Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I'm not sure all of my selections count:
    1. Altered States
    2. Pleasantville
    3. Groundhog Day
    4. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (love, love, love the director)
    5. Star Trek: First Contact
    6. A Christmas Carol
    7. Frequency
    8. Peggy Sue Got Married
    9. Back To The Future
    10. Timeline

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post

2. Pleasantville
    I absolutely adore this movie! I think the cinematography is beautiful, and the use of music is fantastic. The "At Last" scene, when they are driving up to Lover's Lane is just stunning. I also love the timing of the "Take Five" scene where Tobey Macguire (sp?) is describing the books. Sigh. Plus, William H. Macy is perfect in his role. Love him.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Two indie movies I love are:

Late for Dinner, and
    The Spirit of '76

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post

2. Pleasantville

8. Peggy Sue Got Married
    Pleasantville I don't think is a genius movie, but I love it... Oh, I so love it....

Peggy Sue Got Married is a very profound movie, I always thought.... Love it!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Pleasantville was a great movie. How come I've never heard of Peggy Sue Got Married? I might Netflix it if hubby lets me into the queue.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Pleasantville was a great movie. How come I've never heard of Peggy Sue Got Married? I might Netflix it if hubby lets me into the queue.
    If your grand-parents passed away (I hope not yet).... you might cry watching this move.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I love 12 Monkeys and Pleasantville too.

The thing I remember most from Back to the Future is Michael J Fox in his underwear. I was 11 at the time I saw it.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I love 12 Monkeys and Pleasantville too.
    12 Monkeys demonstrated to me that Brad Pitt is not just another Hollywood pretty boy but a talented actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    If your grand-parents passed away (I hope not yet).... you might cry watching this move.
    I only have one grandparent left.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    What was the name of the movie about the guy from World War II who is discovered and awoken by a boy and is still the age he was when he disappeared then ages suddenly at the end of the movie? I think it had Jamie Lee Curtis and Mel Gibson in it. That is kind of time travelish.

And are you talking Grandparents and Peggy Sue in the 50's - oh my you are young. My parents are too old for that time-period let alone my grandparents.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    How come I've never heard of Peggy Sue Got Married? I might Netflix it if hubby lets me into the queue.
    Just be prepared for a real douchey accent from Nicholas Cage. You have been warned.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    I remember when Siskel and Ebert absolutely went gaga over Kathleen Turner's reaction when she answered the phone: And I have to admit...at that moment she went from looking like a woman in a teenagers garb to a teenager. Fine acting.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    The Philadelphia Experiment! A time travel movie that is based on a "true" story.

IMDB voters don't rate it very high (6.1) but I remember liking it a lot.

If you haven't seen Back to the Future, you are missing one of Michael J. Fox's most charming movies.
    Last edited by rjblue; 01-10-2011 at 01:51 AM.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Just be prepared for a real douchey accent from Nicholas Cage. You have been warned.
    ITA. I hated Nicholas Cage's character in that movie - I wanted to send him for speech therapy.

As a dedicated Quantum Leap fan, rumor has it that they're making a movie, but the producers don't want Scott Bakula or Dean Stockwell to reprise their roles. The fans, of course, started a online protest petition.

Back to the Future is always my first choice. God bless Michael J. Fox - he was wonderful in those movies. We just watched the marathon on TV last week, even though we own the collectors' DVDs. We constantly quote lines from the trilogy of BTTF.

Somewhere in Time is my second choice.

However, let's not forget about Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%2...lent_Adventure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    ITA. I hated Nicholas Cage's character in that movie - I wanted to send him for speech therapy.

As a dedicated Quantum Leap fan, rumor has it that they're making a movie, but the producers don't want Scott Bakula or Dean Stockwell to reprise their roles. The fans, of course, started a online protest petition.

Back to the Future is always my first choice. God bless Michael J. Fox - he was wonderful in those movies. We just watched the marathon on TV last week, even though we own the collectors' DVDs. We constantly quote lines from the trilogy of BTTF.

Somewhere in Time is my second choice.

However, let's not forget about Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%2...lent_Adventure
    I used to love Quantum Leap! TPTB are probably conceiving it as a big action film with lots of high-speed chases and explosions. Sam and Al are a little old for that kind of thing now. Isn't Dean Stockwell like 80? Maybe they can appear as mentors to the next generation of leapers.

Bill and Ted is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. When I saw it on TV, I was pleasantly surprised. It was much more clever than the stupid theatrical trailers had made it look. It's still ridiculous (in an amusing way.)

vCash
    Not sure if this qualifies but Momento with Guy Pierce. The film would not have worked if it didn't keep backtracking on itself.

Another vote for Back to the Future. All three are really good. And love Groundhog Day.

I will put a vote in for Blackadder's Christmas Carol.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I will put a vote in for Blackadder's Christmas Carol.
    Blackadder's Back and Forth too!

vCash
    We watch Groundhog Day every Groundhog Day in our house. I gave it to DH for Valentine's Day last year. I love the whole "learn to play the piano expertly, one day at a time" story arc.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    What about Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

ETA: FigureSpins beat me to it

vCash
    From an earlier era, one I don't think anyone has mentioned: Portrait of Jennie with Jennifer Jones and Joseph Cotton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    What was the name of the movie about the guy from World War II who is discovered and awoken by a boy ...
    Forever Young - lovely movie.

I loved The Lake House, The Time Machine (2002) with its fabulous soundtrack, Terminator series, Thrill Seekers (Casper van Dien), the ending of the first Planet of the Apes - love it The Two Worlds of Jennie Logan (Lindsay Wagner and Marc Singer).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast