vCash

Is Rachael Flatt Committing Skating Suicide?

http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/detail.jsp?id=100068

Rachael Flatt's new short program is East of Eden.

At my first nationals in Boston, I remember having seen Michelle skate it and after 20 seconds into the program bursting into tears because she was so beautiful. IMO, it was an iconic program and that music, like Lyra Angelica belongs to her and her alone. My sense is that Rachael is tempting fate because everyone will compare her to Michelle and she'll come up incredibly short.

Anyone else care to weigh in on this?

vCash
    Well I think "sucide" is a bit dire... She will probably still be alive at the end of the skate...

I am not as worried about the music choice as the late change. Considering her outing at the GPF she seemed not fully ready to skate. I think it's tempting fate coming off an injury that appeared to have been worse then we had been lead to beleive to attempt to cram a new program in there...

vCash
    Well, I always found Michelle's East of Eden to be boring and kind of schmaltzy. But I know I am in the minority.

As far as Rachael, she's going through a rough time, but she's always been a sturdy competitor, so I don't think it'll matter what music she skates to. People are always going to criticize her presentation regardless of the music choice.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    closed because there's a dupe thread with a more descriptive title
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry