Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Highly-Anticipated Kennedy Miniseries Canceled by History Channel!

"Not a Fit", they say....

“Upon completion of the production of The Kennedys, History has decided not to air the 8-part miniseries on the network,” a rep for the network tells The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. “While the film is produced and acted with the highest quality, after viewing the final product in its totality, we have concluded this dramatic interpretation is not a fit for the History brand.”
    I was kinda waiting for it to air, if only to see how bad Katie Holmes would be as Jackie....

vCash
    Is this the one that had the Project Runway tie in? The one that inspired Tim Gunn's raving podcast?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

94.500.000 kílómetrar frá sólinni (og enn frekar frá stjarnfræðilegur læsi).
    vCash
    "[...]not a fit for the History brand."
    UFOs in the Bible, but not this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    UFOs in the Bible, but not this?
    It's all about that quali-TAY TV, now ...

vCash
    Okay, this isn't a fit, but Ice Road Truckers, Pawn Stars, and all the other garbage they show now is?

Nice to see they cancel something that actually has to do with HISTORY, and keep on all the crap they show now.

Both the History Channel and A&E just need to change their names. There's hardly any history on the History Channel anymore, and there sure as heck is NO Arts and Entertainment on A&E

vCash
    Hopefully a pay-cable network will pick it up; I mean, it's finished and ready for viewing....seems like such a waste after getting all the big names to star in it and all.

vCash
    Well, we know Ted Sorensen spoke out against it when the show was still in the works, and wasn't he a sort of Kennedy lapdog?

One person online said that the miniseries must not have had enough material about Hitler or Nostradamus.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    One person online said that the miniseries must not have had enough material about Hitler or Nostradamus.
    or one of those awful Armageddon specials they always have.

vCash
    I like Pawn Stars.

(Will report to the guilty pleasures thread now)

vCash
    Maybe it was too historically accurate for The History Channel.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I like Pawn Stars.
    I do too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I was kinda waiting for it to air, if only to see how bad Katie Holmes would be as Jackie....
    I'm waiting for Tom Cruise to jump up and down on a couch and blame the cancellation on the anti-Scientologist conspiracy in Hollywood...
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Maybe it just wasn't very good and the History Channel turned it down because it sucked. However, to be professional they aren't going to blame the director, actors, writers, etc and just go with a "its not you, it's me" approach? I could see that happening.

Or, according to this quote, it was just not very accurate and they considered too much along the lines of "historical fiction."

We recognize historical fiction is an important medium for storytelling and commend all the hard work and passion that has gone into the making of the series, but ultimately deem this as the right programming decision for our network."
    Last edited by BigB08822; 01-08-2011 at 08:59 PM.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I think it was an unflattering portrayal and pressure from liberal Hollywood may have got it derailed. JMHO.
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemommy View Post
    I think it was an unflattering portrayal and pressure from liberal Hollywood may have got it derailed. JMHO.
    Oh, please. What unflattering thing about the Kennedys could they possibly come up with that the world doesn't already know about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I'm waiting for Tom Cruise to jump up and down on a couch and blame the cancellation on the anti-Scientologist conspiracy in Hollywood...

overedge, overedge, overedge, you're being glib....(reference to Tom's unfortunate interview with Matt Lauer).

vCash
    Oh, please. What unflattering thing about the Kennedys could they possibly come up with that the world doesn't already know about?
    Lol, ITA!!!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Maybe it just wasn't very good and the History Channel turned it down because it sucked. However, to be professional they aren't going to blame the director, actors, writers, etc and just go with a "its not you, it's me" approach? I could see that happening.

Or, according to this quote, it was just not very accurate and they considered too much along the lines of "historical fiction."
    Oh, so NOW they decide to have standards?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post

Both the History Channel and A&E just need to change their names. There's hardly any history on the History Channel anymore, and there sure as heck is NO Arts and Entertainment on A&E
    How I miss the days when most of the SOI tour was shown on A&E (during the tour). Much better than NBC's coverage. Same thing for the entire Boston Pops "Pops Goes the Fourth" concert. We used to get the whole thing. Now we're lucky just to get the last hour if that on the regular networks.

vCash
    I like Pawn Stars.

(Will report to the guilty pleasures thread now)
    Me too. I love seeing what people bring in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast