Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Home with the family, husband is making steak dinner, Australian shiraz, then watching silly New Year's Eve shows with my daughter. The Canadian channel MuchMoreMusic has a fantastic Retro Dance Party every year with 70s, 80s and 90s cheesy videos.

vCash
    Hubby and I just polished off some lobster with bubbly. Had a Blanc de Noir that was just sweet enough to compliment the shellfish. Settling in for some Twilight Zone marathon. It's unlikely we'll stay up to see the ball drop in Times Square. Happy 2011 everyone.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Went out for a movie this afternoon - True Grit which I highly recommend. Dinner was takeout Chinese with sparkling cider. Now I'm watching marathon of last season's Next Food Network Star.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    My sister's friend invited me over to drink champagne and eat snacks. I haven't decided whether I'll go, though. I woke up this morning with vertigo and still don't feel completely well. I may just go to bed and hope I feel better in the morning. I'm having breakfast with friends tomorrow morning and going to a party that evening and don't want to feel like crap.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Just spent a couple of very hectic days driving from North Georgia to New Jersey. Our car blew the water pump, which destroyed the main belt, which ruined the fan. This was 3 hours into a 12 hour trip yesterday morning east of Asheville, NC. So, we called a tow truck and had the pleasure of meeting "Bobby," a VERY rustic 40-ish gentleman and truck driver extraordinaire who, though rough around the edges to say the least, turned out to be a Prince and saved our butt.

After renting another car because the Winston Salem BMW shop didn't have old enough parts for our ancient chariot, we finally arrived this morning in Cherry Hill. I've spent a raucious day with the two most gorgeous grandsons in the world, and I am whipped but extremely happy. Looking forward to two more days of playing with tiny little cars and watching "Cars" and going to Toys R Us.

So now Hubby and I are sequestered in the Cherry Hill Holiday Inn where everybody and his dog has checked in to party safely. I know I'm in for a night of noise because people are already running up and down the hall being loud, and I'm going to be highly annoyed about 2 a.m. However, when we wake up at 6 or 7, I think I'll turn the TV on as loud as possible and stomp up and down the hall screaming. Not really-I wouldn't do that, but it's tempting. At least the partiers aren't out driving and potentially killing innocent people. But a wee bit of revenge might be tempting....but hey-I'll give them a chance first. Wish me luck!

vCash
    Stay at home and watch tv.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    This year I was supposed to be on the beach. But my mom broke her leg for the 4th consecutive december (must be some kind of record...) and, considering her muscular dystrophy, is on bed rest, and I had to cancel my New Year's plans and stay at home alone with mom. For the 4th consecutive year.

So I cooked lentils with sausage (it's supposed to bring you money) and pork loin in red wine and orange juice sauce. Don't want to brag about it, but it was damn perfect
    The problem is that I have to clean it all up...

I have a brand new little blue dress I was going to wear on the beach and I wore it today anyway. Now I'm listening to some music drinking really cold champagne. Not too bad at all.

Happy New Year everyone!!
    Health, happiness, peace and prosperity to all, and the time to enjoy it.
    (and a nice trip to some paradise location wouldn't hurt either

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    We have to go to my lunatic sister-in-law's New Year's Eve/B-Day party. We were informed there would be dinner. Then told an hour ago not to come until 9 and that there is no dinner. Now I have to plan dinner at home.

We were also told we are required to bring and wear slippers because we are not allowed to wear shoes and she doesn't want to turn the heat on in the basement and she doesn't like looking at people's socks.

Like I said---lunatic.
    I'm sorry to do this, but . I would love to be a fly on the wall at your family gatherings

Has she always been like this? If so, her husband must have the patience of Job.

Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Is it wrong of me that I'm excited you're seeing more relatives because I can't wait to read about the

Count me in as another one who is spending tonight living vicariously through you .

I never go out on New Year's Eve as it's Amateur Night on the roads . Drivers in Georgia are atrocious enough without adding liquor/booze/assorted chemicals to the mix.

Since going out isn't an option, I'm at home, snug as a bug in a rug, and watching the The Smoking Gun Presents: "World's Dumbest ________" (guilty-pleasure trash t.v. at it's finest) marathon on TruTV.

I also invited Le Mòn Pye and Coco Nutgelato over to join me in celebrating the last night before my diet kicks in .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Ex texted me re: his pug. Somehow she fractured a bone in her neck! She is zonked out on painkillers and she has to go back for an MRI, but the x-rays show a small fracture in her neck...no one knows how that could have happened. I have some theories, but they'd get me in trouble, so I am keeping my mouth shut.
    Probably just as well.

vCash
    Oooooh, there's a Twilight Zone marathon on tonight - love it!!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    I had a great Australian NYE this year. Went to a friend's house where were ate and drank and played PS2 SingStar (80s and Queen, we did ABBA for a bit but meh) until midnight, and then we cheered, watched the Sydney fireworks, and had some more drinks.

Of course, we had the CFS scanner on too, in case there were fire warnings, but all was good. Several guests didn't make it because they were flooded in Queensland, so we had some drinks for them too.

Recovery today meant going to the pancake parlour for lunch

Happy New Year FSU

vCash
    Happy New Year if you're in the Eastern Time Zone!

vCash
    Went to Cirque de Symphonie on Ice in our new temple to hockey during a winter storm advisory. All of the music was recognizible. Most of the Cirque was off ice, but a guy skated on "stilt skates" that had his boots a foot above the ice and after the intermission he skated with a lady and kites. Then we really had ice dancers--Melissa and Denis.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I was going to celebrate with family because my dad wanted a family get together since he's been feeling so much better. That didn't happen because of the rain and thunderstorms (wonderful weather) and I wasn't going to travel on Hwy. 84 with the crazy truck drivers that think both lanes of the highway belong to them. So, I'm home where it's safe from the rain, thunderstorms and crazy truck drivers and I changed the channel to TruTV when I saw that Cyn mentioned the marathon. Right now, "World's Dumbest Daredevils7" is on and it's reminding me why I'm so happy I stayed home and avoided the the "World's Craziest Truck Drivers on Hwy. 84".

Happy New Year to everyone living in the Eastern Time zone! It's central time
    here (11:21 p.m.) and I'm still waiting for the countdown to 2011.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Happy New Year!!!!

Stayed at home with my family. Watched football and ate pulled pork sandwiches. Nice evening.

Christmas Day was time for the lunatics in my family!

vCash
    I spent the evening alone at home doing laundry and watching bad movies. Somehow I requested a Nora Roberts movie from netflix. I can't figure out why I would have done that except that it had Emilie de Ravin in it and I remembered her from Roswell as being a decent actress. Anyway, I had pizza, watched a bad Nora Roberts movie, and listened to all of the fireworks going off in my neighborhood. This is my first New Year's here and let me tell you these people are hardcore into fireworks!

PDilemma I am at loony SIL and her crazy demands! I can't wait to hear the full report!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Happy New Year to all FSUers!!!

May your next year be rich with happiness, love, and joy.

vCash
    Peace and prosperity in the new year to all!
    I just got home from California, the family is in bed already, so I'm having a glass of wine and opening some presents. Books...books...yep, more books...
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Happy New Year, FSUers!
    It's the first New Year in my life I spent alone (work- related), but I'll join my family tomorrow... Have a replay of last year's Worlds on my TV and am packing a suitcase, slightly drunk.
    Wishing all of you a wonderful year.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Happy New Year!! I was out watching the fireworks at Taipei 101. I'm obsessed with New Years Eve fireworks, and will be spending my free time on January 1st on Youtube surfing for all the fireworks celebration around the world!

Here is the Taipei 101 show, this year marks the 100th year of the ROC (Republic of China), the budget for the firework was raised by more than twice than previous years!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JgEYySzqL8

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast