Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    was answered partly a few pages back:

anyway, the father... the son... just watch and enjoy!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ylNGSd7lo (the father, 1992 OG, LP)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWhUVFwHfZ8 (the son, RN this season, FS)
    Thanks for the link. I actually had never seen Junior skate! What a surprise/shock, he wasn't at all what I was expecting. How old is he again?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I didn't find Dmitriev's comments about G/E offensive because I think they boiled down to "They're not ready to skate at a level where they'd have a chance if other teams skate well or their best." Who would expect them to be when she's just taken up pairs, and they've even been working knowing that their training will be interrupted by Enbert's military obligations.

As for Dmitriev, Jr., coaching relationships are business relationships, just as professor/student relationships are. If he wasn't getting what he needed from Mishin, he should find a coach who gives him what he needs. The biggest name in the book isn't always the best or right teacher for a given student, even if it's an honor to be accepted.

I'd only criticize him if he didn't fulfill his end of the bargain or was rude, dismissive, disruptive, etc. I haven't seen a statement from Dmitriev, Jr. himself to suggest that he disrepects Mishin. Business is business.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I still don't see anything wrong with what he said.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    My point was he dissed them to the press. Do you see the difference? If not, your command of English is not as good as you think & therefore I don't think we can communicate.
    jeez...I don't need any command of English to read the Russian interview in the Russian language.
    He didn't diss/insult anyone. The way he talked was normal in that culture. If it contradicts yours, nobody hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by loopey View Post
    Thanks for the link. I actually had never seen Junior skate! What a surprise/shock, he wasn't at all what I was expecting. How old is he again?
    18. He was born on Sep 7, 1992.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Does anyone know what's up with Enbert's military service? Has he been released? Is he training?
    Yes, yes and yes

vCash
    Good, good and good. Glad they are training full strength for Euros.

vCash
    So much in this thread!.... loving it

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Tinami, I've deleted your nasty personal attack on another poster. Enough is enough. This thread is not about her or you, for that matter.

If you have a personal beef with someone, this is your problem. PM that person if you must. And in advance: don't PM me with some info that I'm certainly not interested in.

Most importantly, keep it off the board. You've been here long enough to know what the rules are.

I consider this off topic closed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    I consider this off topic closed.
    Absolutely, my dear. I would not want to do anything to upset your virtual authority. I'll only talk about Dmitriev's "skating issues" and quietly watch how the loudest denoucers of "Russian coarse, sensored and authoritative society" are the very products of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    Absolutely, my dear. I would not want to do anything to upset your virtual authority. I'll only talk about Dmitriev's "skating issues" and quietly watch how the loudest denoucers of "Russian coarse, sensored and authoritative society" are the very products of it.
    Whatever. Everybody knows that you're never only going to talk about "skating issues," so you can drop the patronizing tone.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Getting back on topic...I suspect that Artur is trying to keep the pressure off of his team. By emphasizing that they're new and have a ways to go before they can compete with the top Russian pairs, he maybe trying to buy them some space to train and compete outside the media glare.

As for Artur Jr...I knew he skated but I didn't realize he was a serious competitor until this season. It takes a certain moxie to compete in a sport where your father is a two-time Olympic champion. I admire him for it.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    As for Artur Jr...I knew he skated but I didn't realize he was a serious competitor until this season.
    This was Artur Jr's first season on the JGP -- his first big international was 2010 Junior Worlds where he placed 7th (his 2 programs are on YouTube). Does anyone have a link to his 2nd place Senior SP at Russian Nationals last month?

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Neither Katerina or Alexander have great skating skills to begin with so they are going to need time to develope them; they are not V/T by any stretch of the imagination and he knows that.
    It looks like they are very realistic about themselves. Katarina gave an interview to E. Konova and gzt.ru:

E. Konova: Was it a huge surprise for you that you made it for Europeans?

Katarina: That was indeed a big and pleasant surprise. Of course we were training much, we wanted to go to Europeans, but since we had been skating together for a really short time comparing with other pairs, we were very surprised that we got a ticket for Europeans. If we couldn't have done it, of course we would have been upset a lot. We would have continued working hard and probably we would have been in Universiade. For us, the most important moment was our skating and personal result.

E.K. What could you tell us about RN? Was it difficult to deal with such a tough competition?

K.G. The competition in pair skating in Russia is tough indeed, but it was cool! I think if the competition is tough, all pairs start progressing faster. In general it wasn't so hard, we weren't that nervous.Tamara Nikolaevna set us in a good mood. But in FS we had to skate after Maxim and Tatiana and it wasn't easy. We were not watching their FS live but of course we knew that they skated very well.

E.K. What did you coaches tell you after the RN?

K.G. They praised us, they were very happy with what we had done. We could show everything we had learned for such a short time, so we all were glad. We executed a triple twist and a triple throw jump that we had studied just before the RN as well as we could at that moment.

E.K. What was your main difficulty in order to perform all elements perfectly?

K.G. We don't have enough experience in pair skating. That is our main problem for today, but we are doing our best. This season is not easy for us. Out pair is only at the first stage, so our plans are pretty realistic and we don't plan to get much. We are learning to skate together, to get used to each other on the ice. During all this season we have been learning something new non-stop. But next season we will have more serious goals.

E.K. Practically every time you add some new elements to your programs. Are you planning to show something new in Bern?

K.G. No. The programs and the lemenets will be the same. We hope the quality will be better, a cleaner skating with more confidence. Our target in Europeans is to skate better than in RN, to make a step forward, to get an international experience as a pair. We don't plan to medal. We will follow our personal targets and then, we will see.

E.K. Do you have some rating that gives you a chance to skate in top groups?

K.G. We have some rating but it's tiny and it will not help us. The rating for the last three years count, but since we took part only in two international competitions, our rating is minimal. But we are fine with that, we are a new pair and all pairs had to deal with that when they started.

E.K. What do you think is the main strength or advantage of you as a pair?

K.G. I think we are a very radiant pair if we speak about our job and our attitude to the public. We try to enjoy our skating and we want our fans and public to enjoy our skating as well. Probably that is our feature.

E.K. Are you ambitious? What are your sport dreams?

K.G. I think all sportsmen of international level are ambitious. They devote all their time and body to FS. Of course we want to get some success in return. We plan our goals together with our coaches whom we trust completely. Dreams, yes.. we have the same dreams, me and Sasha. We both want to do everything we could. We don't want to regret later that we missed something and didn't do our best.

E.K. Do you still remember your single skating?

K.G. No, I don't. That was easy for me to say "bye" to single skating. Of course I don't cross it out of my life and I think I got some not bad results in single skating. But when I switched into pair skating, I planned to get higher results than in single. Now I don't think about single skating at all. I have my present life and my future and I devote all myself to them.

E.K. Nevertheless, you follow the single competition. Who among our gilrs do you like better?

K.G. I like Adelina. I know her, she is a remarkable little person. And great hard-worker. She has wonderful coaches and the family who support her entirely. I think she has a great future. Of course the puberty age is unpredictable. But I hope she will go through it easily.

E.K. You and your partner understand each other very well? You never wanted to give up everything?

K.G. We have good relationship and till now we didn't have any conflicts. Actually, we don't argue at all. I think we both have peaceful personalities, we hate arguments and conflicts. We try to understand each other, it's better for us and for our coaches. I think it's wonderful when the relationships between partners are idyllic. We have been friends from the age of 11yo.

E.K. Do you contact each other off ice or you try to rest from each other?

K.G. Of course we spend some time together off ice too. I have my own friends and he has his, but sometimes we go together to the cinemas or theatres. We use to have holidays together. So, we don't have such situations when we are tired from each other after training. I hope we will keep this style in the future too.

E.K. Who works with you more: Moskvina or Dmitriev?

K.G. Both. They have different functions. With Artur we mainly work on jumps, throw jumps, twists. With Tamara Nikolaevna we train lifts, footsteps, spins and twists too.

http://www.gzt.ru/topnews/sport/-my-...y-/343594.html

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456