- Rep Power
1. To lose weight 11 lbs (5 kg)
2. To walk more often in fresh air
1. Work hard at my MA
2. Earn some $$
1. To maintain my weight loss. I lost 35 pounds this year, in a healthy and gradual way--just good diet and exercise. Feel and look like a new woman. Overall health is enormously improved.
2. To use my slow cooker more.
3. To combine these two resolutions when and if possible.
How exactly are you planning to survive on a vegan diet then?
Originally Posted by Holley Calmes
Legumes, rice, zukes, squash, potatoes, corn, green beans and their friends, all kinds of fruit, whole grains,,,,,and lots of vegan Indian and Thai dishes.
I'm not on it forever. I'm doing 2 weeks and see how I feel, plus I'm getting my annual physical next week and will talk to the doc. I'm thinking about going vegan during the week and then eating small amounts of meat on the weekends.
vegan? or vegetarian? or semi-vegeterian? or ovo-lacto-vegeterian?
If you are considering eating small amounts of meat, then technically you would be following a vegetarian like diet, but a real vegetarian diet.
ETA: my nephew in law is a vegan. I found this out because I would fix vegetable dishes - and he wouldn't eat them because they might have a beef broth base
Last edited by numbers123; 01-06-2011 at 12:06 AM.
OK, whatever the titles, I'm not eating any meat or dairy for 2 weeks. Then, depending on how I feel, I might eat a little meat or dairy on the weekend and see how that goes. I could honestly give up meat. It's the dairy I mourn...and eggs. I love eggs. Call me what you will.....just call me thinner and hopefully healthier.