View Poll Results: Who's the best example of WEHT Junior Ladies World Champion?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kristina Oblasova

    6 5.36%
  • Daria Timoshenko

    13 11.61%
  • Sydne Vogel

    25 22.32%
  • Elena Ivanova

    4 3.57%
  • Kumiko Koiwai

    5 4.46%
  • Jessica Mills

    3 2.68%
  • Cindy Bortz

    10 8.93%
  • Jennifer Kirk

    5 4.46%
  • Yukina Ota

    15 13.39%
  • Natalia Gorbenko

    5 4.46%
  • Ann Patrice McDonough

    20 17.86%
  • Other (please specify)

    1 0.89%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed!

    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    She did a Triple Toe Walley. On the second to the last jump, she is clearly on the inside edge when she picks.
    Yeah, that was definitely on the inside edge.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In my eatin' dress
    Posts
    908
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Only one other (than me) voted for jessica mills?

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,569
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20067
    I remember Jessica Mills. Too bad her senior career never really went anywhere. I really liked her style.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  4. #24
    Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near St Louis
    Posts
    16,066
    vCash
    24000
    Rep Power
    37422
    Anne Patrice McDonough was just in the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. She and another skater did a pairs skate in one number and she was the angel in the nativity scene finale of the show. It was on TV if anyone else caught it.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In my eatin' dress
    Posts
    908
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    She did a Triple Toe Walley. On the second to the last jump, she is clearly on the inside edge when she picks.
    wow that is the weirdest thing! thanks for pointing that out. i've only seen that before from a guy named konstantin kostin but never saw him try it in competition. btw komiko reminds me exactly of a young yuka sato: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDhVzhxMCDs

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,848
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    39581
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    From a purely technical perspective - the difficulty of Cindy's program actually stacks up very well with the ladies at senior Worlds (in 1987)
    Which means it'll probably stack up very well with the ladies at senior Worlds (in 2011).
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    With Daisuke-san
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,714
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yup,Daria Timoshenko was married to Igor Lukanin;-)don t know when they split... Timoshenko was really a very boring skater,as I remember her from euros. No spark or attack... I still had a soft spot for her,somehow...

  8. #28
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    42,395
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    25256
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    Foxy lady Kristina Oblasova. Huge talent, sexy, and partying diva. Would have been fun to have her around past 2000.
    She competed at 2004 Euros. I remember it because she took a gulp of water before one of her programmes and spat it out on to the ice before she started.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    977
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Kumiko Koiwai
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDxkaDQ34k

    I remember people were calling her the next Midori Ito..
    ...and for good reasons too, I believe

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Standing in Solidarity with Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    730
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Whatever did happen to Jenny Kirk, I know that she retired and went back to school, but she used to have a popular blog and twitter stream, yet, I have not heard anything from her in over a year?

    After Michelle, Jenny was always my favorite American lady, I loved her Chicago programs.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    'Me so ashamed of my English'
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    She competed at 2004 Euros. I remember it because she took a gulp of water before one of her programmes and spat it out on to the ice before she started.
    I remember because she had a superb cleavage!

    This was another *oh crap we have no one* period for Russia as they were throwing Nelidina, Oblassova and Bassova around in the hopes that one of them would do something....none of them did!

    Still, it was no 2007 when Petushkova/Dorinina and Ievleva were the best they had 4 years later.....

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    'Me so ashamed of my English'
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    Yup,Daria Timoshenko was married to Igor Lukanin;-)don t know when they split... Timoshenko was really a very boring skater,as I remember her from euros. No spark or attack... I still had a soft spot for her,somehow...
    She was part of that glum trio - Drei, Gizmo and Timo. They all just looked so depressed and beaten up. It was a sympathetic support

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,569
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20067
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    ...

    Still, it was no 2007 when Petushkova/Dorinina and Ievleva were the best they had 4 years later.....
    Aaahhh, the Crapova Sisters. They (along with Gozeva) all seem to have been banished to the Mall Rink of Forgotten Skaters.
    Last edited by Nomad; 01-07-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,424
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    How would skating history have changed if Sydne Vogel had become the bronze medalist at 1996 US Nationals?

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,333
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    For me, it's Elena Ivanova. It seems to me that this girl spent her whole career in the junior rank !

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    'Me so ashamed of my English'
    Age
    31
    Posts
    18,016
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    For me, it's Elena Ivanova. It seems to me that this girl spent her whole career in the junior rank !
    I don't know why that's but...it really is.

  17. #37

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,569
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20067
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    For me, it's Elena Ivanova. It seems to me that this girl spent her whole career in the junior rank !
    She had a brief senior career. She even medalled at a couple of B comps, like Finlandia and Nebelhorn.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    With Daisuke-san
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,714
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    I remember because she had a superb cleavage!

    This was another *oh crap we have no one* period for Russia as they were throwing Nelidina, Oblassova and Bassova around in the hopes that one of them would do something....none of them did!

    Still, it was no 2007 when Petushkova/Dorinina and Ievleva were the best they had 4 years later.....
    yes, I remember....Oblasova and Basova at Euros... and they did so badly I think none of them was send to worlds I think, but I don't remember who was sent instead? too lazy to look it up...anyone?

    Poths....yeah, I guess you're right....it was our sympathy for these poor girls.... and what about that other left out Russian skating for Armenia...with the great spins! What's her name again... My mind is completely not working now!

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,464
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20970
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    and what about that other left out Russian skating for Armenia...with the great spins! What's her name again... My mind is completely not working now!
    You mean Yulia Vorobieva, who skated for Azerbaijan? She did have great spins. And her career seems to have concluded ca. 2001.

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Deep in a Dream
    Posts
    7,569
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20067
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    yes, I remember....Oblasova and Basova at Euros... and they did so badly I think none of them was send to worlds I think, but I don't remember who was sent instead? too lazy to look it up...anyone?
    ...
    Slutskaya, Sokolova, and Volchkova. They finished 9th, 10th, and 15th.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •