEEE!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    But I AM a cliché-Scorpio...and most of the time proud of it...my life has ended now.

What I'd like to know is why is it so damn light out when I leave work at 5:00 PM these days? Isn't it supposed to still be pitch-black outside at that hour? If anything is undergoing a shift, it's that.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Astrology is bunk.
    True that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Yeah, but it can be fun - and a good time waster!
    And that’s really all it’s good for.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BYTCH View Post
    Japanfan I dabbled in astrology too, but only for awhile in my salad days. I'm a real Scorpio, with 4 planets in Scorpio besides the sun. The teacher in the course I took drew our charts. I forget the details but of all the trines in the universe, he identified the three worst to have, and I have two of the three. Every day the ephemeris would have bad news for me. It started to become a self-fulfilling prophecy so I quit looking/charting.
    I thought trines are a good thing. Conjunctions not always but trines and sextiles are supposed to be harmonious. A non-astrology fan friend of mine sent me that link all fussed because she was going to be a Gemini instead of Cancer. I told her she actually would gain on that
    And Jamesy, I would be concerned if I had to lose the Libra identity for a Virgo one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    All my life I thought I was a Libra. But I am not...I'm a Virgo.

Why your zodiac sign might have changed

So who here at FSU is an Ophiuchus? Please let the rest of us know how to pronounce your zodiac sign!
    ME
    And I can't even pronounce it.
    Well, actually, I never thought I fit in as a Sag. Just didn't discribe me at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mila19 View Post
    I thought trines are a good thing. Conjunctions not always but trines and sextiles are supposed to be harmonious.
    Yes, trines are harmonious and indicate a strong resource a person can draw upon - i.e. a trine in the fire signs gives a person an almost limited reserve of energy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BYTCH View Post
    Japanfan I dabbled in astrology too, but only for awhile in my salad days. I'm a real Scorpio, with 4 planets in Scorpio besides the sun.
    I have Sun, Mercury, Pluto and Jupiter in Scorpio - fortunately my sun is in early Scorpio and forms an out-of-sign conjunction with Venus and Neptune in Libra. I once met a guy born a few days after me who had all those planets in Scorpio. Poor guy had a rough time in life with all that Scorpio - too much for any one person to take.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    All you Virgo haterz can just shut it. We are the best. Just ask any of us. Those of you fortunate enough to have been moved into the group should cheer.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    All you Virgo haterz can just shut it. We are the best. Just ask any of us. Those of you fortunate enough to have been moved into the group should cheer.
    Sags are best except now Opies might be best.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Actually, if you put Virgos in the right environment they are the best, hospitals or things dealing with cleaning or diets My experience, a lot of cases, is that for as long as you are not affected by their nerve-wrecking obsessiveness and negativism you are fine.
    My mother is a Virgo and I'm a Sagittarius(which btw really are the best ) with Aquarius rising (but my Moon is in Virgo sadly ) and she has exactly all the Virgo characteristics that make me want to pull my hair.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast