http://www.dissonskating.com/shows/2...for-the-heart/
    NBC Airdate
    Sunday, January 16, 2011
    4:00 – 6:00 PM EST
    Check your local listings!

Hallmark Channel Rebroadcasts
    February 8, 2011 6:00 – 8:00 PM
    February 14, 2011 1:00 – 3:00 AM
    Reviews of/reports from the Oct. 10th show in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75340

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    More info from NBC Sports:
    OLYMPIC MEDALISTS SASHA COHEN & TANITH BELBIN & BEN AGOSTO & 3-TIME U.S. CHAMPION JOHNNY WEIR PERFORM IN SKATE FOR THE HEART THIS SUNDAY ON NBC

2006 Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen, 2006 Olympic silver medalists Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto and three-time U.S. Champion and two-time Winter Olympian Johnny Weir perform in “Cold-EEZE Skate for the Heart” from Covelli Center in Youngstown, Ohio this Sunday at 4 p.m. ET. The show is a part of the Pandora NBC Skating Series, produced by Disson Skating in conjunction with NBC. Two-time Olympic medalist and five-time world champion Michelle Kwan and Olympic, World and U.S. Champion Peggy Fleming host the show.

Joining Cohen, Belbin & Agosto and Weir on the ice are 2010 U.S. champion and 2010 Winter Olympian Rachael Flatt, 2010 Olympic bronze medalist Joannie Rochette and two-time U.S. Champion and 2010 Winter Olympian Jeremy Abbott among others.

American Idol season two winner Ruben Studdard and season seven runner-up David Archuleta will perform their hits as the background of the world-class skating in a show that provides awareness for the prevention of heart disease. Also providing music is a cappella group Straight No Chaser.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    It's interesting that the most recent Olympic medalist and the person who appeared on the Today Show to promote this broadcast, is relegated to the "also rans"...

Too bad she's a Canadian, I guess
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    In my listings this show is preceded by another airing of Holiday Festival on Ice on NBC HD KING Seattle.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Anyone watching this? Seems like a great cast and I always love to see Michelle Kwan even if she isn't skating.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I'm watching but I'm sure like all Disson shows, we will see more of the singers than skaters.

vCash
    I wish we could do figure skating shows without random musical guests sometimes.

I'm only watching until the pats game starts.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Loved the edit they did of Caydee not landing the throw 3Z cleanly, LOL

Not a fan of Jeremy's outfit but I do like Caydee's dress. I wonder if these are new SP outfits for them.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I could have done without this performace by Johnny.

vCash
    Oh, I really liked that last Johnny performance.

I also liked Straight No Chaser.

vCash
    I tho't this was one of the best Disson shows I've watched in the past few years. Loved Johnny's last number. It was breathtaking to watch. Loved Sasha's Caberet routine & Ryan's Willie Wonka's. Belbin & Agosto were great...actually I liked all the skaters. I did not enjoy watching the singers & all the shots of their open mouths.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I tho't this was one of the best Disson shows I've watched in the past few years. Loved Johnny's last number. It was breathtaking to watch. Loved Sasha's Caberet routine & Ryan's Willie Wonka's. Belbin & Agosto were great...actually I liked all the skaters. I did not enjoy watching the singers & all the shots of their open mouths.
    Those were the highlights for me, too. And I agree that this was one of the best Disson shows in recent years. And, yeah, I don't like seeing the singers during the program, but I think they showed less of them this time around.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I agree. I loved the cast, all who you named..plus, I thought Joannie was wonderful.

Johnny's the man..

vCash
    Ruben Studdard and skating? Sorry, gives me a

vCash
    Aw, I like Ruben.

Dang, Ryan Bradley is adorable. And I don't even like Willy Wonka!

Nice sharp performance from Sasha of "Mein Herr" -- best I've ever seen her do that one, I think. I liked her second number too, but that song always makes me think of the California Raisins. Of course, Sasha's way younger than me. . . . She's probably never even heard of them!!

In the ending number, I saw Johnny put his hand to his head when the other guys had their hands up. He just can't stand not to do something different, can he?

I agree the music was better than usual.
    Last edited by Wyliefan; 01-17-2011 at 12:53 AM.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Lately it hasn't bothered me that much to miss skating, shows or comps. (I watched part of the Heart one as much for the band as the skating.) But would've liked to see some of this - will look for vids.

vCash
    Ryan Bradley is just a born show skater! He is so good. It's like I can't wait to see him at nationals.

Abbott was good. Cohen did great with Cabaret.

Weir also impressed. Both him and Cohen did some of their best skates of those show skates.

vCash
    I thought this was one of the better Disson shows this season. I didn't mind the musical guests, and the skaters did skate to quite a bit of recorded music. I liked the skating cast very much.

vCash

Great show...

Came in a little late though. Can anyone tell me the name of the song that was playing during Tanith and Ben's last routine? It wasn't a live performance... I came in at the end. Thanks.

vCash
    I think it was 'If It Kills Me' by Jason Mraz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast