Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

My two favourites ended up in the top two with my favourite winning the top prize. You spoil me, America!!!
    why not! no one else watched, you earned it!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    why not! no one else watched, you earned it!
    Well, at least of the five main networks, LTD came in third... (And it's tough going against the #1 show of the last seven years...)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    we have 5 main networks? or do you mean up there in Canuckistan?

(and arent AI's ratings down although still good?)
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Wednesday's TV Ratings

Wednesday hour by hour:

8 p.m.

FOX: "American Idol" (23.6 million, 12.9/20)
    ABC: "The Middle" (8.8 million viewers, 5.3/8) / "Better With You" (6.7 million viewers, 4.2/6)
    CBS: "Live to Dance" (4.8 million, 3.2/5)
    NBC: "Minute to Win It" (4.7 million, 2.8/4)
    The CW: "Nikita" rerun (1.5 million, 1.0/2)

18-49 leader: "American Idol" (8.3)

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    we have 5 main networks? or do you mean up there in Canuckistan?
    Welcome to the U.S.A.!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I would not put the CW in the same category as FOX, ABC, CBS and NBC. We have four main networks. That said Live to Dance's ratings were pretty mediocre. I hope the network gives it another chance and Paula Abdul addresses some kinks and smooths them out for the next go 'round.

vCash
    I hope the network gives it another chance and Paula Abdul addresses some kinks and smooths them out for the next go 'round.
    ^^Looks like she won't have time to do that - the show has been axed from the CBS lineup.

"Live to Dance" cancelled: Abdul reportedly "devastated".

For Paula's sake I hoped it would last, even though I barely watched it. Don't know what she'll do now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    ^^Looks like she won't have time to do that - the show has been axed from the CBS lineup.

"Live to Dance" cancelled: Abdul reportedly "devastated".

For Paula's sake I hoped it would last, even though I barely watched it. Don't know what she'll do now.
    Hmmm, guess she doesn't know anything about TV. The numbers weren't all that great BEFORE going against Idol. While I would expect her to be disappointed, she should have known.

Part of it was casting. Like the first season of SYTYCD, the show didn't attract that many folks who were tops in their fields. It ended up more like a very good dance recital than a competitive dance show. How many folks want to watch a dance recital if they don't know anyone dancing? Also, the judges (other than Paula) are virtual unknowns outside the industry, and, frankly, didn't bring that much personality to the table.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Part of it was casting. Like the first season of SYTYCD, the show didn't attract that many folks who were tops in their fields. It ended up more like a very good dance recital than a competitive dance show. How many folks want to watch a dance recital if they don't know anyone dancing? Also, the judges (other than Paula) are virtual unknowns outside the industry, and, frankly, didn't bring that much personality to the table.
    The mish mash dynamic kept the top dancers away. Also, the show went after performers that Paula could mentor. If you come in with a polished, professional product there's little Paula Abdul is going to do for you. This dance free for all is what the producers wanted. Bad vision.

vCash
    I watched the first two shows, was bored to tears and stopped watching until the end. I then watched the last two shows and actually enjoyed them. Kind of like America's Got Talent, I found there to be too much filler at the beginning and too little real talent. I was also kind of suprised that none of the teams made it to finals vs. two little kids, a little kid and a ballet couple made it (though the third was a very pleasant suprise, I love ballet).

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I can understand Paula being upset but if she just wants a paycheck she can always go back to Idol. If they have a hard time with rating this year, she would be a huge draw for them.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I can understand Paula being upset but if she just wants a paycheck she can always go back to Idol. If they have a hard time with rating this year, she would be a huge draw for them.
    She can only go back to AI if the producers make her an offer.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456