Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    805
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post
    We should also remeber that Miki is still able to consistantly land ALL kind of triples in competitions, while both Mao and Yu-Na are not. Mao doesn't do lutz and sal (well, she's been doing them this season but rather unsuccesfully) and Yu-Na dosn't do the loop. And this is why neither Yu-Na nor Mao will never be best jumpers for me. IMO to pretend for opinion of the best jumper you have to master all kind triples and CONSISTANTLY execute them in competitions. That's why I consider the best jumpers Midori Ito and Irina Slutskaya. Of course height, speed, flow are very important as well...
    Well if you go by that logic, then shouldn't you count Rochette as one of the best as well? She consistently does all of the triples and I think her jumps are of better quality than Miki's as of now. Also, ever since Miki fixed her lip, her flip hasn't been that stable. She has been omitting this jump in her LPs recently. Btw, Mao has been rather successful with her sal so far this season. She has only doubled the jump once in competition (at nationals).

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    434
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    People seriously under estimate what Ando has done for the sport. She has to be the only lady ever to have a tacked a triple loop on to all triples up to a lutz, in competition. I know Arakawa was a bit of a junior jumping bean, but IMHO Ando started this 3/3 craze and showed that it didn't have to be 3toe/3toe. She has clearly landed the quad salchow (rotated) and has managed to survive the sport for nearly a decade.

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    241
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Well if you go by that logic, then shouldn't you count Rochette as one of the best as well? She consistently does all of the triples and I think her jumps are of better quality than Miki's as of now. Also, ever since Miki fixed her lip, her flip hasn't been that stable. She has been omitting this jump in her LPs recently. Btw, Mao has been rather successful with her sal so far this season. She has only doubled the jump once in competition (at nationals).
    No because Rochette doesn't have a triple-triple. But I really admire her ability to pull off seven triple programs with full set of triples, additionally her height and flow are quite good. But Miki, Irina or Midori beside their all triples consistantly landed in competitions have very difficult triple-triples, Midori even her famous triple axel. Irina and Midori are also superior to Miki, Mao, Joannie and even Yu-Na in terms of heigt, look at Irina's lutz or Midori's axel! The only thing Yu-Na lacks to be the second best jumper after Midori is triple loop.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    People seriously under estimate what Ando has done for the sport. She has to be the only lady ever to have a tacked a triple loop on to all triples up to a lutz, in competition. I know Arakawa was a bit of a junior jumping bean, but IMHO Ando started this 3/3 craze and showed that it didn't have to be 3toe/3toe. She has clearly landed the quad salchow (rotated) and has managed to survive the sport for nearly a decade.
    Hallelujah!

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post
    Can you tell me what competition it is?
    I think it's from the 2002 Japanese Nationals.

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Missing Matsutake
    Posts
    2,737
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post
    look at Irina's lutz or Midori's axel!
    Irina's lutz took off on a flat, so I wouldn't say her technique was as solid as Ando's in that aspect.

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    805
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bartek View Post
    No because Rochette doesn't have a triple-triple. But I really admire her ability to pull off seven triple programs with full set of triples, additionally her height and flow are quite good. But Miki, Irina or Midori beside their all triples consistantly landed in competitions have very difficult triple-triples, Midori even her famous triple axel. Irina and Midori are also superior to Miki, Mao, Joannie and even Yu-Na in terms of heigt, look at Irina's lutz or Midori's axel! The only thing Yu-Na lacks to be the second best jumper after Midori is triple loop.
    But Miki hardly gets her 3-3 ratified anymore. She doesn't even attempt them much either now. So I really don't think she's that much better. Irina's jumps have much height but not that much flow. Midori and Tonya are the best natural jumpers. Yuna has some of the best technique.

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    22
    Posts
    12,933
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The best 3 jumpers I ever have seen are definitely Ito, Harding, and Yu Na Kim. Harding is the least consistent of those three by far though.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    805
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    The best 3 jumpers I ever have seen are definitely Ito, Harding, and Yu Na Kim. Harding is the least consistent of those three by far though.
    It's because she doesn't like to practice. I believe she got as far soley based on her natural talent. Too bad she couldn't treasure it.

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    22
    Posts
    12,933
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah I think Harding was probably an even more talented jumper than Ito. Amazing what she could have been with stronger work ethic. And she was a talented skater too with very good spins, basic skating and edges, positions when she was younger t oo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •