Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    But here at the end he says that he definitely tries to come back:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot10Jk_eIWE
    Thanks for posting, I had no chance to watch the clip before.

As for trying, he may will try to come back.
    Last edited by igniculus; 01-10-2011 at 10:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    That excerpt makes me feel so sad for Johnny. He might just as well stand there and scream, "ME! ME! ME! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!! I MEAN IT! LOOK AT ME RIGHT NOW!!!" Because that's how it reads.
    His hair reminds me of how Time magazine described Elvis Presley's hair in one of Elvis' later movies: "a swatch of hot buttered yak wool".
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Johnny MUST come back! Imagine - an Olympics in Russia without Johnny?
    oh I am sure he will be there

he will be commentating on some Russian version of the Today show, but he will be there
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    That excerpt makes me feel so sad for Johnny. He might just as well stand there and scream, "ME! ME! ME! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!! I MEAN IT! LOOK AT ME RIGHT NOW!!!" Because that's how it reads.
    harsh, but more than an element of truth in it.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    If Johnny thinks Michael Weiss is "big and hulking", Johnny must be smaller than he looks.
    There was a time when Weiss was heavily into weight lifting and looked fairly bulky. Later on he admited that he got carried away and it impacted his skating so he toned it down.

This was also his period of intense foot-in-mouth disease.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Given most of the posts are about Michael W, the book must be pretty boring.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I used to work for a well-known modern choreographer who toured nationally. One of her company dancers (a woman in her mid-20s at the time) got really shitfaced at a party and broke her ankle doing repeated leaps off the end of a couch in someone's back yard. She wasn't able to dance for over a year - and suffice it to say she did not get to rejoin the company. The choreographer was furious, because she had to recast for an upcoming tour, and I just remember thinking, what a fcuking idiot to throw away something you've worked so hard for over something so stupid.
    This is why Michael Phelps has said he's not allowed to ski or even run anymore - the risk of injury is too high.

But injuring yourself like that (or a headstand contest) is infinitely more stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    OMG... it's worse then I expected (and I had pretty low expectations)..... The excerpt made People Magazine look like litature. I think I am not even bothering to buy it in the bargin bin....
    I know. I only got through the first paragraph and decided it was wasting my time.

His hair reminds me of how Time magazine described Elvis Presley's hair in one of Elvis' later movies: "a swatch of hot buttered yak wool".

I used to live in Adam's curls, but he cut them - so now I'm homeless. =o(
    vCash
    Doesn't that sound like he is finished his competitive career and not coming back?
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    Seriously, was there any doubt? It's clear he is done with competitive figure skating.
    Johnny was on the Today Show and said that he plans on heavy training this spring and hopefully returning to competitive skating in the near future. So

@ 6:00 mark!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Z7SsRC3Dc

vCash
    Has Johnny taken over the Michael Weiss School of Humility and renamed it the Johnny Weir School of Narcissim?

That excerpt does not make me want to buy that book.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I wish I could get back the time I wasted reading that. I wonder if that's typical of the book as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Remember -- Who is headlining the 'Family Values Tour' (a.k.a. SOI) and who has been left off that tour, even though he could help sell a gazillion tickets?
    Maybe it didn't have anything to do with "family values" (which I'm no fan of). Maybe the folks at SOI simply saw an advance copy of that book excerpt.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Feckin' priceless!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    He always said that he was going to write a book after he was done with competitive skating, so the fact that the book is out pretty much tells me he is moving on. Could he try to make a comeback as many others have done in the past? Sure. But I wouldn't hang any hopes on that happening.
    I would think it would be important for him to get his book out ASAP regardless of his future skating plans while there is still some buzz surrounding him from the Olympics, his TV show, etc.

vCash
    Wow. This is really something.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    If that's the general tone of this book, I'd rather read Paradise Lost than this drivel .

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I rather enjoyed reading it because of the enthusiasm.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    If that's the general tone of this book, I'd rather read Paradise Lost than this drivel .

Yes. If it is all about makeup and clothes and being thrilled to be around "Stars" that nobody has ever head of...I'd rather read a copy of Sixteen Magazine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    The name-dropping is sickening...I'd hate to think he wrote that himself.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    OMG! My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be and I couldn't find my reading glasses when I first saw this! At first, I thought what you posted said " a blotch of hot battered wak drool"!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I'd really like to see Johnny do well but this book reads like something that was edited out of Us Weekly because it was not up to their standards.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Honestly, just the title of the article was enough to turn me off, but I tried reading it..I got as far as mentioning his manager Tara's name and gave up. Oh, Johnny......
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast