vCash

NM governor may give a posthumous pardon to Billy The Kid

Billy the Kid some 130 years after he was killed. I guess Billy was offered a pardon by the then govenor but I guess he never got it. TOday's NM governor is thinking of granting the notorious bandit of lore the promised pardon. I think from a historical prospective it is kinda cool for something that happened so long ago could be brought up today. Part of me wants him of get the pardon but Billy the Kid DID kill nine people including law enforcement officers who are all now forgotten. So I think he should not get the pardon. What do you all think?
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society...ernor-s-pardon
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Billy the Kid some 130 years after he was killed. I guess Billy was offered a pardon by the then govenor but I guess he never got it. TOday's NM governor is thinking of granting the notorious bandit of lore the promised pardon. I think from a historical prospective it is kinda cool for something that happened so long ago could be brought up today. Part of me wants him of get the pardon but Billy the Kid DID kill nine people including law enforcement officers who are all now forgotten. So I think he should not get the pardon. What do you all think?
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society...ernor-s-pardon
    Thanks to the Billy Joel song, I always thought that Billy the Kid was a bankrobber who killed a lot of innocent people. In reality, he had a terrible childhood, basically on his own from the age of 12 or so. It's no wonder he fell in with a bad lot. According to things I have read, he was initially screwed out of a promised pardon. I don't believe the people he killed were exactly innocents, either. It was all part of the Lincoln County wars. Others involved were pardoned. I think he deserves to be pardoned, also.

vCash
    I think it's a huge waste of time, money and energy, seeing as he's dead and all... but that's just me.

vCash
    It is official; no pardon for Billy The Kid. The current NM governor said he based his decision on Billy The Kid's bad behaviour after he was denied the pardon by the then governor.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/12...don-once-again
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica Lee View Post
    I think it's a huge waste of time, money and energy, seeing as he's dead and all... but that's just me.
    Ditto! What a waste...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Ditto ditto...a waste of time. But we are talking about Bill Richardson, who thought that he would be Secretary of State instead of an outgoing governor.

vCash
    They just annouced on CNN he will not give the pardon.