Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    See, I knew I would forget someone(s). ITA with Castile & Okolski. I feel they never got to reach their potential because of the constant injuries and illnesses. Their "Requiem for a Dream" LP and last years was gorgeous even if they didn't skate well enough to make the Olympic team.
    That's how I feel about them, too. I absolutely believe that if it hadn't been for the injuries and illnesses that they would have at least made a run at the world podium. They had all the potential in the world. The injuries, etc. that kept them from competing contributed so much to their not building consistency in competition with the jumps. I wish they'd stuck around a little while longer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    That's how I feel about them, too. I absolutely believe that if it hadn't been for the injuries and illnesses that they would have at least made a run at the world podium. They had all the potential in the world. The injuries, etc. that kept them from competing contributed so much to their not building consistency in competition with the jumps. I wish they'd stuck around a little while longer.
    I always think about what might have been with C/O. I do miss them. They had that great connection and two skate as one feel.

vCash
    ITA about C/O. They brought some much needed grace to US pairs. Aside from the sbs jumps, everything else about their 2007 performances were World podium-worthy.

They only skated together for one season, but Scott & Fein are another US team that I miss. Such creative programs they had. I hardly recognized Tiffany Scott.

I miss Bereznhaya & Sikharulidze, definitely.

I would miss Shen & Zhao, if not for the reason Japanfan mentioned. Thankfully we still get to see them in shows.

vCash
    Anabelle Langlois and Cody Hay for sure!! Mandy Woetzel and Ingo Steuer, Isabelle Brasseur and Lloyd Eisler, Kristy and Kris Wirtz, Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov, Kyoko Ina and John Zimmerman, Marie-Claude Savard-Gagnon and Luc Bradet (if you haven't heard of Marie and Luc, they were Canadian but were never strong international contenders.. I liked them though)

Oh yeah, and some might think I'm crazy, but Rena Inoue and John Baldwin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Also, Berezhnaya & Skihaurulidze, Steigler & Zimmerman (amazing how one program made such an impression on me), Bechke & Petrov, LaRiviere & Faustino, Aaron Parchem and both of his previous partners (even with the jumping issues the ladies had), Gordeeva & Grinkov, Kavarikova (sp?) & Novotny, NNN & Themi, Keauna & Rockne Brubaker, Artur Dmitriev and both previous partners.

FSWer, like you I'm probably missing some teams and will remember them as other people post.
    Outstanding list. I miss Petrov, not Bechke. He could have been better than Dmitriev if he had the right partner. See some of his pro stuff with Kristi. He's way better than what he was known for. Super smokin, too

I'd kick out L/F from this list and add in almost any German pair (Mandy/Ingo, Mirko/Peggy) and Castille/Okolski

vCash
    Yet another team I'm reminded of by Rock2. ITA about the German pairs, especially Mirko and Peggy. I still love their Patch Adams LP and still feel badly for Peggy over how that partnership ended. I'm glad they won at least one World medal (well deserved).

vCash
    I miss most of the pairs everyone's mentioned (B/S the most, definately). I have to say, I'm looking forward to this Olympic cycle. The pair discipline is going to be one of the most disputed and with many contenders and strong pairs.
    I'd like a Northamerican pair to emerge to compete with the Asian and European pairs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    I'd like a Northamerican pair to emerge to compete with the Asian and European pairs
    Moore-Towers and Moscovitch? Dare I hope?

I know they're a little rough around the edges, but look how far they've come in such a short time.

vCash
    Stiegler & Zimmerman (amazing how one program made such an impression on me)

I only saw one program by them also, but I still remember them vividly. She probably would never have learned to jump, so they might not have had a long-term future, but boy, were they exciting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12