Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    If you find the ones with Gargoyles, let me know, I collect Gargoyles, but not Gnomes…
    Here's the website that photo came from. They have a shop.

http://www.neatorama.com/tag/egg-cup/
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I like the chicken, but I like one of those $39.95 ones, too. The Polish peasant girl in me at such a price tag, though. The rabbit looks like it's asking for trouble. It may get smashed and then I'll be coming in here and saying people, I'm smashing up all my Delft egg cups just like Tinami!

I'll have to think about this and choose wisely.
    I was serious if you want to pick a pair, or one this and one that...
    Anything to convert....

Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Here's the website that photo came from. They have a shop.

http://www.neatorama.com/tag/egg-cup/
    Thank you!

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    I was serious if you want to pick a pair, or one this and one that...
    Anything to convert....
    OK, I'll think about it. I'm leaning towards chicken and bunny, but this is not a decision to be taken lightly. Just understand, though, that they will be used on my grandmother's peasant table so it won't be a total conversion and a total win for you.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    If I had to pick, I'd get this one: http://www.hollandsbest.com/egg_hold.../da6530131.htm
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I'm leaning towards chicken and bunny
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    If I had to pick, I'd get this one: http://www.hollandsbest.com/egg_hold.../da6530131.htm
    It's pretty, and completely functional and practical which appeals to me. Sigh. So many things to think about...
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    It's pretty, and completely functional and practical which appeals to me. Sigh. So many things to think about...
    I just like that it's in a shape of a tulip. You know, Holland, tulips, windmills...plus it's purty and not too busy like some of the other ones. Just my taste.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I like the chicken, but I like one of those $39.95 ones, too. The Polish peasant girl in me at such a price tag, though.
    The Polish/Finnish peasant girl in me likes one of the $39.95 ones, too. Specifically, the one with the windmill design (would look lovely with my collection of windmill design Delft tiles), but I still wouldn't ever willingly eat a soft-boiled egg again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
    Phew! I finally read through all 16 pages of this thread, and I just wanted to see if anyone actually uses their eggs after the expiration date on the carton (or do you throw them away once the expiration date hits). I do, but just wanted to see if I'm not the only one around here.
    If they float, I don't use them. I always crack eggs into a separate dish before putting them into the bowl they will be mixed in and if they look or smell "off" I don't use them. I use a variety of eggs - bought hen eggs, hen eggs my own hens have laid, and goose eggs my geese have laid - and have never got sick, even after using eggs that are 3 months old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    Of course tea must be made in a separate pot and not in the cup - the horror of that thought! The water is boiled in the kettle, the pot is scalded first, then boiling water and tea in together for exactly the right amount of time for your tastes.

The only time I have ever put tea in my cup to brew is when I have had some simple herbal tea that is super weak and can't take more than a small amount of water.

Oh and my uncle who likes to think of himself as a proper Englishman says when pouring out your cup of tea, the milk goes in first. (Personally I don't use any additives.)
    That only applies to Black Tea. For loose leaf white tea and green tea, don't use boiling water. Let the water cool just a tad bit. Boiling water will destroy the delicate white/green tea flavor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    I buy these eggs sometimes. But it pains me that they go and ruin their decorating potential with that stamp!
    Oooh, those are the ones I was talking about when I said I'd had some! Expensive, but great eggs! Really fresh, and dark coloured yolk which means nutritious too

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    But very touristy - I suppose that appeals to you, too?
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    I am American and I do use egg cups as I like soft-boiled eggs. I think it might be generational though; I don't know if younger cooks use them.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I sometimes like to bring mementos from my trips. My favorite was a case of Limoncello from the Amalfi Coast. Touristy? Perhaps. Delicious? None of my family or friends considered it touristy or turned up their nose when I offered them a bottle. The only problem with this one is that it didn't last.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ice dance View Post
    If they float, I don't use them. I always crack eggs into a separate dish before putting them into the bowl they will be mixed in and if they look or smell "off" I don't use them. I use a variety of eggs - bought hen eggs, hen eggs my own hens have laid, and goose eggs my geese have laid - and have never got sick, even after using eggs that are 3 months old.
    When I was a kid we also broke them into a separate bowl to check them. More than once I got a fertalized egg that had a partial chick inside. Ewwwww

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    When I was a kid we also broke them into a separate bowl to check them. More than once I got a fertalized egg that had a partial chick inside. Ewwwww

When I was a kid, on more than one occasion, I tried to "hatch" an egg from the refrigerator. I would cover it with warm blankets and wait and wait. Nothing happened of course.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I sometimes like to bring mementos from my trips. My favorite was a case of Limoncello from the Amalfi Coast. Touristy? Perhaps. Delicious? None of my family or friends considered it touristy or turned up their nose when I offered them a bottle. The only problem with this one is that it didn't last.
    I wouldn't turn up my nose, either.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    I've eaten eggs that were 4-5 weeks past the expiration date and didn't have any issues... but then again I've always been blessed with a pretty impressive immune system. I earned the nickname of "iron stomach" after one wretched meal in Peru when everyone got salmonella/typhoid except for me

The worst was in college when I left a slice of pizza on top of the microwave for...a long time and forgot about it. I woke up one night, couldn't fall asleep, and thought about getting a snack, but didn't want to wake up the roomie sleeping three feet away. Aha! There was still pizza on top of the microwave, on top of the fridge! I ate the pizza and went back to sleep, leaving the plate where it was. In the morning there was a triangle of gray mold exactly bordering the place where the pizza used to be.

I didn't get sick but I am a bit more careful now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    I've eaten eggs that were 4-5 weeks past the expiration date and didn't have any issues... but then again I've always been blessed with a pretty impressive immune system. I earned the nickname of "iron stomach" after one wretched meal in Peru when everyone got salmonella/typhoid except for me

The worst was in college when I left a slice of pizza on top of the microwave for...a long time and forgot about it. I woke up one night, couldn't fall asleep, and thought about getting a snack, but didn't want to wake up the roomie sleeping three feet away. Aha! There was still pizza on top of the microwave, on top of the fridge! I ate the pizza and went back to sleep, leaving the plate where it was. In the morning there was a triangle of gray mold exactly bordering the place where the pizza used to be.

I didn't get sick but I am a bit more careful now...
    A guy from NY who was working with Mr. Barbk back in the 70s had a mom living in NY who believed that he couldn't get decent pizza in LA. She would Fedex a whole pizza to him every few weeks, he would happily eat it, and the rest of us were jealous because it always smelled good. This was your basic cheese and tomato pizza; no meats. He never got sick from it either, at least that we knew about.

Saint Smugpawski
    vCash
    Does Plushy flail like a drunk windmill?

I'm leaning towards 1 tulip and 1 chicken, but I'm still not certain. They will be displayed in my kitchen on a shelf, beneath a wall plate of two Russian peasants making mad whoopee in a wheat field. I think the tulip and the chicken will complement the scene.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast