Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83
  1. #61

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    5,954
    vCash
    470
    Rep Power
    12551
    Quote Originally Posted by dbny View Post
    Do you know where it was posted?
    Sorry, I can't find the specific link. It was on one of the independent Apple sites I follow.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

  2. #62
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    13,102
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    9930
    I got my Verizon iPhone last week. Love it!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,842
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32560
    So far, it sounds like it can't do everything an AT&T iPhone can do.....I am not so impressed now.

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,725
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    So far, it sounds like it can't do everything an AT&T iPhone can do.....I am not so impressed now.
    The two main drawbacks I'm hearing are no talk and surf while on 3G and that Verizon lowered their 3G speeds in anticipation of the iPhone release.

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,241
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    Verizon lowered their 3G speeds in anticipation of the iPhone release.
    Why would they do that? Do you think it's because of the iPhone or because of the new Verizon 4G release?

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,842
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32560
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
    The two main drawbacks I'm hearing are no talk and surf while on 3G and that Verizon lowered their 3G speeds in anticipation of the iPhone release.
    And see, suppose I was on the phone with someone and they wanted me to look something up online?

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    La Belle Province
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,380
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3763
    Depends how often that's likely to happen. It does work over wifi so only 3G is an issue. Honestly I could probably count on my hands the times it's really come in useful in the last three years.

    But AT&T is decent enough in Philly compared to NYC. I just wish it had better building penetration, it's annoying at certain areas of every hospital I've worked at.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,719
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34207
    We took my parents this weekend to get their iPhones! We have AT&T but they have Verizon and have been chomping at the bit for a chance to get an iPhone. They absolutely love them.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,725
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    But AT&T is decent enough in Philly compared to NYC. I just wish it had better building penetration, it's annoying at certain areas of every hospital I've worked at.
    This is one aspect I'll be curious to hear from Verizon users here in Chicago. AT&T's reception on the train is often sketchy and when it goes underground in the city--zero.

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,241
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I can tell you that we get Verizon coverage underground in NYC and in the tunnels. The only area that I don't get coverage is going through a near by national park. But apparently that is universal for all carriers, they are not allowed to put up cell towers/repeater stations on national park grounds, if it's a large park, you lose service.

  11. #71
    Beach Bum
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Maryland burbs and shore
    Posts
    13,102
    vCash
    583
    Rep Power
    9930
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    And see, suppose I was on the phone with someone and they wanted me to look something up online?
    I could call them back with my blackberry and surf on the iPhone.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Fenway Park
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,751
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm so peeved right now. My husband and I bought new phones in December 09, and I am not eligible for an upgrade until August of this year. If I wanted the iPhone now, it'd be the full retail price of $649.99. Mr. Stormy is eligible for a partial discount on a new phone right now since he's the main line on the account, but he doesn't want the iPhone. If we're near a Verizon store sometimes, I'll ask if they'll give me it with the contract price, but I'm not holding my breath.

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    Age
    31
    Posts
    20,719
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34207
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm so peeved right now. My husband and I bought new phones in December 09, and I am not eligible for an upgrade until August of this year. If I wanted the iPhone now, it'd be the full retail price of $649.99. Mr. Stormy is eligible for a partial discount on a new phone right now since he's the main line on the account, but he doesn't want the iPhone. If we're near a Verizon store sometimes, I'll ask if they'll give me it with the contract price, but I'm not holding my breath.
    If they were smart they would make a one time deal for ALL current members to get upgrade price on the iPhones whether or not they were due for one. It could be a limited offer that last for a month or so.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,842
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32560
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I could call them back with my blackberry and surf on the iPhone.
    Ok, Miss Blackberry , but I don't have one of those...

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    3,398
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    22313
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    If they were smart they would make a one time deal for ALL current members to get upgrade price on the iPhones whether or not they were due for one. It could be a limited offer that last for a month or so.
    Yes, that would be a good idea. AT&T almost did that last year, when they let many subscribers re-up early to get the iPhone4. I figured they were doing it to lock people into their contracts before the Verizon phone was announced.

  16. #76
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,123
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34026
    Here's an article talking about problems with the Verizon iPhone: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/...verizon-sucks/
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,241
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Here's an article talking about problems with the Verizon iPhone: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/...verizon-sucks/
    Just called Verizon on this article. For anyone with an existing 2 year upgrade with discount contract, it will be honored whenever your 2 years are up. Moving forward the discount will be discontinued. However, that is just the extra discount, you will still get the lowered contract rate for the phone. As far as a tiered data plan, they said they know nothing about it. So, take these articles with a grain of salt and realize some of it is speculation at this point.

  18. #78
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,123
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34026
    Actually, the article referred to a Verizon policy posted online so I am not sure why you are talking about speculation.

    The article mostly focuses on the "data throttling" and while it does talk about the elimination of discount, it is obvious it's talking about new users. New users are what is expected to flood Verizon with the unveiling of the iPhone.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,241
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Actually, the article referred to a Verizon policy posted online so I am not sure why you are talking about speculation.

    The article mostly focuses on the "data throttling" and while it does talk about the elimination of discount, it is obvious it's talking about new users. New users are what is expected to flood Verizon with the unveiling of the iPhone.
    I was talking about the tiered data plan, with regard to speculation. The data throttling will not be an issue for most of us, I don't use the browser on my phone that much. The rest was correct, but needed a little tweaking, for those who are already Verizon and may be moving up to iPhones.

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    849
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    In the greater NY area where I live, Verizon reception is much better than AT&T. And Wifi coverage is so extensive you hardly ever have to do without. But that's not always the case. Both DH and I travel to Miami a lot for work, (both our companies happen to have sites there) and I have to say AT&T reception is decidedly better than Verizon in Miami. Many of my coworkers also travel between Miami and NJ and the ones based in NJ and currently have AT&T iPhones are all considering switching. But those based in Miami most certainly are not.

    DH is eligible for an upgrade but he is holding out for the much hyped 4g network to come to Verizon. Not to mention iPhone 5.

    As for myself, I received a text message from Verizon yesterday that I was eligible for an upgrade. Didn't waste another day. Went to the store this morning and now have an iPhone 4 in my hot little hand.

    $169.99 after discount and credit, and $29.99 unlimited data plan. And so far I am loving it! Facebook is up. Contact list got transfered. Already downloaded over 100 books. And just set up company emails. Now happily browsing the Apple store.

    humming ~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •