Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Obviously, we are going to have many hug and love and learn and grow moments.

Bev is so going to try and pinch the host's butt.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Paula does seem much more lucid than on AI.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

gold dust woman
    vCash
    This is pretty cheesetastic and over-produced. It's not wonder that Paula wanted a show that was taped and not live...she comes off a lot better that way.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Paula does seem much more lucid than on AI.
    it could be like 12 ours of footage spliced together
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I gave up.

vCash
    Not happy that it's on instead of NCIS. I was going to watch, but that made me cranky.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    this bilevel hair on the backup PCD is hurting me
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    She might want to reconsider the relationship angle. He's a MUCH better dancer than she is, and pretty soon, he's going to realize it and find a better partner.

I'm beginning to see why SYTYCD has age limits. I really don't want to see cute nine and ninety year olds. It's too twee and too many rays of sunshine. I always feel slightly manipulated because if you don't find the naughty old lady and cute little boy just adorable and deserving of a place, well then, you're just a big old meanie.

I'm also already missing the structure of SYTCD--how the hell do you compare a 17 year old hip hop dancer, The Entire Village Vibe, and the Dapper Duo of Tap Dance? From a practical standpoint, how is this show going to work?
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think paula would have been better off doing that horrific last season of AI than this

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    We're tivo'ing, but we did sneak a peek for one segment between commercials. It started with the couple who were just friends but you could tell he wanted to be more. Good grief she was just awful. He was good! If that poor girl "grew up in a studio," she needs to get reimbursed for any tuition she paid. No center, no core, no technique. The little boy from Vegas was entertaining and adorable-what a face. The tappers were great (Richard photographed the teacher/tall/thin one in the hat last year) but overall I fear there's too much gushing and cheap sentiment and not enough high standards. But I'll fast forward through it tomorrow and give it a real chance.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    that reminded me of a movie called "Sinful Life" where some quasi unfit but well meaning mother wanted her daughter to grow up to be a solid gold dancer and told her teachers that she didnt need to do well in school to do it

this show must be bad if that is what i'm thinking about

vCash
    Well, I'm glad I'm not watching...

...an acquired taste
    vCash
    Aw, I am kinda liking this show... Well, maybe one hour would have been enough.

vCash
    I imagine they have some sort of screening process, and most of the acts went off into the great Reality TV Rejection Oblivion. So I have to conclude that these were the best acts and/or the most entertaining. If this was the best of the best...

How many breaths of fresh air has Paula Abdul taken? Los Angeles must have really cleaned up their air quality. Though I do love that she criticized the girl for wearing too much make-up. The make-up was the first thing I noticed about her.

I'm watching behind, clearly. I hope the second hour and New York is better. Except of course, as I type this, you have Adorable Older Lady and then Zombie Children who are obviously showing us the rejected original choreo for Thriller. That was just kind of odd for the sake of being odd. It was the undead kitchen sink of dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    We're tivo'ing, but we did sneak a peek for one segment between commercials. It started with the couple who were just friends but you could tell he wanted to be more. Good grief she was just awful. He was good! If that poor girl "grew up in a studio," she needs to get reimbursed for any tuition she paid. No center, no core, no technique. The little boy from Vegas was entertaining and adorable-what a face. The tappers were great (Richard photographed the teacher/tall/thin one in the hat last year) but overall I fear there's too much gushing and cheap sentiment and not enough high standards. But I'll fast forward through it tomorrow and give it a real chance.
    I thought the guy was dreadful, sloppy, and flinging himself around like crap.

Straight up telling you now that I watched the first 45 minutes, then picked my daughter up at her dance studio, where they all dance better than what I saw on this show.

vCash
    I tried. Got bored after a couple of minutes, and had to stop. I'm not big on the cute/twee thing, so this show isn't for me.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    I got bored as well...I'll probably tune in for the semi-finals. The auditions are yawn to me though. And I agree with Matryeshka about liking that SYTYCD has age limits....I don't care to "awww" over small kids or older couples...I just want to see good dancing. Some of them were "good" but not great.

vCash
    I really enjoyed it actually.

The judges actually gave constructive criticism and weren't cruel just for the sake of being mean or trying to create a soundbite. It was nice that they also didn't just let through every sob story just because.

I thought the judges and the backstage host as well were all really likeable. It's nice to see Paula lucid.

My faves were the teen couple from Los Angeles near the beginning. I also liked the girl who Paula told to cut down on the makeup. I was surprised Paula said it, but I'm glad she did, cause we were probably all thinking it.

vCash
    I'm not gonna watch it.

vCash
    I have to admit that it was better than I expected, but I think I'll lose interest if they don't quickly cut it down to some really good dancers.

What I did like about it is that they didn't focus on the really horrible dancers and they were honest and critical without being mean. I also felt like it really did celebrate the love of dance. They also didn't make it all about the judges.

I think it just won't hold my interest very long. This show would have done well as a short series like The Sing Off did.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast