Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    But hair and makeup and pretty clothes? Our society values such things, and many of us continue to do our hair and makeup and choose our clothes throughout our lives. I don't think it's that big a deal, and as I said above, for many little girls, dressing up is a lot of fun. For many women it is too.
    Admittedly the show focuses on the psycho-crazy moms, but I don't see a lot of children on that show getting much "choice" in their clothes, hair, or makeup. IMHO dressing up for kids is fun when it's a creative activity for them, not when an adult is forcing them to dress up a certain way.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    I think those mothers should be hung up by their thumbs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I can't watch this show, the commercials alone make me extremely angry. The little girl with the old-lady elegant hairstyle but a pacifier stuck in her mouth, crying and telling her parents they're making her crazy...how can anyone think that's okay?
    I remember that child and her mother. The kid hated being glitzed up, but once she was onstage, she performed her socks off. She has real talent, and it was clear that she truly enjoyed performing.

vCash
    I don't watch the show but I do see the occasional outtakes on The Soup....including the tot who danced around in a cone bra like Madonna. Um....wow. That's disturbing.

Looking at the article linked....I do have to adore the fact that two of the tots mentioned seem to be named after characters on Dynasty (Sammy Jo Carrington, played by Heather Locklear, and of course, Alexis Carrington, played by the awesome Joan Collins. I assume there are also tots in these competitions named Krystle, but probably spelled with more "y"s and possibly apostrophes and a silent 4. "Kr4yy'styllye")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12