Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I don't like this new format where we basically only see half of them training. My favorite part is the weigh-in at the end of the show and we're getting gyped in that respect too.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I'm not a fan of sekreting away half of the players, and only getting to see them in grainy shots as if some spy was hiding in the weeds. I mostly listen to the show for the first 90 minutes and do other things - so have they shown us the new trainers' faces yet?
    No, next week is the big whatever reveal of the new trainerzzzzzz. I hate that spycam look too.

Glad everyone got another week.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    It got so boring this week I turned out until the weigh in. (Still sticking to my view that Ms. opera singer is going to turn out to be a Diva PIA)

vCash
    The highlight of the episode was Bob breaking in during Arthur's weigh in to say "stop the damned beeping and show me the weight already!!!!!!!"
    For me, too!

I'm enjoying the season so far, but I don't like the already highly competitive attitudes. I thought the team with the sekret trainers was pretty obnoxious at times. Of course, we haven't seen much of them yet.

I also liked the way Bob called Jillian out on her language in the beginning of the weigh in.

vCash
    watched this last night; I agree with a lot of you that only seeing half the players is ridiculous.

I was not impressed with Don/Dan and throwing the weight in but it does not surprise me Dan's excuse that he can't be a father to his young daughter while he is on campus is a poor excuse. I knownhis missed his daughter, which is normal, but he needed to get his health back.

As much as I liked Courtney before (aqua team member that lost over 100 pounds on her own) I think shes coming across as too full of herself. I think she wants to be America's inspiration, but it's just not working for me.

Apart from that, I was just not impressed with the unknowns to throw the challenge like that.

What did you all think?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I didn't watch last night. I was watching a movie that I have to return to the video store today, and I planned it so I could tune in to the weigh in (the only part worth watching anymore), and then found I didn't care. This season isn't doing it for me.

So Dan/Don threw the weigh in and Dan went home?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Yes, when it seemed that the the other blue team was going home for low weight loss, Dan adn Don each seemd to gain 9 pounds. Earlier in the episode, Dan complained that he was homesick and that he missed his daughter and he couldn't be a father to her while he was away. He is also carrying the guilt that his son died (drug overdose 6 years ago). He felt he could do better at home than on the ranch so they threw the weigh in.

Jillian and Bob did not buy it; they knew that they must have thrown it.Bob was insulted; saying that millions applied to be on the show and here this guy was, selected for the show and he's throwing everything away. They wished him well and hope that he loses weight at home. So far from the little clip he's done well enough.

vCash
    so whatever happened to the wrestler guy?

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    He's still there, on the unknown team.

I've never watched this before and watched last night (I got into it before I realized it was two damn hours long.) I watched in horror, empathy and support for all the contestants. I can't compare it to earlier seasons but it's a weirdly fascinating show.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    I watched a little last night for the first time in a long long time, just to see the wrestler guy.. because I remeber him winning gold at the olympics, beating the unbeatable russian guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lise View Post
    Yes, when it seemed that the the other blue team was going home for low weight loss, Dan adn Don each seemd to gain 9 pounds. ...

Jillian and Bob did not buy it; they knew that they must have thrown it.Bob was insulted; saying that millions applied to be on the show and here this guy was, selected for the show and he's throwing everything away.
    they each gained 9 pounds?!? wow. Sometimes I think Bob and (especially) Jillian can be a bit OTT when they flip out on contestants - for all they "we hate the 'game' part of this show!", they certainly know how to make good television - but yeah, to throw a competition that badly so early in the game so that you go home is really stupid. And it is insulting to the trainers, the other contestants and all the people who applied who didn't get on the show because they weren't tv-ready enough (c'mon, who can resist identical twins losing weight together?).
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    This season Bob and Jillian have been pretty mellow compared to other seasons; it may have to do that this is Jillian's last season on the show. I think that whoever does better job for the unknowns wll be hired full time for the show.

vCash
    I fell asleep right after the egg challenge. I don't like when the contestants throw a weigh-in so I'm not too upset about missing the ending. I'm glad they finally revealed the trainers, though.

vCash
    I was shocked to see that the twins were both in law enforcement. Aren't there weight standards? If not, there should be.

vCash
    OK, I missed a bunch of this so ... who are the new trainers?
    Was it mentioned earlier in the topic and I've forgotten? If so, my apologies. Typical of my brain - it seems to remember so little at times.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    OK, I missed a bunch of this so ... who are the new trainers?
    Was it mentioned earlier in the topic and I've forgotten? If so, my apologies. Typical of my brain - it seems to remember so little at times.
    The threads only 2 pages long

But the trainers are shrouded in sekrecy, in order to create some fake drama.

vCash
    The threads only 2 pages long

But the trainers are shrouded in sekrecy, in order to create some fake drama.
    No they aren't. They were introduced last night.

vCash
    I am not liking the format so far either, and I don't like the way the "unknowns" have been so obnoxious to the other group. Throwing the eggs over the dividing wall at the other team while that team is actually trying to do the challenge? I just thought that was kind of mean. I also don't like all the fighting the unknowns are doing as part of their training.

I agree, Bob and Jillian are both being pretty mellow this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    No they aren't. They were introduced last night.
    And so I ask again, who are the "secret trainers"? I was pretty sure they were to be announced but I missed that part (should know better than than to channel surf, I guess - bad me!)

I realize the topic is only two pages in length, but I don't always recall all/exactly what I read one day ago, let alone days that are even further removed
    Yeah, there's grey on top of the head, wonder if the grey matter on the inside has made its way outside to colour it so.

Anyway, if anyone can name those trainers, and a bit of explanation as to why we should know them, I would really be greatful.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Anyway, if anyone can name those trainers, and a bit of explanation as to why we should know them, I would really be greatful.
    Google is your friend. I typed in biggest loser new trainers and got a link.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast