Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Survivor Redemption Island Thread

Cast announced

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/?ttag=tv;survivor

And there are two returning players that are unknown right now.

The spoiler which said that nutcase Carrie Prejean of Miss California USA fame wasn't true. Sigh...was hoping the spoiler on who's going to return wasn't true either.

Spoiler

Re-registered User
    vCash
    A new season deserves a new thread.

Spoiler

‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I'm so glad for a new season. I am a true fan, but had to quit watching last season, it was such a disappointment. It's the only season I've missed. I don't even know who won. Onward to better things!!!
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    The sheer amount of contestants from California is disgusting. Some geographic diversity would be nice!!

ETA:

Spoiler

vCash
    Can't wait. Cast seems young.
    I am so amused that Russel is their least favorite. I never wanted Russel to win, but he is so entertaining and he played the game. I am still mad at him for ousting Boston Rob, but I don't mind he is playing again.
    To me the least favorite should be someone like Kelly Purple, who did nothing and quit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    The sheer amount of contestants from California is disgusting. Some geographic diversity would be nice!!
    A lot of people move here, so I wouldn't say that they are 'from' here. Survivor would serve themselves better if they told us where they were from NOT where they live. I grew up in Pennsylvania, but live in California... so would that make it irritating if I got on the show? I do wish that they would cast REAL people, however, and not people who already have ties to the entertainment industry (or other reality whores).

When I get casted, I want it to be about the experience of the game. Once the game is over, I will go back to my life. I don't need to do public speaking engagements, etc. To play the game would be reward enough.

vCash
    Wow, another contestant from near where I grew up. Big Tom was from about 20 minutes away from where I grew up. Ralph is from the next town over from where my parents live.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    A lot of people move here, so I wouldn't say that they are 'from' here. Survivor would serve themselves better if they told us where they were from NOT where they live. I grew up in Pennsylvania, but live in California... so would that make it irritating if I got on the show? I do wish that they would cast REAL people, however, and not people who already have ties to the entertainment industry (or other reality whores).
    I think what really gets my panties in a wad about the issue is how lazy the casting department is. What's the point in applying anymore when you have a better chance of being selected for the show in clubs and bars in the Southern California area? So in that sense, yes, it is irritating to me... but then again I have a degree in geography and I'd love to see people from all over the country be mixed in. There was one past season where there were like 7 contestants living in LA alone. I read an interview with someone else that said they automatically felt left out and at a disadvantage because those players would talk about their favorite restaurants, salons, and hang-outs with each other.

vCash
    Well the worst kept secret in Survivor-land is out, Russell & Boston Rob are back for another season:

http://www.people.com/people/article...457108,00.html

Love me some Boston Rob so I might tune in to watch this season. Have taken the last 3 off so the show should be "fresh" again. Well as fresh as it can be for having them back once again. I am just glad its not Rupert and Russell!! And I am interested in seeing how Redemption Island plays out.

vCash
    Russellllllll !!! whoohooooo
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    "Having never been awarded the title of Sole Survivor, Hantz and Mariano return to compete for the $1 million prize and one last shot at redemption,"

Don't tease me like this, CBS. We all know that you will bring them back if you can.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    "Having never been awarded the title of Sole Survivor, Hantz and Mariano return to compete for the $1 million prize and one last shot at redemption,"

Don't tease me like this, CBS. We all know that you will bring them back if you can.

If they could, they'd have Boston Rob play Survivor every season. Not sure about Russell but Rob is beloved by both Probst and Burnett. And since this is his SEVENTH CBS show, I guess the suits at CBS love him too.

Survivor Marquesas
    Survivor All Stars
    TAR 7
    Rob & Amber get Married
    TAR All Stars
    Survivor All Stars part deux
    Survivor Redemption Island

That's pretty incredible that a construction worker from Boston has been able to parlay an entire career out of CBS. And gotten a wife and two daughters out of it too!

vCash
    His on-screen caption should read "Professional Survivor player" as his occupation.

vCash
    I'm not crazy about the idea of Russell coming back, but I do luuuurves Boston Rob!

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    It´ll only be a good idea if Boston Rob outwits, outplays and outlasts Russell.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash

One of the charms of Survivor is that it throws together 16-20 people whom the audience has never met before and who don't know anything about each other. Very few contestants have been anywhere near as interesting the second time around, let alone more interesting (Parvati and Sandra being the two exceptions who immediately come to mind).

Casting people who have competed two or three times before is tantamount to using Z-List celebrities, and Rob and Russell are particularly excruciating examples.

Clueless American
    vCash
    Ugh ugh ugh. I can't stand Rob. I was so happy when they didn't initially announce Rob and Russell for the next show, but unfortunately they just wanted not to reveal that part yet.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    The diversity of opinion - and the fact that everyone has one - is exactly why Rob and Russell are back. Controversy sells.

vCash
    Here's the castaways - as usual a pretty telegenic bunch:

http://tv.yahoo.com/survivor-redempt...45888/photos/1

They obviously cast in L.A. - the majority of the contestants are from Santa Monica, Weho, etc.

vCash
    If Probst is to retire sometime, we can always count on Boston Rob to take over...

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast