Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash

Smile Denmark Has A New Prince *And* Princess

The Crown Prince Family welcomed their Twins into the World today. The little Prince was first and then followed by the little Princess a half hour later. Both are 5 pounds and respective ounces (saw it, but don't remember it) and they and their Mother, Crown Princess Mary, are all doing fine.

We won't know the names until after they're Christened in around three months time, as per Danish Royal Family tradition.

Been waiting all week for this announcement and so happy everything went well and everyone is doing well.

Congratulations to Fredrick, Mary, Big Brother Christian and Big Sister Isabella!!!

Welcome to the World Little Ones!!!

vCash
    Many congrats to Their Royal Highnesses!

Bedste ønsker for en lykkelig og sundt liv!

vCash

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Ooo, twins, and both above 2500 grams. Wonderful

vCash
    One of each. Nice.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Great news! Both over 5 pounds is fabulous for twins.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    And only one week before the due date - excellent! Glad mother and babies are in good health

vCash
    Yipeee, more twins! I just love twins, having one set of my own. And just like these two, my son made his appearance first -except in my case, he's older by ONE whole minute

As for their early appearance, is it true that they are only a week early but only something in the five pound range? Just curious because I was just under 4 weeks early and my two came in at 6-9 and 5-0 respectively and I'm not a large person.

Congrats to the proud parents.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Yes, it's true. They were due next week, and the girl is 46cm and weighs 2554 grams while the boy weighs 2674 grams and measures 47cm. I think that means the girl is about 5.6lbs and the boy 5.8.

A friend of mine had a baby last year, on time and only the one baby, and she was around the same weight.

vCash
    Welcome to the world, little ones!
    Congratulations, to the happy family.

vCash
    Hello has finally caught up w/things...

'We call him Prince Elvis' jokes Prince Frederik as he announces arrival of twins

BTW...Over at the Royalty MB I belong to, that triggered us "adopting" that as a name for the little boy. Someone thought it wasn't fair that the little Prince had a nickname, while his little sister didn't, so she looked up to see if there were any really well known female singers celebrating their birthday on Saturday. Turns out it was also Shirley Bassey's Birthday on Saturday.

Due to that, until the Christening and official naming, we're calling the Twins Elvis and Shirley over there.

Christian and Isabella visited their Mother and new siblings yesterday, but I haven't seen any pictures of them arriving or leaving. Which is a good thing IMO.

Also looks like a visit to Australia this year is in the works, but that's no big surprise. Of course they'd want to show off the newest members of the Family to the side that's Down Under.

Herald Sun ~ Royal twins of Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik to visit Australia

Still haven't heard when they're leaving the hospital, but I'm guessing Thursday at the latest.

vCash
    Prince Elvis and Princess Shirley are FABULOUS nicknames!

Mary and Fred, you listening? Name 'em Elvis and Shirley! Come on, HMQ Marge is totally hip and groovy, she'd probably love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Prince Elvis and Princess Shirley are FABULOUS nicknames!

Mary and Fred, you listening? Name 'em Elvis and Shirley! Come on, HMQ Marge is totally hip and groovy, she'd probably love it.
    They would be great names!

vCash
    The Crown Princess and the Twins all went home earlier today. In the pictures of the Gallery links below, Mary is holding the little Prince and Frederick his little Princess...

Getty Images ~ TRH Crown Prince and Princess leave hospital w/their Twins

Daylife.com ~ Gallery of Pictures of TRH and their Twins leaving hospital

They are so cute and that hair!!

Can't wait for the first Official Family pictures w/the Twins w/their Big Brother and Sister.

vCash
    This was posted at the Official Dansih Royal Family website on Monday...

Thank you for all the congratulations

Issued Monday January 24, 2011

Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess are very touched by the warm wishes and congratulations they have received on the occasion of the birth of their twins on January 8, 2011.

Unfortunately, we are unable to respond personally to each and everyone of the overwhelming amount of greeting letters that have been received.

Their Royal Highnesses would like to express their heartfelt thanks to all those who have sent letters of warm wishes and congratulations.

Christian Schønau
    Chief of the Court of
    TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess
    A really lovely and classy thing to do IMO, as it says up there, they can't reach everyone to thank personally, so...

vCash
    The day Royal Watchers like me have been waiting for since the Twins and Mary left the hospital has arrived at last!!

The Court released the Official Pictures of the Happy Family today.

The Official Website of The Royal Family of Denmark ~ Photo Gallery

Obviously click on the arrows going in the forward direction to see them all.

They're too adorable!!

Comansnala?
    vCash
    Awww, too cute for words!!!!
    Wish there would be a photo of the "entire" family, though ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokko! View Post
    Awww, too cute for words!!!!
    Wish there would be a photo of the "entire" family, though ...
    I know!! However, the little Princess had to go back to hospital a week or so ago due to her coming down w/a cold, which in turn, she developed a fever. She ended up having to stay over night, but thankfully that was all. So if Christian or Isabella had a bit of a buggie boo when these were taken, that could explain why it's just the Twins and Mary and Fredrick.

Regardless...They are just too adorable!!

vCash
    Yesterday was Christening Day and...

They're no longer "Elvis and Shirley".

His Royal Highness Prince Vincent Frederik Minik Alexander

and

Her Royal Highness Princess Josephine Sofia Ivalo Mathilda.

Those strange looking third names? They're Greenlandic names and a nice nod to Greenland IMO.

Royalty.nu blog ~ Denmark's royal twins christened Vincent and Josephine

Official Pictures at the Danish Royal Family Website

vCash
    I'm glad these two cuties finally got their names, mouthfuls that they are!

And I have to admit, I was curious to know what jewel CP Mary would receive for the twins. In the Danish royal family, it's tradition to give the mother a gift of sapphire jewelry. For Prince Christian, Mary received the lovely brooch she was wearing at the twins' christening (it was a family heirloom). For Princess Isabella, she received a pendent. There are guesses that since she gave birth to twins, she should get earrings, since there would be 2 of them. But there was no evidence of her wearing any new jewelry at the christening. So maybe she got a new tiara? Wishful thinking on my part, since she *only* has 2, and borrows a 3rd from a jeweler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast