Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Candace Cameron Bure Reveals Her Battle with Bulimia

People article

Interesting that she started the eating disorder after Full House ended. Don't think I will buy or even check out her book at the library.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepaydays View Post
    People article

Interesting that she started the eating disorder after Full House ended. Don't think I will buy or even check out her book at the library.
    I can't say I'm too surprised. There were rumours about this in Vancouver when she got married to (ex-Vancouver Canucks player) Pavel Bure's brother. Supposedly the Bures were very concerned about her problem and were trying to help. But some teams' wives are more supportive of each other than other teams' wives, and apparently there was a lot of resentment against her from some wives on some of Valeri Bure's teams, because she was already a "star". Everything she did was interpreted as "I am better than you because I am a famous actress" even when she didn't intend that at all. Which didn't help her in getting better at all.
    Last edited by overedge; 12-31-2010 at 06:05 AM.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    If I had Kirk Cameron for a brother I'd probably vomit often as well.

sorry, I couldn't resist and some of you know you were thinking it

vCash
    People article

I'm just curious, but why not?

vCash
    I hope she's okay now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I'm just curious, but why not?
    Because her book is on "physical and spiritual wellness" and I have a gut feeling that the material in it is probably too generic to get anything out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl
    If you are referring to his Evangelicalism - I think she is a lot of the same way.

Of course there is that banana clip that had to be unbearable for even her to watch.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    So true!! Of course, were Kirk my brother, I'd have been driven to drink . Back in the late '80s, he personified they typical mainstream douchenozzle

IMO if doesn't matter what her personal choice is re: faith -- if that smarmy tool were my brother, I'd be on a Zofran drip 24/7 . His being an Evangelical minister only amplifies how much of an ass hat he truly is .

Candace has always been cute (and far more attractive than her brother, if you ask me ). Several years ago she hosted on of those countdown shows on e! and she was scary thin - Glad to hear she was able to get help for it.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I thought she was just as Evangelical as he is?

or perhaps I'm just getting her confused with her role on Make It Or Break It
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I thought she was just as Evangelical as he is?

or perhaps I'm just getting her confused with her role on Make It Or Break It
    From everything I've read about her, she's like Summer in real life too.

vCash
    Has Pavel found Christ as well?

I'm not at all surprised that Candace battled bulimia. Chubby kids often get harassed for their weight no matter who they are. It must be a gazillion times worse in the cut-throat child acting industry. And as someone mentioned, some groups of athlete wives are very supportive of each other, but other groups are full of nasty competitive female meanness.

Candace and Valeri seem to have one of the most genuinely loving and stable celebrity marriages.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Good on her for having the strength to go public about her battles with such a debilitating illness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    Candace and Valeri seem to have one of the most genuinely loving and stable celebrity marriages.
    I follow Candace on Twitter and I agree. Not everyone might agree with her religious beliefs, but she seems like a genuine and sweet person. She believes that going public with her struggle will help others and I hope it does.

I Tweeted to her once that since she spends so much time in ice rinks with her boys playing hockey that she should take up figure skating.

vCash
    Reminds me a little of Tracey Gold from Growing Pains. Both were criticized for being "chubby" when on sitcoms during their teen years and both ended up, understandably, with eating disorders.

vCash
    I had posters of Kirk Cameron on my wall in the mid 80's when I was in elementary school...along with Sean Astin. LOL.

For being a child star, I always thought Candace Cameron had a good head on her shoulders. She seemed to be able to avoid the fate that numerous child stars on popular tv shows suffered..including the girl who played Stephanie tanner.

I wonder what they think when they see Mary Kate and Ashley.

vCash
    Although I haven't seen her in years, I must say that Candace is extremely sweet and very down-to-earth. She was in Fredericton for a lot of my last year of high school and my first year of university at UNB. (Valeri played for the F'ton Canadiens for a year before they married.) Kudos to her for sharing her story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    Although I haven't seen her in years, I must say that Candace is extremely sweet and very down-to-earth. She was in Fredericton for a lot of my last year of high school and my first year of university at UNB. (Valeri played for the F'ton Canadiens for a year before they married.) Kudos to her for sharing her story.
    I wonder if Valeri Bure, shares his wife's religious beliefs?

vCash
    Speaking of Candace, when does MIOBI start up again?

Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    Not until March I think.....it's supposed to run alongside Secret Life again. So i would assume that those shows will start up in the spring after "Pretty Little Liars" and "Greek" are over.
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    I wonder if Valeri Bure, shares his wife's religious beliefs?
    Going by his tweets, he does.

vCash
    Because her book is on "physical and spiritual wellness" and I have a gut feeling that the material in it is probably too generic to get anything out of it.
    The hotness of Candace and her husband is evidence that Christianity is worth a try. The legitimacy of a religion should at least partially determined by the general hotness of its followers, as no potent deity would allow such aesthetic mediocrity to infest the flock.

Alas, this means that Wicca and Paganism, magnets for drab people, are bogus.
    Last edited by heckles; 01-03-2011 at 04:37 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast