Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    I don't mind a little cuddling when we first get into bed. But after about 15-20 minutes, I'm done. I just cannot fall asleep that way. Mr. nerdycool loves to cuddle, so I try to compromise with him... and for the most part, he's good about it. It's more difficult in the winter though, because he gets cold and wants to steal my warmth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    My parents rarely sleep in the same bed. They sleep way better apart. They've been married 36 years so I guess it works
    I find this is often true when one of the couple has sleep apnea. I know at least 2 couples that have been separated by the snoring. Other than that they have plenty of going on. I don't like to be in the same room with them at times.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I am a cuddler and luckily DF is too. We snuggle up to watch a movie in bed and 99% of the time I fall asleep on his chest. Lately though I'm having such a hard time getting comfortable that I'm constantly tossing and turning from one side to the other and neither of us get any sleep lol. I do love having someone to sleep with.. it would feel weird now to sleep by myself.

vCash
    I love snuggling. Although FI says I steal the covers. I beg to differ lol

vCash
    Well,when I was married,I liked my own space to sleep,I didn't like being cuddled while trying to go to sleep.

vCash
    I sleep so much better when I'm cuddled up with my SO. Maybe it's just because we're long-distance (for now) and the nights we have together are limited, but I'm just so much more comfortable knowing that he's right there with me and I'm not alone in my bed thinking about when the next time I'm going to see him is.

vCash
    Thanks for all the reports. I thought it might just be me, so I'm glad I'm not the only one!

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    I'm more of a strangler. Sometimes I share a TWIN bed with my friend, and we're two grown-ass men (we ain't even together - I just have to work super late shifts near where he lives sometimes). I have really crazy apocalyptic dreams. Once, I literally open my eyes and saw my hands around his neck. He was just staring at me, awake.

Me: "What the hell? Weren't you even going to stop me??!"
    Him: "No, I knew you'd wake up before you actually strangled me."
    Me: "STOP BEING SO TRUSTING. I COULD HAVE KILLED YOU. CHOP OFF MY HANDS NEXT TIME."

I think I was having a nightmare about my sister.

And I hate his blankets. He has like 9 layers of scratchy asbestos pulled up only to nipple level. And his pillows are extra firm and extra thick! I always wake up completely underslept, sweating, with a dislocated neck.

That said, he hates my sink-into-this-nest-of-softness bed, face deeply imbedded into my pillow, big comforter pulled over my shoulders.

I want a California king so I can jump and flip before conking out in a giant X position every night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    I don't mind a little cuddling when we first get into bed. But after about 15-20 minutes, I'm done. I just cannot fall asleep that way.
    Another vote for this! I have a hard time falling asleep just generally and having someone touching me doesn't help at all.

I'm also just a hard person to sleep with in general, as everyone has told me that I steal blankets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12