Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    His quad comment in the interview made it sound like more than just two.
    Well, he's had a lot of "pretty close" ones, I think.

vCash
    Johnny has even admitted in interviews that he's not nice to his competitors, that he can be pretty nasty. I guess it does work both ways.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    That makes sense. But does anyone have a quote of what Mike actually said to the press at the time? Perhaps his words were more blunt and thus easy to misinterpret.
    I looked a bit online and couldn't find a direct quote. Weir's online journal from that event says something to the effect that he "became aware" that Weiss was calling his skating "junior-ish" but doesn't give a source.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Well, he's had a lot of "pretty close" ones, I think.
    Those are the ones I remember. The two-footed landings that made Hamilton squeal "He ALLLLLMOST had that!"
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I looked a bit online and couldn't find a direct quote. Weir's online journal from that event says something to the effect that he "became aware" that Weiss was calling his skating "junior-ish" but doesn't give a source.
    OK, thanks for the info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luCN View Post
    wow,I never thought Michael Weiss will be the first big name in the book in this way

any more details about the book?

and could you please tell me about the withdraw for GPF thing?
    At a party following Cup of Russia, a tipsy Johnny spotted Evan sitting in a corner, and challenged him to a handstand contest. They adjourned to a hallway upstairs, where Johnny was "losing terribly" and then "came down wrong" on the toe of his "very pointy gray leather boots," spraining his ankle. There went the GPF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    At a party following Cup of Russia, a tipsy Johnny spotted Evan sitting in a corner, and challenged him to a handstand contest. They adjourned to a hallway upstairs, where Johnny was "losing terribly" and then "came down wrong" on the toe of his "very pointy gray leather boots," spraining his ankle. There went the GPF.
    Thank you !

I don't know what to say

vCash
    Thank you !

I don't know what to say
    "Ouch" does pretty nicely for me.

vCash
    This is so weird I don't have any idea what to say

ETA: Can most skaters do handstands? I can't...
    Last edited by mkats; 01-09-2011 at 04:40 AM.

vCash
    That's the funniest thing I've read tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acraven View Post
    I've never met Michael Weiss, but he's from my area. I've run into quite a few people--not all of them involved in figure skating--who know him, and the reports are 100% positive. Even aside from the training $$$ assistance his foundation provides to promising young skaters, Michael is clearly a class act.

However, it's possible for two people to respond negatively to each other, even if they are both "nice".
    Michael's said some things in the media that rubbed people the wrong way or seemed arrogant, but I just want to say that in person, at the Fairfax Ice Arena, he was always humble and a hard worker, with no attitude at all. I skated on some freestyle sessions with him and saw him often, back when he was becoming known and at the height of his skating career. While he was doing all his triples and quads, other lowly skaters like myself were scooting around doing singles, etc. with no problems. I've been on plenty of other sessions at other rinks where bratty "rink star" (or should I say, "rink star" in their own minds) kids are yelling for people to get out of their way, looking exasperated when people are supposedly in their space, disrespectful to other skaters, or are throwing hissy fits. I never heard any gossip about Michael being classless or an idiot.

With all that said, I am curious to read Johnny Weir's book, but no way am I going to pay $30 or whatever it currently costs for that. I'll read it at the book store or the library.

vCash
    You can get the book for a decent price on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-My-Wor...4550345&sr=8-1

He is currently: #12 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Biographies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    You can get the book for a decent price on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-My-Wor...4550345&sr=8-1

He is currently: #12 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Biographies
    and #1 in Books > Sports > Winter Sports > Ice Skating & Figure Skating

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    Wow, what a wretched cover. Very mid-90s.

If my library doesn't get it, I hope the local bookstore carries remainders.

Without having read any of it, though, I'm willing to bet Johnny hasn't *really* written a "tell-all". People tend to protect their images in autobiographies.
    Last edited by Quintuple; 01-09-2011 at 06:17 AM.

vCash
    and #1 in Books > Sports > Winter Sports > Ice Skating & Figure Skating

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    He took himself out of contention for the GPF after being injured in a freaking handstand contest?! What an idiot.

That he lost to Evan might be part of what has contributed to his animosity toward Lysacek. JMO, though…..
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Judging by this thread, Johnny wrote an entire book about Michael Weiss.

vCash
    Dear me, complete idiots. Both!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    Judging by this thread, Johnny wrote an entire book about Michael Weiss.
    Isn't that neat? Johnny has found his perfect post-skating calling...as a biographer. I wonder who his next book's gonna be about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    He has landed two: one during 2000 worlds short, the other one I think at 2005 world.
    also Lalique 2003 I think..

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast