Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    How come I've never heard of Peggy Sue Got Married?

I know I saw it, in the theatre, when it first came out but I honestly have almost no recollection of the movie at all. I guess that's how much it impressed me. I might watch it again sometime to see if it does anything for me now.

And weird that people like the Lakehouse. I also saw that when it first came out and honestly thought it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I remember posting that right here as soon as I returned home, I was so over it. I've since seen it in TV and it didn't seem as bad as when I first saw it. Not to say it was now good or anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    And weird that people like the Lakehouse.
    I like The Lake House also, but timing is everything. I'd had a long, crummy week at work and I needed a piece of total inconsequential fluff to cheer me up and distract me.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Add my votes for Pleasantville (funny, didn't really think of it as "time travel" before this thread but I guess it is, kinda), Peggy Sue Got Married, and Frequency, all superb. The Time Bandits was lots of silly fun. I also liked The Lake House more than I thought I would. And I even liked The Time Traveller's Wife -- probably because I went in with rock-bottom low expectations.

The tv-movie adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time was pretty bad, but I mention it just to plug the excellent book on which it was based.

Doctor Who -- particularly "NuWho" -- is the time travel TV series by which all others are judged. There were also some great time-travel episodes of Star Trek, particularly "Trials & Tribble-ations" (DS9), the series finale of Voyager, and "Tapestry" (TNG) -- others too but those are the ones off the top of my head.

vCash
    Re - Peggy Sue Got Married - not a great movie, a good one with some nice moments.
    My fav - Peggy Sue is in math class (algebra I think), and when the teacher asks her a question, she states she knows for a fact she will never need to know it. hee hee

Loved Somewhere in Time (C Reeve and J Seymour). Also loved Timeline - the book - will have to check out the movie.

vCash
    Interesting, until reading the original post, I never thought of Somewhere in Time as a time travel movie, although of course I know the plot very well, and of course it involves time travel. I always catagorized it as a romance movie. Its on my short list of all time favorite movies ever, and that says a lot since I'm not all that enamoured with romance movies. Thanks to the OP, I can now think of it as a time travel movie. LOL. But I do think it is THE best/most romantic movie I've ever seen.

vCash
    I loved the Philadelphia Experiment! I think it was mostly because of Michael Pare's excellent deep voice - gave me shivers.

and thank you Skatefan for id-ing Forever Young

vCash
    It's not technically "time travel", but Sliding Doors was a great alternate reality time line movie.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    It's not technically "time travel", but Sliding Doors was a great alternate reality time line movie.
    Well if we're opening that door (sorry), I'd say Me Myself I with Rachel Griffiths is a much better example.

vCash
    Has anyone seen Dreamship Surprise? A time travel film with a couch as a time machine.

It is a German film which is a take off of Star Wars and Star Trek and is hilarious. The crew of the ship are all gay. The problem when I saw it on DVD was the copy my friend got didn't have English subtitles. The thing was we could still understand what happened anyway. Funny thing was the songs were all sung in English.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Re - Peggy Sue Got Married - not a great movie, a good one with some nice moments.
    It is not a cinematographic masterpiece, but it has a lot of interesting “movie trivia” elements, such it being a rather unusual genre for Francis Ford Coppola; one of the first acting roles in a famous director’s movies for Jim Carey and Helen Hunt; the time traveler being a woman and “female perspective”, etc.

On the other note: Can “History of the World I and II” be classified as “Time travel movies”? The main characters do abruptly leave one historic time period and pop up in the other…. going forward….

Same question for “Logan’s Run”… The hero leaves his world and comes out in Washington DC, some post world holocaust event, when everything is in ruins… Relevant to our times it’s future…..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    On the other note: Can “History of the World I and II” be classified as “Time travel movies”? The main characters do abruptly leave one historic time period and pop up in the other…. going forward….
    Ooo yes I think so.

It's good to be the king!
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Count da Money: Sire, the peasants are revolting.

Da King: I'll say. They stink on ice!
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    I like Timeline because of Gerard Butler with his full Scottish accent.

vCash
    Aaaaagh!! History of The World Part I is one of my top 5 favorite comedies! LOL at the guy hawking plumbing in Rome: "It's amazing, it's astounding, get on the bandwagon - pipe the shit RIGHT out of your HOUSE!"

It must also be said that Madeline Kahn was a scream as Empress Nympho! God, that woman was hilarious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pilgrimsoul View Post
    Aaaaagh!! History of The World Part I is one of my top 5 favorite comedies! LOL at the guy hawking plumbing in Rome: "It's amazing, it's astounding, get on the bandwagon - pipe the shit RIGHT out of your HOUSE!"

It must also be said that Madeline Kahn was a scream as Empress Nympho! God, that woman was hilarious.
    Love Madeline Kahn. Yes No No No No No No Yes.

I also liked Spike Milligan as the father freeing the birds.

And can't forget Hilter on Ice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234