Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Watch me move
    vCash

Target Stores are Coming to Canada

Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Well I guess we will see - since Kmart died, who knows what this will mean. I guess maybe this is why Zellers stores have kicked it up a notch.

vCash
    My Canadian work-friends are more excited about Marshall's opening up stores in Canada this spring:
    http://www.financialpost.com/open+Ma...522/story.html

When they come down to the US, they always go to Marshalls.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    My Canadian work-friends are more excited about Marshall's opening up stores in Canada this spring:
    http://www.financialpost.com/open+Ma...522/story.html

When they come down to the US, they always go to Marshalls.

Target>>>>>>>Marshalls in this cross-border shopper's opinion
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    So long as they stock the same stuff as their US stores, this is good news indeed. I've always had great finds, esp. in casual clothes, whenever I've shopped at Target in the US.

vCash
    Hmmm ... this could be interesting as I heard something about this on the local radio station and not sure if they mentioned that our local store may be one of those turning into a Target store. My sister manages the restaurant of the local Zellers and I'm not sure what that will mean for her. She needs the income.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Target has similar restaurants, right?

I like Zeller's. I bought my patio furniture, rice cooker and clothes hangers at Zeller's when I recently bought my place. RIP.

But yay Target! Really looking forward to it!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    ^ From what I understand, Zellers isn't completely going away, at least not just yet -- some locations are not being bought ('tho in those cases they're probably the unprofitable ones so likely to be closed anyway), but Target will be leasing back other locations to Zellers.

I've had some successful shopping experiences at Zellers in the past, but haven't shopped there in ages because of their appalling checkout and floor service. There are some things I'm just not willing to do for a bargain, and being treated like I'm inconveniencing store staff is one of them.

vCash
    Zellers is . Target is . But my Canadian relatives are eagerly wondering when Burlington Coat Factory will enter Canada.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    My Canadian relatives are going to pee in their pants with excitement.

vCash
    Stopped shopping at Zellers and Wal-Mart years ago, so I welcome Target.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    Well I guess we will see - since Kmart died, who knows what this will mean. I guess maybe this is why Zellers stores have kicked it up a notch.
    I've noticed this too. A couple years ago I wouldn't have stepped foot in our local zellers, but I actually did a lot of my Christmas shopping there this year and have bought quite a few baby things.. including our crib, dresser and change table set which we paid $200 for and our play pen which was $99. We've mostly been looking at baby/kids clothes but I've been quiet impressed!

That said it wouldn't suprise me if Target took that one over only because they already have a "mini" Target in the mall which just carries clothes. I'm suspecting that they'll move into the Zellers location and expand into a full Target. That I would be excited about lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    ^ .
    I've had some successful shopping experiences at Zellers in the past, but haven't shopped there in ages because of their appalling checkout and floor service. There are some things I'm just not willing to do for a bargain, and being treated like I'm inconveniencing store staff is one of them.
    Zeller's has floor staff? Who knew? I agree their checkout service is terrible (in my experience).

vCash
    I try to go to Zellers every so often and always leave empty handed because they either didn't have what I wanted or it was way more than it would be elsewhere.

vCash
    I'm excited though i dont think they will carry the same stuff and i doubt they will be as cheap as the US

vCash
    I like this news, but just would hpe they'd keep some zellers around. I always found that if I wanted stuff from the Bay( don't mean clothing), I'd go to Zellers and it would be cheaper than at the Bay. And I liked the fact no one was around to help me...I hate when they ask you if you need help!

That said, I like Target, from what I remember of the couple of times I've been there on my forays into the States. It's funny because just yesterday I was reading that some American stores were looking to come here because of how well our economy fared compared theirs and that was the one I hoped for the most...and the next day it comes true!!

vCash
    Did you know about this? I'm not shopping at Target anymore.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_684815.html

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    Did you know about this? I'm not shopping at Target anymore.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_684815.html

If moveon.org is the voice screaming to boycott Target, I will be going out of my way to give them as much business as I can.
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Ok, fine, you get Target. Now give us Canadian Tire and we'll call it even.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

If moveon.org is the voice screaming to boycott Target, I will be going out of my way to give them as much business as I can.
    Whatever. Make your own choices.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast