Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

US Nationals TV Schedule

Does anyone know the Nationals Skating schedule on TV, I'm assuming NBC is airing it? Has there been any word yet?

I usually read the TV Figure Skating site, but it hasn't been updated since November.

Thanks,
    Kristin

JEWELS.
    vCash
    The NBC schedule can be found here and also in my TV schedule (linked below).

The Universal Sports TV coverage of Nationals has not been announced yet.

vCash
    Thank you so much!! very much appreciated!

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Icenetwork has posted the NBC broadcast times and when Universal Sports is repeating the NBC broadcasts.

No info yet if Universal Sports will be showing additional coverage.

http://web.icenetwork.com/events/schedule.jsp?mode=tv

vCash
    Universal is teasing the heck out of it, so I'm sure we're going to get to watch most of the Sr.

vCash
    Ice Network's streaming schedule: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Of particular interest to many people:

Jan. 29
    10:45 a.m.: Senior pairs free skate (Early groups only, late groups will be shown live on TV and will available on-demand only)
    12:35 p.m.: Senior free dance (Early groups only, late groups will be shown live on TV and will available on-demand only)
    6:40 p.m.: Senior ladies free skate (Early groups only, late groups will be shown live on TV and will available on-demand only)

Jan. 30
    1:35 p.m.: Senior men's free skate (Early groups only, late groups will be shown live on TV and will available on-demand only)

Events listed as on-demand only will be available Tuesday, Feb. 1, at Noon ET on icenetwork.com.

vCash
    That is very positive, Debbie S. "Groups" is plural - meaning that we'll get more than the last group of each senior category on live National TV! I was afraid that, for example, the 3-hr Saturday-afternoon NBC telecast of Dance would be 66% a rehash of stuff shown live earlier on UnivSports....1 hr of Ladies SPs + 1 hr of Pairs LPs, leaving only the final flight of Dance shown live.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I wouldn't count on getting full penultimate group coverage live. I think they just hedge their bets in case someone from a lower group in the SP ends up in the final flight for the LP and/or a heavy favorite ends up bombing the SP.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    That is very positive, Debbie S. "Groups" is plural - meaning that we'll get more than the last group of each senior category on live National TV! I was afraid that, for example, the 3-hr Saturday-afternoon NBC telecast of Dance would be 66% a rehash of stuff shown live earlier on UnivSports....1 hr of Ladies SPs + 1 hr of Pairs LPs, leaving only the final flight of Dance shown live.
    I would assume that there will be some "rehashing", since there usually is.
    As I can't get Universal Sports on my cable system. I will be happy to watch, even though I subscribe to IN.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Here is Universal Sports TV's well-hidden coverage page for US Nationals (includes NBC schedule as well):
    http://www.universalsports.com/news/...ls+tv+schedule

This page is still showing Universal Sports TV broacasting only repeats of NBC broadcasts and no live coverage of the short programs/dance. Hopefully this will change.
    It would be if the shorts were not covered live on TV.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Cross-posting this here:

Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Just got this today:

Save $10 off the regular price (so $29.95 instead of $39.95) of an icenetwork.com subscription until Feb. 1, 2011 with the following promo code:

ICE2011CHAMPS

Enter this promo code during checkout.

vCash
    Looks like there will be a live stream from the practice rink. Link is up on the LOC website - doesn't say whether it will be up the whole week: http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-story-liv...7619.htmlstory

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Looks like there will be a live stream from the practice rink. Link is up on the LOC website - doesn't say whether it will be up the whole week: http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-story-liv...7619.htmlstory
    Awesome! Thanks Debbie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I got the following info on this from the MyFox8 Senior Web Producer Scott Dustin:

The live stream is from one (1) stationary and unmanned camera so what you see of the ice is the only shot we will see - no zooming in or out or panning of the camera to follow individual skaters. This stream will be online throughout the competition.

Also there will be a second camera set up to stream live from the FanFest area, (same setup) that will be online throughout the competition. MyFox8 crews will do individual coverage from behind the scenes during the week long event.
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Meh, last night when Skatebuzz only had a stationary camera during the ladies it sucked. Oh well, the practices likely conflict with Euros anyway.

Huge boo to US for not showing the SPs. Very disappointing but IN's quality is pretty great now so hooked up to the TV should be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    Huge boo to US for not showing the SPs. Very disappointing but IN's quality is pretty great now so hooked up to the TV should be fine.
    It hardly matters to me, . My TV isn't bigger than my computer.

vCash
    As usual we on the west coast will get the shaft again from NBC. While they will show live all the final groups in the other 3 events the Ladies final groups will be taped delayed here. Screw you NBC.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    No live coverage of any SPs/SDs?

Arrrrrrgggghhhhhhh

That blows goats. I refuse to pay IceNetwork 30 bucks for one weekend's broadcast.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    No live coverage of any SPs/SDs? ...I refuse to pay IceNetwork 30 bucks for one weekend's broadcast.
    Ice Network is showing the entire event, except for what is being shown live on NBC television this weekend.

It is NBC/Universal that has curtailed its coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    As usual we on the west coast will get the shaft again from NBC. While they will show live all the final groups in the other 3 events the Ladies final groups will be taped delayed here. Screw you NBC.
    And you're surprised? It's always been that way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast