Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    Phew! I finally read through all 16 pages of this thread, and I just wanted to see if anyone actually uses their eggs after the expiration date on the carton (or do you throw them away once the expiration date hits). I do, but just wanted to see if I'm not the only one around here.
    According to the Georgia Egg Commission they should be good at least another 2-3 weeks from when they were packed.

If I'm planning on deviled eggs, I always set some aside to "age". The real fresh ones don't peel very well.

Edited to add:

Place the egg into a bowl of water. The water level should be deeper than the egg's length.
    Observe what the egg does.
    Fresh eggs will sink to the bottom of the bowl and lie on their sides.
    Slightly older eggs (about one week) will lie on the bottom but bob slightly.
    If the egg balances on its smallest end, with the large end reaching for the sky, it's probably around three weeks old.
    Eggs that float at the surface are bad and should not be consumed.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Does Plushy flail like a drunk windmill?

I'm leaning towards 1 tulip and 1 chicken, but I'm still not certain. They will be displayed in my kitchen on a shelf, beneath a wall plate of two Russian peasants making mad whoopee in a wheat field. I think the tulip and the chicken will complement the scene.
    Well, send me a PM when you decide.... .
    does not much matter 39.99 or 69.00.... it's a pleasure to send out carfts and souvernirs.

But to the other "peasants" who prefer the $39.99 stuff.... How elitist of you.....

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    where are you going next tinami?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    I switched from almost exclusively using tea bags to mostly using loose tea since getting this tea infuser, it's brilliant, no trouble at all.

For Christmas I was given a Bodum teapot with a similiar infuser basket, with a handle to make it easy to lift out when it's hot, and love that too. Previously I've found teapots too much trouble because it's impossible to get all the tealeaves out without some of them ending up clogging up the sink.

I still don't buy the idea that loose tea is necessarily better than tea bags, but you can buy better quality tea and a much better range loose. I'm currently totally hooked on this
    My daughter got a similar infuser for christmas from my sister and loves it! In our family.. tea cures all! Heart break, ailments, celebrations - all need tea. Her nana's tea is so strong it's like soup.. I like it medium strong and DD likes in fairly strong. Hubby doesn't like it quite as strong.. Our favourite tea is English breakfast although after 4 or 5 cups I then like a lighter tea - like Earl Grey.. recently I was introduced to Lady Grey tea and really liked it and actually preferred it black. We also love green tea and will drink a couple of pots when eating Sushi I love tea..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    But did you not know, dears, that for green tea, the water has first to be boiled, then cooled to +70C, then you can insert the green tea leaves. It does not taste bitter, then, and keeps you young forever.
    But green tea doesn't taste bitter to me, even though I pour boiling water on the leaves.

However, if the keeping young forever part depends on the water being cooled to 70°C, in that case I shall start right now. Should we compare results around the 2034 olympics.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    But green tea doesn't taste bitter to me, even though I pour boiling water on the leaves.

However, if the keeping young forever part depends on the water being cooled to 70°C, in that case I shall start right now. Should we compare results around the 2034 olympics.
    I've been told that boiling water destroys the anti-oxidants and other nutrients in green tea, hence the cooler water.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I've been told that boiling water destroys the anti-oxidants and other nutrients in green tea, hence the cooler water.
    Oh no! I knew I was doing something wrong, otherwise I should look twenty.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Oh no! I knew I was doing something wrong, otherwise I should look twenty.
    Come visit our beauty thread, we all look twenty in there.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Come visit our beauty thread, we all look twenty in there.
    to be fair, the lights are very dim
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    to be fair, the lights are very dim
    and are generally Blanche DuBois kind of lights.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I like the chicken, but I like one of those $39.95 ones, too. The Polish peasant girl in me at such a price tag, though. The rabbit looks like it's asking for trouble. It may get smashed and then I'll be coming in here and saying people, I'm smashing up all my Delft egg cups just like Tinami!

I'll have to think about this and choose wisely.
    At $39.95 a pop...you would want to try to ensure that it was genuine Delft pottery before purchasing it. Genuine Delft pottery is made in the town of Delft in one of two or three factories. The pottery is hand made and painted, limited edition, with original factory markings.

It is quite pricey. I bought a small (about 4 inches) Delft pottery shoe ornament at one of the factories in March and paid 80 Euros for it.

Even at $39.95 for one egg cup...it may not be genuine Delft pottery.
    I'm not spoiled...I deserve all my stuff.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Which reminds me of one of the worst violations of tea on the planet - the dreaded hot water urn at meetings and events! They can label it "hot water for tea" all they want, they can clean it all they want, but you can still taste the coffee, blech!
    And the water is rarely actually hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    Phew! I finally read through all 16 pages of this thread, and I just wanted to see if anyone actually uses their eggs after the expiration date on the carton (or do you throw them away once the expiration date hits). I do, but just wanted to see if I'm not the only one around here.
    I've never looked at the expiration dates on the egg carton. So I'm guessing that I have.

However, if the keeping young forever part depends on the water being cooled to 70°C, in that case I shall start right now.
    I think I'll stick with running as my "live forever" strategy. I'm just not that found of green tea. No matter what temperature the water used to brew it is.

You people are making me want to buy an egg cup! But not one of those Delft ones. I want something contemporary.
    "Cupcakes are bullshit. And everyone knows it. A cupcake is just a muffin with clown puke topping." -Charlie Brooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skategal View Post
    At $39.95 a pop...you would want to try to ensure that it was genuine Delft pottery before purchasing it. Genuine Delft pottery is made in the town of Delft in one of two or three factories. The pottery is hand made and painted, limited edition, with original factory markings.

It is quite pricey. I bought a small (about 4 inches) Delft pottery shoe ornament at one of the factories in March and paid 80 Euros for it.

Even at $39.95 for one egg cup...it may not be genuine Delft pottery.
    Good point you brought up for pottery collectors. However, we must be careful with the word "Genuine".

There are 4 factories in Delft which produce Delftware. Each factory produces both, hand-crafted from scratch and properly kilned pieces, and less expensive tourist pieces that are mass-produced, not entirely hand-painted, minimally hand-painted, or hand-painted by a decal method.

Some pieces are all decorated on a decal, and then just few elements, few brush strokes are added, and technically it can be called “hand painted”.

The pieces which are hand-painted completely, each come with certificates and each certificate number is registered with Delft Chamber of Commerce.

But nobody expects little gadgets like tourist style egg-holders to be fully hand-painted by hand.

So something can be “authentic/genuine Delftware” from a local factory, but not 100% hand-painted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    You people are making me want to buy an egg cup! But not one of those Delft ones. I want something contemporary.
    Buy these! They come with matching egg cosies

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Hearts-...5005583&sr=1-5

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    Buy these! They come with matching egg cosies

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Hearts-...5005583&sr=1-5
    "Customers who bought this item also bought ..." http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paladone-Hap...ef=pd_sim_kh_7

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I drew this egg cup as a prize at a Christmas party last year. Haven't used it yet.
    my egg cup came in the mail today

it's freakin adorable, he has a little mallet, i guess for breaking it open and its own spoon

thanks fred, i love it!

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    my egg cup came in the mail today

it's freakin adorable, he has a little mallet, i guess for breaking it open and its own spoon

thanks fred, i love it!
    Another FSU success story!
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Good people of the FSU, I am here to tell you that our Tinami Amori is a woman of her word. My Delft egg cups have arrived! Say what you will of her.... say that she's an elitist snob who would rather sip champagne with Mr. Rourke than jump sharks with The Fonz, say that she's a tireless defender of twizzles Russian Aborigine style, say that she's a champion for twisted Chinese mothers. Say all that and other things, just don't say that she's a woman who welches on a deal.

In anticipation of questions from my little pony and IceAlisa....I got tulips and chickens.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Hey I love Tinami...she is won cool wamma jamma
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    yet another fsu success story and we have the egg cup to thank for it

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast