Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I hope Rob bests Russell this time. I REALLY want to see Russell gets voted out sometimes.

vCash
    Not a huge fan of either, but I hope Rob over Russell. He's just obnoxious.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    If they could, they'd have Boston Rob play Survivor every season.
    TOTALLY And Russell every other season.

Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I hope Rob bests Russell this time. I REALLY want to see Russell gets voted out sometimes.
    I'm not happy about either of them being back, but I would rather see Russell go farther than Rob again.

Of course, in my perfect Survival world, people would open their eyes and vote both of them off first chance they get (with Rob going first )

when does this start? is it still on Wednesdays? do I have the energy to care this time?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Given that they aren't publicizing this in a big way, my guess is that Rob and Russell don't have much effect on the final outcome of the game.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    These Survivors have seen Russell on tv now. I'd be surprised if he lasts long at all. At least Rob is personable - Russell not so much. Of course, if Russell realizes that and amends his personality (which he is probably smart enough to do) then all bets are off.
    Last edited by purple skates; 01-14-2011 at 03:05 PM.

vCash
    Even if he amends himself, I'm quite sure Russell will be voted out as soon as they can do that
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    So if he is voted off, but he wins the battle on Redemtion Island, does he stay on the island or go back int eh game. How does that work?

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    So if he is voted off, but he wins the battle on Redemtion Island, does he stay on the island or go back int eh game. How does that work?
    He stays. Sounds like they continue this for awhile - maybe to merge? - and the person who is left standing gets to come back.

The somewhat interesting thing is that the remaining players won't know who is still there. If there's someone they really want gone, they could in theory send the next person there to beat them and make sure they don't come back. There could also be a major move if at the last minute - perhaps the final time someone is sent - someone sacrifices themselves to go and beat whoever they think is left, and then return to the game a hero.

The tricky part is that both Rob and Russell are excellent players - so even when voting them off, there's a very good chance they will remain in the game. And in Russell's case, come back pissed.

vCash
    I am SO over Russel. Rob, he's grown on me...couldn't stand him years ago, but I think love and fatherhood has really softened him up and made him more likeable. I've no hope for either him or Russel to win the game (not sure I'd WANT them to win the game; let's get some fresh meat in there), but all I really need is for Rob to outlast Russel. Just that, and I'll be good for the season.

vCash
    My dream scenario:

Russell is unceremoniously voted out first.

Mariano goes second after uttering his trademark "if they are wise they'll vote me out first, but they won't *smirk*" remark.

Russell and Rob battle it out in an epic challenge at Redemption Island and Mariano is sent home.

Then a perceived "dumb blonde" is voted out third. She and Russell engage in a mental challenge at Redemption Island and she wipes the floor with Russell's a$$.

And that's it: Russell and Rob are gone in only three episodes (hopefully never to return again) and we'll have our regular season of Survivor unfold nicely after that.

But, of course, that won't happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSatterwhite View Post
    My dream scenario:

Russell is unceremoniously voted out first.

Mariano goes second after uttering his trademark "if they are wise they'll vote me out first, but they won't *smirk*" remark.

Russell and Rob battle it out in an epic challenge at Redemption Island and Mariano is sent home.

Then a perceived "dumb blonde" is voted out third. She and Russell engage in a mental challenge at Redemption Island and she wipes the floor with Russell's a$$.

And that's it: Russell and Rob are gone in only three episodes (hopefully never to return again) and we'll have our regular season of Survivor unfold nicely after that.

But, of course, that won't happen.
    Wow, now that's a scenario I'd love to see play out.

Personally, I hate the idea of Rob and Russell returning, but one can hope that this season's lot of contestants aren't as stupid as the last couple of seasons.

This time Russell wont have the huge advantage of being unknown to the cast, and hopefully they will know not to trust a single thing that he says and boot him the first chance they get. Boston Rob should get similar treatment but probably wont because people just seem to like him, whereas Russell is just hard to like.

I guess the thing that bothers me about this is that there is no good reason to bring these two back other than as a ratings grab. Obviously that's the point of Reality TV, but it's still disappointing to me. Especially after last season's pretty successful run.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    When does it start?

vCash
    Feb 16th

vCash
    I always thought that Missyae over at Sucks was getting their info from Mrs. Russell but it turns out it was Russell himself blabbing the last two seasons to ole Missy:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...poiler_missyae

Be interesting to see if (1) CBS sues Russell for breach of contract and (2) how all this effects his edit on Redemption Island.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Brilliant statement by the network! I've said before, but since the dawn of Lost, shows are better off letting the spoilers do their thing - or in the case of Lost actually feeding the fires - than trying to shut them down. The more that's out there, the more confusing it all gets, so why try and limit it?

I think there's two ways to enjoy this show (and others like it) - spoiled and unspoiled. I prefer Survivor unspoiled and have been able to do so successfully for many years, so spoilers clearly aren't ruining the show. At the same time, a show like the Bachelor is almost more fun spoiled - again, viewer choice.

But if Russell really did this I'd be a bit surprised - his ego might like it, and he may have had some things he wanted out there, but I thought he was smarter than to jeopardize his relationship with the show, or have to pay for it.

vCash
    Wow, how funny is that? Wonder if MB and JP are regretting having to promote Russel again after all this drama. )

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Brilliant statement by the network!
    Agreed. That was great!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Brilliant statement by the network!
    I love it! They couldn't have said that any better!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    I always thought that Missyae over at Sucks was getting their info from Mrs. Russell but it turns out it was Russell himself blabbing the last two seasons to ole Missy:
    That's not a big surprise. For Samoa, the information was obviously flowing from Russell in some way way, which is why people thought it was Russell's wife. Russell was another major suspect for a long time. That all kind of faded last season, because the info was still good and how would Russell know all that stuff?

And I still wonder--how did Russell know all that stuff from last season??? And then there was that whole thing about Ashley's boot in Samoa, when CBS supposedly asked Missy to not leak the boot--does that mean that CBS was in on it all along?

CBS's statement neglects to mention that their "investigations" often included dropping false leads into discussions, among other things. That was always my favorite part of early spoilers . They'd drop in, lure everyone in with some fabulously accurate info and then post a lot of misleading stuff. They stopped that after a while, but that was when spoilers were really fun.

missyae's spoilers (and Mersaydeez's before) weren't nearly as much fun because they were always right. It was always hilarious when everyone was convinced that one person would be booted and it ended up being someone else.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Jeff Probst has a new website: http://www.jeffprobst.com/ and he is trolling Twitter for suggestions for Celebrity Survivor played for charity. I don't think he's serious, but he did say a long time ago that that was how he saw the last season--a cast of stars for the last hurrah.

I think they should have jumped on that a long time ago. I remember when Arnold Schwarzenegger was all gung ho to do it--that would have been hiliarious.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast