Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Astrology Changes...Thought You Were Scorpio or Sagittarius? Now You Are "Ophiuchus"

All my life I thought I was a Libra. But I am not...I'm a Virgo.

Why your zodiac sign might have changed

Folks from the Minnesota Planetarium Society are reminding you that the astrological signs we follow today are out of whack with the originals.
    • Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17 *Discarded by the Babylonians because they wanted 12 signs per year
    So who here at FSU is an Ophiuchus? Please let the rest of us know how to pronounce your zodiac sign!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Oy Vey!!!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I used to be a Capricorn, now I'm a Saggitarius My friend is an Ochi thing now - whatever it is, the name is dumb. The Babylonians got it right when they dumped it.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I'm surprised this isn't making more news - if it's all true, it would seem to turn a very longstanding and broad spectrum of thinking on its head. Even if you're not a full believer, I'd hazard to guess there are very few of us who don't know our sign and some of the characteristics associated with it, and who haven't read their horoscope on occasion.

I am SO not a Taurus.

vCash
    I'm still a Saggitarius. The reinforcement of this is amusing to me for some reason.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Oops! Now apparently this is not true???

Ophiuchus the 13th Zodiac Sign? No, It's Not - Expert astrologers debunk the latest astrological rumor

This is strange because the original source is The Globe and Mail, a well-respected national Canadian newspaper. I would have thought they would have verified this info before publishing it...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Or, apparantly, maybe our zodiac signs haven't changed (depending on what part of the world we're from):

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13...hasnt-changed/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

So who here at FSU is an Ophiuchus? Please let the rest of us know how to pronounce your zodiac sign!
    I'm an Opho ... Opha ... Oprah ... ugh, however it's spelled. It looks like it should be pronounced "Oh f**k us," but that could just be me being annoyed I'm not a Sagittarius anymore. I was Googling this yesterday and learned from Wikipedia that another name for Ophiuchus is Serpentarius, which sounds like the missing Malfoy son -- I think I like that one better. It's easier to spell, for one thing. We Opherwhointhewhatnows need to band together and figure out what our personality traits are supposed to be!
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    There is more than 1 zodiac, and has been for quite some time. And what Westerners use as their zodiac, the Tropical Zodiac, hasn't changed at all, because it's based on the seasons, not constellations. CNN

With that said though, I looked at my "new" sign and feel it more accurately describes me. My original sign is Aries. There is very very little in the description that applies to me. I'm not firey, impatient, assertive or outgoing. About the only thing that I can agree on is that I look good in red. But my new sign, Pisces, is about 90% accurate when it comes to describing me, if not more.

vCash
    I'm an O-cus. Oh, the horrors, LOL.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

I'm one of those. Changed from Sagittarius to Opie. Haven't got a freakin clue how to pronounce it.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    My dad is the new sign. I'd call and tell him if I knew how to pronounce it...
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

Quadless
    vCash
    I am not going with this. There is no one who is more of a Gemini than I am and now they suddenly want me to be a Taurus. I don't think so.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    I went from aquarius to capricorn.
    Now my life makes complete sense.

vCash
    I've always said I have no sign, so I guess I'm still good.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    I'm sticking with the TROPICAL zodiac and Sagittarius!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I've always said I have no sign, so I guess I'm still good.

Probably smart. They say I've moved from Cancer to Gemini. I don't want to be a Gemini, even though I never read them.

vCash

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    I am not going with this. There is no one who is more of a Gemini than I am and now they suddenly want me to be a Taurus. I don't think so.
    I don't go with it either. I'm 100% Scorpio, born-on-the-cusp be damned. Besides, I was supposed to be a November baby.

vCash
    I guess I'm now a Matterwitter.

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    There is more than 1 zodiac, and has been for quite some time. And what Westerners use as their zodiac, the Tropical Zodiac, hasn't changed at all, because it's based on the seasons, not constellations. CNN

With that said though, I looked at my "new" sign and feel it more accurately describes me. My original sign is Aries. There is very very little in the description that applies to me. I'm not firey, impatient, assertive or outgoing. About the only thing that I can agree on is that I look good in red. But my new sign, Pisces, is about 90% accurate when it comes to describing me, if not more.
    Well, so many things depend on your other planets and how they all interact with one another. Aries may be the only fire sign in your chart!

www.alabe.com/freechart. Type in where you were born, what time (if you know it) and you'll get a slightly better description of how it all works! Actually interpreting the intersecting lines and conjunctions at the top takes some time, if you really want to know though I could help you out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast