Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    OMG I missed it!!! I had to stop reading the posts and will have to watch it on my On Demand when I get home tonight!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    What was this? They didn't show it on Canadian TV, which sounds like a good thing, but now I'm curious as to what it is.
    In a "glitch" related to HD broadcasting, I actually recorded the CBS feed without it being taken over by Global so I got to see these, Erin. Essentially they went back to other seasons and picked out a player, showed how they had been voted out, and speculated about what mght have happened if they had had Redemption Island, ie. a second chance. Each one of them was "brought to you by Sprint".
    Can't skate but love to watch

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    In a "glitch" related to HD broadcasting, I actually recorded the CBS feed without it being taken over by Global so I got to see these, Erin. Essentially they went back to other seasons and picked out a player, showed how they had been voted out, and speculated about what mght have happened if they had had Redemption Island, ie. a second chance. Each one of them was "brought to you by Sprint".
    Yuck, glad I didn't see that - too distracting.

OK so how much fun was that? I'm already in a much better mood about this season than last, and well I love Rob and Russell, so it's all good for me!

My favourite moments had to be at TC when Rob first demanded to see the HII and then challenged Kristina to give it to him - fabulous - and then when he declared "I'm doing what I said I was going to do," which put all his minions right into line with him. Brilliant.

Rob isn't going anywhere for awhile, so good luck with that Kristina.

Funny back story to Russell going right for Stephenie - who also said in her confessional that as soon as she saw him she knew she what she was going to do. In her CBS profile, when asked about favourite players, she says that if Russell and Parvati had a love child, she would be it.

This could be a lot of fun - although I fear his tribe will target her as a way to get at him - because if he thinks he's learned from his two #2s beating him, and yet she's studied his gameplay, then we could have a decent battle here.

Other players - anyone notice Grant? Tall guy with surfer hair who seemed to be in a lot of shots but never said a word? He's a former NFLer, as is the older built guy Steve (Dallas Cowboy from the 70s). It's interesting to me when CBS casts people with natural connections to see what happens - like Francesca the lawyer and Kristina the law student hooking up (there's also a lawyer on the other tribe).

Loving the farmer Ralph so far, and want Philip off my screen asap.

Also wondering if Rob and Russell are up to something - I expected more trash talking and eville looks, but they both looked rather smug (-er than usual? ). It would be interesting if they had a gentleman's pact to get to the end and duke it out then.

vCash
    If that cast is intelligent, they'll get rid of Russel as #1 then Rob as #2 after reunion show.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I liked Francesca... I hope she beats the crap out of Phillip at redemption island. I don't have anyone's names down right now, but it seems like an interesting bunch. I hope Russell is bounced before too long. I was expecting him to hog more of the airtime, but was pleasantly surprised that we weren't treated to The Russell Show v3.0.

vCash
    Phillip can't last long with his attitude. Telling these people when to speak? Castaways who act like he is never last long. BTW, way to throw your supposed alliance under the bus at the TC Phillip. You really think that will keep you in the game?

And didn't Probst promise that the HII would be much harder to find this season? Guess not Jeff.

My guess is that Russell goes out before Rob. People just like Rob, and Russell is not very likeable, and this time, it will make a difference.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Other players - anyone notice Grant? Tall guy with surfer hair who seemed to be in a lot of shots but never said a word? He's a former NFLer, as is the older built guy Steve (Dallas Cowboy from the 70s).
    Is Grant the guy with the dreads? Yea, I would gladly have traded the Sprint ads for something from either of those 2 guys.

God, Phillip's first words about himself in that Linked-In profile are "go-getter". I have a go-getter at work. Go-getters are annoying.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Wow. What a show. I know this is delusional, but I'm hoping that Rob and Russell both make it to the merge and form an alliance. I want to see the two of them battle against each other in the final tribal. That would be epic.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I'm thinking Rob would love to communicate with Russell as to what went down at this Tribal Council. I wouldn't like to be Kristina at camp for the next 3 days. She's going to have to play the II the next time they go to Tribal Council. Pit her against Phillip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    Wow. What a show. I know this is delusional, but I'm hoping that Rob and Russell both make it to the merge and form an alliance. I want to see the two of them battle against each other in the final tribal. That would be epic.
    I'd love to see this also. I hope both stay in the game for quite some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I'm thinking Rob would love to communicate with Russell as to what went down at this Tribal Council. I wouldn't like to be Kristina at camp for the next 3 days. She's going to have to play the II the next time they go to Tribal Council. Pit her against Phillip.
    I am hoping that either her tribe wins immunity next week and/or she figures out a way to keep it and stick around for a while. She's smart; she just jumped the gun. At least she didn't fall for the "give me the idol and you will stay" line!
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I am hoping that either her tribe wins immunity next week and/or she figures out a way to keep it and stick around for a while. She's smart; she just jumped the gun. At least she didn't fall for the "give me the idol and you will stay" line!
    You're right. I like that she was smart enough to look for the idol and find it. And it was smart of Rob to figure out that she or Francesca had it before tribal. Kristina's error was revealing how smart she was so early in the game. Now she's got a bullseye on her back---Rob is going to do his best to get her out of there, and fast. The other ladies have become his minions, so it might not be all that hard. That's just disgustingly hard to watch.

I can't even speak about Phillip. He's completely useless, and it's a shame that he has a vote. I said that about Fabio and he won, so maybe I should have kept that to myself.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Anyone have a breakdown of the votes? I can't access the video yet.

vCash
    Rob's alliance voted as per his plan (the women voting for Kristina and the men voting for Francesca):

Andrea, Ashley, Natalie: Kristina
    Grant, Matt, Phillip, Rob: Francesca
    Kristina, Francesca: Phillip

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Thanks! So with Philip's vote, that broke the tie and Francesca's gone.

Still not sure how Kristina thought she could get out Rob - I know she said for Francesca to tell everyone to vote for her and then she'd use the Idol, but neither of them had any influence with any of the others, at least that we saw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Thanks! So with Philip's vote, that broke the tie and Francesca's gone.

Still not sure how Kristina thought she could get out Rob - I know she said for Francesca to tell everyone to vote for her and then she'd use the Idol, but neither of them had any influence with any of the others, at least that we saw.
    That puzzled me too. When she held up the idol and said they had the votes, I was - an idol keeps you safe, it doesn't give you votes, and we didn't see anything to convince me that she tried very hard to get the others to vote with her.

vCash
    I guess she thought that everyone would vote for her and the 3 (Phillip, Fran, and Kristina) would vote for Rob...
    There is someone at my workplace who is like Phillip...claims to have so much integrity and experience in reading others due to his work with the Feds...he is a total tyrant and does nothing useful.
    I wish we could vote him off the island.

vCash
    I think Phillip is going to knock Coach off the top of the delusional kook-meter for Survivor. In fact, he may have already done so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I think Phillip is going to knock Coach off the top of the delusional kook-meter for Survivor. In fact, he may have already done so
    To me, he already took the title. I was just absolutely flabbergasted when he started going off at tribal council.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    we need to see a repeat for him to really take the title. After all, last season Holly seemed incredibly unbalanced at the beginning. I really didn't think she'd be able to turn it around - and she not only made the final 4 but became one of my favorite players of the season.

I have a hard time imagining that Phillip will get off the crazy train, but for me it will take more than one highly entertaining TC to unseat Coach.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast