Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I love Judejudy27's rep status.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainerb View Post
    I love Judejudy27's rep status.

good one, I hadn't realized
    Miki has nice basics, she's not in Arakawa or Chan, etc. level but her edging is good. Her posture and stroking would have needed to be addressed and I agree with the previous poster that she was a better skater with Sato.
    Morozov gave her the best programs ever in 2007, but she hasn't skated to programs on par with those since. I dunno who's to blame. She clearly is comfortable with him, but he's been a poor coach imo to someone of the potential caliber of Miki.
    She's been able to have a very long career and remain a contender these past seasons, despite of him. It's because of her natural ability that she's remained one of the best in the world
    Well, imo she's the most talented jumper since Midori and Tonya and this video is just great to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    No you said Yuna and Mao were much better jumper than Miki, which I don't agree with.
    Yes I consider someone who can do 3 triple axels per competition and triple-triples a better jumper than Miki, and I consider someone like Kim who can earn over 55 points on jumps in her best free skate performances a better jumper than Miki. Wow isnt that so illogical, especialy when Miki isnt even doing triple-triples anymore, and even at her peak when jumping better than today in 2007 found herself beaten in GOE points in jumps by Kim and even Mao. That really equates to being just an ok jumper as you claim I said doesnt it.

Anyway nice to see you now admitting you lied about my previous comment, either that or exposing your own lack of intelligence/reading comprehension skills. Goodday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I didnt say anything nasty. I said she didnt have the overall talent of Asada or Kim which 99% of the skating following population would agree with.

You must be jealous of people who arent stupid, but that is your problem.

PS- I did not say she was an ok jumper, I said she wasnt the best jumper over someone like Yu Na Kim, and she isnt as strong a jumper as she was 4 years ago when she was regularly landing triple lutz-triple loop combos.
    She would be still reguralry landing 3-3 at nowadays if the scoring system wasn't discouraging her to do so. It's been like:
    Miki: "I can do HUGE triple lutz followed by triple loop. I want to that in competition and get big points."
    Judges: "Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it! Do way less difficult 3Lz+3L and you'll get more points for that. We don't like when you try more difficult and challenging things. Forget about you 3+3, not to mention a quad."
    Miki: "After few seasons of trying to persuade you I give up. I will do easy things like 3Lz+2L."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Thank you for help!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post
    She would be still reguralry landing 3-3 at nowadays if the scoring system wasn't discouraging her to do so. It's been like:
    Miki: "I can do HUGE triple lutz followed by triple loop. I want to that in competition and get big points."
    Judges: "Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it! Do way less difficult 3Lz+3L and you'll get more points for that. We don't like when you try more difficult and challenging things. Forget about you 3+3, not to mention a quad."
    Miki: "After few seasons of trying to persuade you I give up. I will do easy things like 3Lz+2L."
    True. Miki is one of the strangest judged skaters there is. Inexplicably screwed over with questionable URs for years yet inflated ridiculously in PCS on the other side often. I would rather see her do the 3-3s though as that is one of the things that set her apart and had it make more sense when she was winning or doing well.

vCash
    Yes I consider someone who can do 3 triple axels per competition and triple-triples a better jumper than Miki, and I consider someone like Kim who can earn over 55 points on jumps in her best free skate performances a better jumper than Miki. Wow isnt that so illogical, especialy when Miki isnt even doing triple-triples anymore, and even at her peak when jumping better than today in 2007 found herself beaten in GOE points in jumps by Kim and even Mao. That really equates to being just an ok jumper as you claim I said doesnt it.

Anyway nice to see you now admitting you lied about my previous comment, either that or exposing your own lack of intelligence/reading comprehension skills. Goodday.
    you are a sad person. I guess you feel insecure about your own intelligence so by insulting someone elses you feel better about yourself.

vCash
    in before the lock!

vCash

Mao has never done 3 triple axels and triple-triples in the same competition though. She successfully had 3 triple axels ratified in one competition ONCE, last year at the Olympics, where she attempted no triple-triples and made other mistakes on simpler jumps in the FS. Mao in her jumping prime was attempting one 3a and two or three 3-3s per competition, and I don't know how many times she actually landed all that and got credit for all the rotations but I want to say it was only once or twice, and also, as far as I can tell it seems she hasn't been capable of doing that since 2008, when she was 17.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Mao has never done 3 triple axels and triple-triples in the same competition though. She successfully had 3 triple axels ratified in one competition ONCE, last year at the Olympics, where she attempted no triple-triples and made other mistakes on simpler jumps in the FS. Mao in her jumping prime was attempting one 3a and two or three 3-3s per competition, and I don't know how many times she actually landed all that and got credit for all the rotations but I want to say it was only once or twice, and also, as far as I can tell it seems she hasn't been capable of doing that since 2008, when she was 17.
    Miki doesnt do the triple axel or any triple-triples any longer though. I dont even remember the last time she did a ratified triple-triple. Thus Mao of last year doing all those triple axels is better IMO. And at Mikis jumping peak in 2007 Mao was doing all the jumps Miki was, getting better GOE on most of them (I can link the protocals if you dont believe me) and doing a triple axel. So on the whole I feel more than just in considering Mao at her best a better jumper than Miki. Of course Mao is still a long way from her best at this point. And Kim is a better jumper than both IMO.

That doesnt mean I am denying Miki is a very strong jumper. I just dont consider her the best, especialy not when all the best skaters are active and skating well. And I dont have to consider her the best, especialy when she hasnt been doing the triple-triples regularly for years, just because a few of her apparently sad and obsessive fans (especialy that ks777 looney) whine I dont.

vCash
    That doesnt mean I am denying Miki is a very strong jumper. I just dont consider her the best, especialy not when all the best skaters are active and skating well. And I dont have to consider her the best, especialy when she hasnt been doing the triple-triples regularly for years, just because a few of her apparently sad and obsessive fans (especialy that ks777 looney) whine I dont.

I am started to think you are a lonely man who can't stand it when people disagree with you.

vCash
    I am started to think you are a lonely man who can't stand it when people disagree with you.
    Talking to yourself in 3rd person too now I see. What a sad loser you are.

vCash
    Talking to yourself in 3rd person too now I see. What a sad loser you are.

I never believed you are a woman, not once.
    what's up with all the name calling when people don't agree with you? It shows your age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post
    Thank you for help!
    You're very welcome.

vCash
    I guess I just find Miki's jumps much bigger and higher than Mao's jumps, even though Mao oftentimes executes more difficult jumps than Miki.

vCash
    People seriously under estimate what Ando has done for the sport. She has to be the only lady ever to have a tacked a triple loop on to all triples up to a lutz, in competition. I know Arakawa was a bit of a junior jumping bean, but IMHO Ando started this 3/3 craze and showed that it didn't have to be 3toe/3toe. She has clearly landed the quad salchow (rotated) and has managed to survive the sport for nearly a decade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    People seriously under estimate what Ando has done for the sport. She has to be the only lady ever to have a tacked a triple loop on to all triples up to a lutz, in competition. I know Arakawa was a bit of a junior jumping bean, but IMHO Ando started this 3/3 craze and showed that it didn't have to be 3toe/3toe. She has clearly landed the quad salchow (rotated) and has managed to survive the sport for nearly a decade.
    This!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    Thank you

vCash
    Thank you
    We should also remeber that Miki is still able to consistantly land ALL kind of triples in competitions, while both Mao and Yu-Na are not. Mao doesn't do lutz and sal (well, she's been doing them this season but rather unsuccesfully) and Yu-Na dosn't do the loop. And this is why neither Yu-Na nor Mao will never be best jumpers for me. IMO to pretend for opinion of the best jumper you have to master all kind triples and CONSISTANTLY execute them in competitions. That's why I consider the best jumpers Midori Ito and Irina Slutskaya. Of course height, speed, flow are very important as well...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    You're very welcome.
    Can you tell me what competition it is?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast