vCash

Jeremy Ten out of Canadians due to ankle surgery

This article link was originally posted in the Canadian Championships forum in Kiss and Cry:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mevrouw View Post
    Here's the link to the Globe & Mail article that he cites in a tweet:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1862617/

Guess he's been in a LOT of pain for quite a while. Hope this is successful and he can come back better.
    Best wishes to him for a full recovery for next season!

P.S. He's an active tweeter : http://twitter.com/j3r3bear
    He tweeted that he'd like to work with Tom Dickson and I hope he gets the opportunity to do so!

A sampling of his tweets:
    [Jan. 5th]: The surgery went well and I can't wait to get better and back onto the ice!

[Jan. 6th]: Thanks everyone for the kind messages! Already missing the ice and can't wait to get back to pain free training Going to be a good year!

[In reply to what piece of music he'd like to skate to someday] Clair De Lune! When I'm good enough to do it justice I would love to skate to that
    Last edited by Sylvia; 01-08-2011 at 08:27 PM.

vCash
    I'm glad that he was able to get his surgery done now rather than his original wait list position of March -- hopefully he can get his rehab done soon enough to compete well next fall with the earlier surgical date. Do patients in Canada "in a lot of pain" normally have to wait a couple of months for surgery like this?

vCash
    I realize the body's still warm but cut to me picking the jewelry off:

My wish list for the third spot for Tokyo in order (assuming I have to resign myself to the fact that Chan and Reynolds are going):

Craig (he's old...but fit...last chance)
    Martinez (behind Craig only because he'll have another chance)
    Sawyer
    Russell (I'm over him)
    Rogozine (send him to JW)
    Morais (send him to JW)
    Firus (go get a 3A and then I'll be on the bandwagon fully)

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    I'm glad that he was able to get his surgery done now rather than his original wait list position of March -- hopefully he can get his rehab done soon enough to compete well next fall with the earlier surgical date. Do patients in Canada "in a lot of pain" normally have to wait a couple of months for surgery like this?
    It depends on where it was done. I can only speak for Ontario and my own experiences, but w/all of my previous foot surgeries, I was looking at about a year's wait. I did have an option to go on the Cancellation List, and thanks to not being able to work due to other health issues, I was able to do that very thing and get in far sooner.

Too though, my foot and ankle surgeon is one of the best in Canada and sees sometimes well over 100 patients during his Clinic days. So that's also a factor when it comes to wait times as well.

Things are so screwed up Health wise in Canada right now, it doesn't surprise me Jeremy would have had such a long wait time *and* also be in pain too. I'm glad his surgery went so well and hope he's back on the ice very soon.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I hope Jeremy comes back better and stronger than ever! Wishing him much health and happiness!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    That's a shame! I hope things go well with the recovery.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    oh,I really like his this season's programs

vCash
    Gee, that's too bad. May he have a full & speedy recovery!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I love his tweets - he comes across like such a nice, fun person. I'm sorry he's missing Nationals, but I wish him a quick and full recovery.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Do patients in Canada "in a lot of pain" normally have to wait a couple of months for surgery like this?
    It depends on how well the person is functioning. In Jeremy’s case he was still able to do most of his normal activities so he wouldn’t have been considered a top priority. Surgery is usually expedited in cases where the patient is significantly disabled (e.g. Bryce Davison). Get better soon Jeremy! We’ll miss you in Victoria.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I didn't know he was in such a pain when I saw him competing at GPS I hope this surgery takes away his problem permanently and comes back strong. His SP this season is a masterpeice.

vCash
    I'm reposting the following supportive message from the Canadians forum in Kiss and Cry to this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Jeremy recently tweeted that he'd been admitted to hospital for a night or two needing lab tests (made me wonder if the doctors were thinking pyelonephritis). What a lousy break he's had. I'm so sorry he can't be at Nats.

Hope the ankle surgery went well and he can come back strong next season. And keep that sp!!!

living every minute
    vCash
    Jeremy has tweeted that his post-op stay at the hospital was to do with problems swallowing - possibly caused by pain meds. He's home again now and feeling good. The operation was on his ankle - see the Bev Smith article in the first post for details.

Jeremy had another foot problem in 2010 but I don't think that this is related. But I could be wrong.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

vCash
    Thanks for the info Mevrouw - I must have missed that tweet.

vCash
    Poor guy!!

(come back, Jeffy! win another title!!)

living every minute
    vCash
    Here are the three tweets about having to go back to the hospital on Jan. 9/10:

Had to go to emergency. Been here for 10 hours and now has to stay overnight me no likey hospitals.

After 3 bags of IV, 2 blood tests, 3 urine tests and xrays, I was discharged this morning. Never been poked with so many needles in my life.

Fevers gone down but may have minor ulceration in my stomach or esophagus Thank u for all the kind tweets! So happy to be home!!!
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato