Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Survivor: Nicaragua

Just a reminder that the new season starts tonight on it's NEW night (Wednesdays), 8pm on CBS!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/ Official site with cast bios and previews.

vCash
    Jimmy Johnson? Seriously? I really want to see what his hair looks like after a few days out there, but I'm not a fan of stunt casting. ABC has tried casting celebrities 'stranded' in a 'jungle', and look how well that worked. Ugh.

That said, I'd love to see him voted out first so they can get on with the game. It has an interesting premise.

vCash
    I think J.J.'s celebrity status will put him at a great disadvantage unless he can win people over quickly with his charms. He will be an obvious target to pick on early.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Whee!!!!

(When does Amazing Race start?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    It has an interesting premise.
    I don't know who to root for. I'm not eligible for either team. According to Survivor, I'm neither young nor old.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Who is Jimmy Johnson?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Who is Jimmy Johnson?
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/cast/21/jimmy-j

Two-time Super Bowl champion coach of the Dallas Cowboys, among other achievements.

vCash
    More known now for his hair (which looks bullet and windproof) and snazzy shirts. Which reminds me, I read a link this morning that he's a long time fan who has applied several times to be on the show. Oh, and I'm a long time fan of his coaching ability (just not the idea of a celebrity being on Survivior - too annoyed by too many reality 'stars' dancing I guess).

vCash
    They had that other football guy on several seasons ago - I actually thought it was funny that they had a sportscaster as another contestant and she ID'ed him But I take it Jimmy Johnson is more easily identifiable than the other guy?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    Whee!!!!

(When does Amazing Race start?)
    Sept. 26!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Who is Jimmy Johnson?

That's exactly what I was thinking! I always scratch my head when there are posts that assumes John Q. Public knows (or cares) who that person is. Football? Some men grow up, others play football!

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Well, you know, if Joe Namath were going to be on the show, or Mean Joe Greene I'd know who it was

Football seems to be the great American pastime, but I know a lot more individual basketball players' names. Probably because there are fewer players on the court (field) at a time. And they don't wear helmets so we can see their faces. But I'm guessing a 7' guy would kind of stand out on Survivor

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'd know any football'er on Survivor if they had competed on a past season of Dancing With The Stars.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Ironically, the other "big name" football contestant on Survivor was Gary Hogeboom, who had been quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, which were coached by Jimmy Johnson...
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    pml, I go to read the paper at lunch and there's an article about Jimmy Johnson being on Survivor!

vCash
    Pretty good ep, although as usual I only know about a third of the cast. A vote came up for "eve" and I was all who the hell is that?!? Glad Wendy Jo was voted off...she was beyond annoying.

Jimmy T seems like a loose cannon. I can see people keeping him around if he has any value in challenges, because he will have a big target on his back.

Ugh - Jud/Fabio seems like a stupider version of Johnny Foreplay.

Love that the eliminated players have to walk through a graveyard

next week looks like a zinger!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Pretty good ep, although as usual I only know about a third of the cast. A vote came up for "eve" and I was all who the hell is that?!?
    Yve Rojas: Long, straight dark hair, youngest person on the tribe. She's one I know because all the people on Sucks were swooning over her when she first turned up as contestant.

I thought it was interesting that Wendy Jo (I think) voted for her. We didn't see any interaction between them at camp, but they seemed to dislike one another already at Tribal.

Jimmy T seems like a loose cannon. I can see people keeping him around if he has any value in challenges, because he will have a big target on his back.
    Lots of big Type-A personalities on the older tribe. I foresee many clashes and lots of dysfunction there.

Jimmy Johnson's coaching cracked me up. It was like listening to some movie role grandfather counseling the youngins.

And absolute to Jane for finally bringing along a pair of reading glasses and knowing how to use them. FINALLY someone who was paying attention and practiced.

Nice to see some actual fans of the show!
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    I know - HUGE to Jane!!!! Love how even jeff was shocked that anyone listens to him

I just read the recap at EW. Dalton Ross was there for the beginning of the season and shared some things not shown. Apparently during the IC, Jimmy T decided to try to confuse the other team by yelling at them...but his own team ended up getting confused and Jimmy J told him to shut it. That may be why Jimmy T was so incredibly incensed at Jimmy J afterwards (I was kinda confused about why he was sooooooo pissed that he had to go calm down).

Also - Wendy talked WAY more than we got to see. She did not shut up And then she got lost in the graveyard after her torch was snuffed

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2035...6283_5,00.html

vCash
    Also - Wendy talked WAY more than we got to see. She did not shut up And then she got lost in the graveyard after her torch was snuffed

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2035...6283_5,00.html

Thanks!
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    I'm enjoying it so far. I do wish that they had players who are in their 30's...just sayin.
    LOVE fire-maker Jane. Just for that, she should win the million dollars!

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast