Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    This week's episode was a little better for me, but I still find the attitudes of the red team annoying, especially the two guys who are the "leaders." And I don't think they showed us the last chance workouts, did they? Maybe I dozed off and missed it. I was glad the black team on the reward challenge and the weigh in. I don't care for Arthur much, but he did a good job in the challenge.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Black team won't be so lucky every week unless Arthur starts pulling high double digits.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    The pink team is AMAZING! They are below 200 and losing 9-11 pounds a week.
    Arthur should be pulling double digits because of his size. I think his plan will backfire on him.

vCash
    Did anyone watch this week? I felt bad for Jay but I was happy the black team kicked the red team's collective butts in the weigh-in this week, given how obnoxious the red team has been, IMO. I was also at the way Jillian jumped on Bob when they realized the black team had won the weigh-in. I guess those "old" trainers know a thing or two about weight loss. The new guy kept saying, oh, it's science, and I know all about it, early on. I guess maybe he doesn't. This is now 3 weigh-ins in a row for the black team.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Also happy that Bob/Jillian's team won the weigh in again, but super bummed Jay got the boot

Jesse broke my heart the way he was sobbing when Arthur finally pulled a big number
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I'm totally disgusted with the Black team this week. I now can't stand Marci and Olivia, and even though I love Courtney, her speech about how awesome it was that the parents sacrificed for their kids was Was glad Jesse showed some spirit, but then he fell in line with the peer pressure and gained weight too. Of course, the stupid thing is that it was all completely unnecessary. Moses had it right - the parents did their kids no favors.

I do like Jenn a lot though, so I'm glad she didn't have to go home.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    ITA with genevieve. This is one of the reasons why I don't like the red line, especially when it involves teams. Heck, get rid of the teams and do away with the families. I like the individual game better.

In other news, The Biggest Loser has been renewed for another season, based on it having higher numbers than last year and being consistent in the ratings.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    That was an annoying episode. I know the girls are bonded up, but Jesse probably would have helped more than Marci with team numbers next week.

vCash
    I agree it was an annoying episode. Jesse had much more potential to help with the weigh-ins and I think they made a mistake sending him home. I also was that the black team basically rolled over and gave up. But I also still don't like the whole red team attitude of being at war. I wish they would shake up the teams. Also was at the new guy trainer going on about how they proved how great they were with this week's weigh in. Um, no, the black team gave up. The weight loss for the red team wasn't all that great even with the 3 lb advantage, and so I wonder if the black team could have beaten them if they had tried.

vCash
    Brett & Cara's workouts are so freaking one-dimensional, I feel bad for any of their group that makes the F4 and has to run the marathon. Those poor people aren't going to be in any kind of shape to go that far.

vCash
    I'm really over this season! There are so few people I want to root for. last night's ep just made me mad.

I don't know what they didn't just call this season The Arthur Show. Honestly, if the point is to follow HIS journey and make sure HE stays to the end, don't make it a freakin contest. Everyone crying their eyes out as he came out having to join the red team was just pathetic - if Marci et al really wanted him to stay, they could have thrown the 5K challenge so Arthur wouldn't have been last. And then all the additional tears at weigh in and especially Bob and Jillian's declarations that Arthur should stay.... I really lost respect. I mean, Arthur lost because he chose to put game play ahead of loyalty a few weeks ago - telling everyone else to drop the gameplay now is a bit rich

And even though I'm not a fan of the new trainers, I thought it was a cheap shot for Brunette #2 (not Hannah - the other one - Sophie? Sonya?) to say she was going with them and then reveal that she cose to stay on the black. Very disrespectful, not only to the trainers but to the people who chose to go with them. I find both brunettes and Marci (another brunette, but at least I can tell which one she is) just horrid.

OTOH, Red team was great is getting Sarah to wake up and make sure she didn't lose the 5K. Perhaps there was game play in it - knowing they could eliminate Arthur - but they seemed genuinely interested in her taking charge of her own destiny. Glad they showed her at the end saying that she had made a major step and felt like she was being made to feel bad about it because everyone was crying over Arthur. I wonder if there will be any lingering effects for her

I loved Arthur's at-home reveal with his kids standing inside the pants He looks great!

vCash
    ITA with your assessment of all the Arthur love. I was especially annoyed with Bob & Jillian & their "forget this is a game & all about winning" "Save Arthur. He needs to be here." Would they have said that if he had been trained by the other 2? I don't think so! Bob in particular irritated me. I well recall how he advised former teams how to play the game in hopes they could beat Jillian's teams.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    ITA with genevieve, and Marci could have chosen the red team if she wanted to make sure Arthur didn't go home. Marci would have gone home. And with Sarah and Arthur on black, Sarah would have been the one to go home if black lost.

Arthur does look good though. But what makes them think he couldn't do it at home and needed to be there? He'd already lost 150 pounds at home before the show started, hadn't he?

vCash
    MArci just makes me ill. She's all "it's for the children" but I don't see HER throwing herself on the sword to help these poor enabled children get further in the game. Oh, maybe that's because she's doing really, really well. Honestly, she makes Ron of Mike and Ron look like a really hands-off tough-love parent. At least he was up front that he was in it to make sure HIS son got to the finale and wasn't crying crocodile tears about other peoples' kids on the show.

I wonder if a sponsor will step up and offer Arthur a continuing challenge like they did for Shay?

vCash
    I'm so disconnected with the red team that I don't know who the members are, other than Rulon (sp?); it doesn't help that I don't like the two new trainers.

I'm sad that it's such a poor season and that it's Jillian's last one. Gee, what a send off, right?

The only competitor that I am really rooting for is the girl who works for DQ and lost weight in order to be on the show. See, I don't even know her name...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    MArci just makes me ill. She's all "it's for the children" but I don't see HER throwing herself on the sword to help these poor enabled children get further in the game. Oh, maybe that's because she's doing really, really well.
    Well, Marci was ready to throw herself on her sword last week, so it's not like she's all talk all the time. I disagree with that idea of throwing yourself on your sword, though.

I think most seem to have forgiven Arthur for his previous gameplay, and Bob said Arthur was the sickest person on the show. It's too bad he went home, but he seems to be doing well so I'm glad about that.

Agree that it's not a great season. All this rah rah team stuff from the red team is a bit much. And especially when they threw their eggs over a wall at the on-ranch team earlier in a challenge.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    Well, Marci was ready to throw herself on her sword last week, so it's not like she's all talk all the time. I disagree with that idea of throwing yourself on your sword, though.
    Except that somehow she got the other 2 parents to do a better job of it.

Still, I am rooting for Courtney too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    True, but of course we only see what the directors/producers want us to see. So who knows what all went on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Still, I am rooting for Courtney too.
    Yes, I like Courtney, too. I don't know if she really has a chance to win it all as her percentages seem pretty low, relatively speaking, but maybe as she loses weight and can work out harder she'll start losing weight faster.

I may puke if Rulon or Justin win this thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    Well, Marci was ready to throw herself on her sword last week, so it's not like she's all talk all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Exactly. I think she was very adept at selling the idea of falling one one's sword for The Children to the other parents in the group and had no intention of really sabotaging her own weight loss.

I really didn't like Justin at the beginning of this season but I kind of like him now. Not sure if that's a sign that he's changed, or that the season is so bad and the balck team is bugging me so much that he's looking better in comparison

vCash
    This week, my opinion of Justin changed when I saw him with his family.

I don't have a favorite this season. IMO, Courtney is all talk and shows little action when it comes to good numbers on the scale. At her weight, she should be dropping double digits like her smaller team members are doing.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast