View Poll Results: Who's the best example of WEHT Junior Ladies World Champion?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kristina Oblasova

6 5.36%
  • Daria Timoshenko

13 11.61%
  • Sydne Vogel

25 22.32%
  • Elena Ivanova

4 3.57%
  • Kumiko Koiwai

5 4.46%
  • Jessica Mills

3 2.68%
  • Cindy Bortz

10 8.93%
  • Jennifer Kirk

5 4.46%
  • Yukina Ota

15 13.39%
  • Natalia Gorbenko

5 4.46%
  • Ann Patrice McDonough

20 17.86%
  • Other (please specify)

1 0.89%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    She did a Triple Toe Walley. On the second to the last jump, she is clearly on the inside edge when she picks.
    Yeah, that was definitely on the inside edge.

vCash
    Only one other (than me) voted for jessica mills?

vCash
    I remember Jessica Mills. Too bad her senior career never really went anywhere. I really liked her style.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Anne Patrice McDonough was just in the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular. She and another skater did a pairs skate in one number and she was the angel in the nativity scene finale of the show. It was on TV if anyone else caught it.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    She did a Triple Toe Walley. On the second to the last jump, she is clearly on the inside edge when she picks.
    wow that is the weirdest thing! thanks for pointing that out. i've only seen that before from a guy named konstantin kostin but never saw him try it in competition. btw komiko reminds me exactly of a young yuka sato: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDhVzhxMCDs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    From a purely technical perspective - the difficulty of Cindy's program actually stacks up very well with the ladies at senior Worlds (in 1987)
    Which means it'll probably stack up very well with the ladies at senior Worlds (in 2011).
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Yup,Daria Timoshenko was married to Igor Lukanin;-)don t know when they split... Timoshenko was really a very boring skater,as I remember her from euros. No spark or attack... I still had a soft spot for her,somehow...

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    Foxy lady Kristina Oblasova. Huge talent, sexy, and partying diva. Would have been fun to have her around past 2000.
    She competed at 2004 Euros. I remember it because she took a gulp of water before one of her programmes and spat it out on to the ice before she started.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Kumiko Koiwai
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDxkaDQ34k

I remember people were calling her the next Midori Ito..
    ...and for good reasons too, I believe

vCash
    Whatever did happen to Jenny Kirk, I know that she retired and went back to school, but she used to have a popular blog and twitter stream, yet, I have not heard anything from her in over a year?

After Michelle, Jenny was always my favorite American lady, I loved her Chicago programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    She competed at 2004 Euros. I remember it because she took a gulp of water before one of her programmes and spat it out on to the ice before she started.
    I remember because she had a superb cleavage!

This was another *oh crap we have no one* period for Russia as they were throwing Nelidina, Oblassova and Bassova around in the hopes that one of them would do something....none of them did!

Still, it was no 2007 when Petushkova/Dorinina and Ievleva were the best they had 4 years later.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallFairy View Post
    Yup,Daria Timoshenko was married to Igor Lukanin;-)don t know when they split... Timoshenko was really a very boring skater,as I remember her from euros. No spark or attack... I still had a soft spot for her,somehow...
    She was part of that glum trio - Drei, Gizmo and Timo. They all just looked so depressed and beaten up. It was a sympathetic support

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post

Still, it was no 2007 when Petushkova/Dorinina and Ievleva were the best they had 4 years later.....
    Aaahhh, the Crapova Sisters. They (along with Gozeva) all seem to have been banished to the Mall Rink of Forgotten Skaters.
    Last edited by Nomad; 01-07-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    How would skating history have changed if Sydne Vogel had become the bronze medalist at 1996 US Nationals?

vCash
    For me, it's Elena Ivanova. It seems to me that this girl spent her whole career in the junior rank !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    For me, it's Elena Ivanova. It seems to me that this girl spent her whole career in the junior rank !
    I don't know why that's but...it really is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    She had a brief senior career. She even medalled at a couple of B comps, like Finlandia and Nebelhorn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    I remember because she had a superb cleavage!

This was another *oh crap we have no one* period for Russia as they were throwing Nelidina, Oblassova and Bassova around in the hopes that one of them would do something....none of them did!

yes, I remember....Oblasova and Basova at Euros... and they did so badly I think none of them was send to worlds I think, but I don't remember who was sent instead? too lazy to look it up...anyone?

Poths....yeah, I guess you're right....it was our sympathy for these poor girls.... and what about that other left out Russian skating for Armenia...with the great spins! What's her name again... My mind is completely not working now!

vCash
    and what about that other left out Russian skating for Armenia...with the great spins! What's her name again... My mind is completely not working now!
    You mean Yulia Vorobieva, who skated for Azerbaijan? She did have great spins. And her career seems to have concluded ca. 2001.

vCash
    yes, I remember....Oblasova and Basova at Euros... and they did so badly I think none of them was send to worlds I think, but I don't remember who was sent instead? too lazy to look it up...anyone?
    Slutskaya, Sokolova, and Volchkova. They finished 9th, 10th, and 15th.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast