Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Can't figure out how to do a link w/my ipad, but the Target Christmas ad w/the two kids (Is it time yet? I can't wait.) is fabulous. I love Target. The ones near my home are so clean with tons of available staffers working the floor offering assistance. It is definitely not a big box store.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    In our area, most Walmart brand merchandise is junkier than Target brands and the selection is limited. Walmart prices on name brand merchandise are usually cheaper but this holiday season I noticed the prices were higher than last year and sometimes higher than Target.

Target has better clearance sales and keeps their clearance areas more organized. Our Target has great grocery prices but the selection is limited.

vCash
    I am actually bummed that Target is taking over a lot of the Zeller's stores. I like Zeller's and like that it is actually a Canadian company. Yet another Canadian store bites the dust to an American store.

Nothing wrong with Target coming up here and glad many are happy about it on here, but bummed it is at the expense of a store I go to a lot.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I am actually bummed that Target is taking over a lot of the Zeller's stores. I like Zeller's and like that it is actually a Canadian company. Yet another Canadian store bites the dust to an American store.
    As a former Zeller's employee, I may be biased, but IMHO there is no reason to save a company that has screwed up as badly and for as long as Zeller's has, even if it is (was) a Canadian company.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post

Nothing wrong with Target coming up here and glad many are happy about it on here, but bummed it is at the expense of a store I go to a lot.
    Zellers hasn't been Canadian since 2006. Don't let the Canadian Olympic gear fool you.

I just bought two items at Zellers tonight, but it was simply because the store was part of a plaza I was shopping at for other reasons. I wouldn't have gone out of the way to go there. This Zellers is never organized, never well-staffed, and is generally shabbier and messier than the two Wal-Mart's I've been to in the city. That's pretty sad, I think. I assume most Zellers aren't so bad, but I know some are.

I wish fewer Canadian companies and resources were foreign-owned. It's obnoxious that this country loses more and more of its own retail landscape. On that hand, I'm sad to see Target take over, but at least it's only Zellers.

vCash
    I love Target, hate Walmart! This past Christmas, I needed some new tree lights for my live tree, I think I used about 16 boxes. Anyway I found some really nice quality Phillips brand lights at Target, they snap in place so you don't have to worry about the bulbs coming loose and thus flickering or causing outtages on your lines later on which I was noticing was a problem as I was stringing the older ones if you moved them funny, but I still needed more, but could only find different brands and ones that were more than than 2x's the price at stores such as Home Depot and Lowes and the ones at Walmart were some generic looking holiday brand that were more than the Target price, but so cheap in quality looking that I would have been afraid to put them on my tree.

Our Target isn't one that has a full grocery store, but I still get a lot of grocery items there. We love the Archer brand frozen pizza with spinach, plum tomatoes and goat cheese that is actually imported from Italy for only around $5.

Sometimes, I am forced to run into Walmart for convenience sakes. It is the only grocery store for miles, it has a nice, clean Subway, and it has two Redbox machines, but I wish I could go elsewhere. I hate dealing with the people in the parking lot, shopping carts are rarely corraled and a lot of times found next to your car when you come back out from shopping and even though I only go in for a few items, it's rarely ever a quick trip.

We are getting ready to move overseas again, so I can't wait to ban Walmart from my life for a couple of years!

vCash

vCash
    I find the older I get,Target has less and less of selections for me. Shame. I loved Target when my children were in school, but now Kohls has them beat for clothes and housewares. Target, we all don't remain in our 30's and 40's forever, although I wish we could.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    My sister is often sent to new Target stores to help them get set up. That's how she ended up moving to Alaska (which she loves). She was recently sent to Hawaii for a month. I wonder if she'll get sent to Canada?
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    My Canadian relatives are going to pee in their pants with excitement.
    Well, they have a place to buy replacements, eh?
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    CNBC is currently showing a one-hour feature on the history of Target, btw.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/40588422/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123