Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

vCash
    Judging that this thread is now on Page 3 of the list, I'm guessing many have lost interest or decided to go with AI instead.

I TiVo'd last night's episode and got a chance to view on fast forward this morning.

Spoiler

got through on viewer votes.

The judges selected

Spoiler

to go through to the finals. I'm guessing they expect

Spoiler

to get through on viewer votes.

In my opinion, Twitch had the best routine last night, but none of the performances were perfect. Little breaker Jalen did a nice set, but Du-Shaunt Stegall didn't. Dance in Flight was ok, nothing special, and looked a little heavy. Dax of Dax and Sarah (lindy) has a serious back injury and they had to do the routine without any throws or tosses. White Tree was ok with some good lifts but odd use of an aerialist's silk that I didn't get.

It's online here if you want to catch up.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Overall, it was uninspiring. I think their obsession to be eclectic just comes off as all over the place. Dance in Flight was awful. I did like Twitch and White Tree Fine Art, although Twitch makes me think of Twitch from SYTYCD and White Tree Fine Art is just a dumb name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    and White Tree Fine Art is just a dumb name.
    Agree. It's the name of his art studio and they happened to have a lot of shirts and other promo material with that name, so they went with it. Still dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    It's the name of his art studio and they happened to have a lot of shirts and other promo material with that name, so they went with it.
    White Tree would be sort of cool, but White Tree Fine Art is clunky and sounds ridiculously pretentious.

vCash
    Thanks for explaining that name. I'll admit to the watching-the-train-wreck sorta interest. DH and I dissect performances and share opinions but don't take it very seriously. Was I the only one who thought Paula's necklace/whatever that was this past show looked like the kind of decorative cover trach patients often have?

vCash
    Last semi on now. I'm recording AI so I can skip through the dreck. Anyway, the first order of business is voter results from last week.

Spoiler

gets through, supposedly in a landslide. I think the judges were counting on it.

vCash
    As for tonite,:
    They opened with Dancetown Chaos. They do shirtless athletic really well. Decent performance and gold stars from all the judges.
    Jill & Jacob, the contemporary/hip hop couple attempted an angsty themed slow hip hop ala NappyTabs that didn't work out. Paula was the only one who gave them a star.
    Roosevelt Anderson did a slow hip hop with some bone breaking. I didn't get it.
    Tap Sounds Underground were fantastic, and not just because I know and love tap. Probably the best example of rhythm tap I've seen in a while. Curiously, the blonde judge (what the heck is her name) dissed them.
    Shore Thing (the zombie kids) did a dream/circus thing. I think they were going for Cirque, but there was just too much going on with 19 people. Judges likes it though, 3 stars.
    Closing with Kendall Glover. I think she's improved from the dome rounds, but she looks like 1000 other comp circuit tweens. Split reviews - 1 red, 2 gold.
    They put through

Spoiler

. I'm a bit shocked as I would have expected them to be able to get the viewer votes. Anyone's guess of the remaining 5 for the viewer's choice. There probably aren't that many people watching anyway, so the 19 kids with their extended networks will probably get it. Meh.

vCash
    Sadly for the five acts that need viewer votes, they screwed it up at the end. They weren't supposed to give a # for the act that the experts already put through to the final. So despite the host saying something, surely they will get votes for naught.

I totally echo Aceon6's thoughts on Kendall Glover. She's like a talented kid at a dance recital. I also think Deangelo and Amanda are no different than dozens of talented junior ballroom dancers.

I love there being opportunities for dancers, but this show just isn't it.

vCash
    Ugh. The voters put Kendell Glover through to the finals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Ugh. The voters put Kendell Glover through to the finals.
    American must love that kind of competition dancing.

I thought White Tree Fine Art (still hate the name) and Twitch were the stand outs. Vibe was all over the place. Kendell was . D'Angelo and Amanda were pleasant, but they're still children. Dance Town Chaos were nice. Winner announced next week.

vCash
    I've only been watching on and off, but I'd like to see Twitch win. They're by far the most interesting to me.

vCash
    My pick is the shirtless men aka DTC. None of the 6 did anything that made me go WOW.

vCash
    I don't watch this show but read your recent posts & I'm curious. Is the Twitch you mention the same one who won "So You Think You Can Dance?" a few seasons ago? If so, it doesn't seem right to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I don't watch this show but read your recent posts & I'm curious. Is the Twitch you mention the same one who won "So You Think You Can Dance?" a few seasons ago? If so, it doesn't seem right to me.
    No, this Twitch is a group of 8? high school girls and one guy. They do contemporary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    I've only been watching on and off, but I'd like to see Twitch win. They're by far the most interesting to me.
    Same, but really they're the ONLY interesting act.

vCash
    Amerika has voted

Spoiler

got the highest number of votes. I am NOT pleased.

vCash
    no interest now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    no interest now
    All done now. Don't worry, I won't spoil the West Coast. I'll only say . I appreciate Paula Abdul's love of dance. Keep it going, but rethink this format.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

My two favourites ended up in the top two with my favourite winning the top prize. You spoil me, America!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

My two favourites ended up in the top two with my favourite winning the top prize. You spoil me, America!!!
    Same here! I am pretty thrilled that ballet and ballroom made the final 3 and that the ballroom kids won!

I would have had the girls with the one guy ("Twitch?") in the final instead of Kendall. She's a firecracker, but someone has to do something about her technique.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast